Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Would not be so sure about that I think we shall be allowed to go in.

B4 - Which teams in the Championship do you think will get close to selling out?

I've just looked at everyone and I'm confident that no team will go above 80% of their capacity.

You need to understand B4, a lot of people are simply too scared to go to football games now.

Random thought, non-Covid related.  One of the things I like about pre-season friendlies is the refereeing.  They don't get fooled so often by the 'he touched me so I'm flinging myself to the ground' routines or get the yellow card out at the drop of a hat.  I rather like the derisory waving of the hands from the refs telling the nancies to get up and carry on.

I suppose it's wishful thinking to hope that will carry on into the season proper, at all levels. 

9 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Random thought, non-Covid related.  One of the things I like about pre-season friendlies is the refereeing.  They don't get fooled so often by the 'he touched me so I'm flinging myself to the ground' routines or get the yellow card out at the drop of a hat.  I rather like the derisory waving of the hands from the refs telling the nancies to get up and carry on.

I suppose it's wishful thinking to hope that will carry on into the season proper, at all levels. 

I would agree with that and when the referee let a bad foul on one of our players go on Saturday I thought just that. However, first time one happened on a United player Buchanan was booked. Both were bookable offences, imo, but only the Derby player was yellow-carded. 

Having said that, I thought that both teams played in the right spirit and there was very little 'flinging' going on!

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Actually can’t remember that. My brain has possibly suppressed the memories of those last games for the sake of my own mental health. 

I could barely tell you a single thing that happened last season tbf. Usually if you give me a game from the previous season there's a good chance I could tell you the score. But last season? Nothing.

I think a lot of it is down to watching it on my laptop on my own and being nowhere near as invested as I would usually be. Thank goodness that's changing soon.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I would agree with that and when the referee let a bad foul on one of our players go on Saturday I thought just that. However, first time one happened on a United player Buchanan was booked. Both were bookable offences, imo, but only the Derby player was yellow-carded. 

Having said that, I thought that both teams played in the right spirit and there was very little 'flinging' going on!

Sibley was lucky to get away without a booking, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Edit: just seen DarkFruitsRams7 post and actually the heat is so extreme for this country atm that now I can't remember if Sibley was booked or not! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sibley was lucky to get away without a booking, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Edit: just seen DarkFruitsRams7 post and actually the heat is so extreme for this country atm that now I can't remember if Sibley was booked or not! ?

I included Sibley's booking in my original post and then I thought he'd only got a ticking off.

As I say, inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

The Williams tackle on Aluko in the first half, I assume you are on about. Was a nasty one, should definitely have been a yellow, from behind nowhere near the ball, almost 2 footed. 

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

B4 - Which teams in the Championship do you think will get close to selling out?

I've just looked at everyone and I'm confident that no team will go above 80% of their capacity.

You need to understand B4, a lot of people are simply too scared to go to football games now.

And a lot of people are struggling a bit financially ?

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Well I am not scared of going what so ever and people will go and life go back how it was before.

Glad to hear it B4. You may have to make a bit extra noise on behalf of those who are aren't at the stadium because they are still worried about large gatherings.

If we do start to come to terms with living with Covid as a country then I think people will gradually draft back to doing normal things but I don't think numbers will be fully back to normal for a little while yet. Hopefully it'll all still feel a lot more normal though so I hope you enjoy being back at the ground and showing the lads your support.