Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

1 hour ago, superzak said:

In my opinion anyone who attends a large gathering of people in august sept October be it sport, concert or whatever is taking an enormous gamble.

That's me knackered then. Was at Trent Bridge on Friday for England 20 20 game sure was close to a sell out - didn't see many gaps at all in the crowd.

What have I gambled on? Have already turned off my track and trace app. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

There is a big difference between being allowed to go and not wanting to go..

we won’t get 20,000 for the first home game…for a few reasons, covid, money but mainly because we are rubbish. 

Oh come we are not that bad even saturday we played well and I think we shall get over 20k easily 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's me knackered then. Was at Trent Bridge on Friday for England 20 20 game sure was close to a sell out - didn't see many gaps at all in the crowd.

What have I gambled on? Have already turned off my track and trace app. 

60 % of people being hospitalised have been double jabbed...I understand people wanting to take the risk...but I work in a hospital and dread whats coming...hope I'm wrong...stay safe mate coyr

2 minutes ago, superzak said:

60 % of people being hospitalised have been double jabbed...I understand people wanting to take the risk...but I work in a hospital and dread whats coming...hope I'm wrong...stay safe mate coyr

Yep a foolish decision by Blob ?

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh come we are not that bad even saturday we played well and I think we shall get over 20k easily 

No chance B4. Don't get your hopes up. 15 to 17 very max.

8k ST holders, of which 10% may decline. Another 6 to 8k buying match tickets. 500 away fans. Still, its a crowd, its football and I'll take it.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

8k ST holders, of which 10% may decline. Another 6 to 8k buying match tickets. 500 away fans. Still, its a crowd, its football and I'll take it.

Look once season ticket sales go up if we dont get 15k from season tickets go on sale has it brothered other clubs around uk so why should it brother us.

Salford are allowing 900 Derby fans so for me I see no reason why best part 1500 fans to pp or Derby away from home.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look once season ticket sales go up if we dont get 15k from season tickets go on sale has it brothered other clubs around uk so why should it brother us.

Salford are allowing 900 Derby fans so for me I see no reason why best part 1500 fans to pp or Derby away from home.

I think you’re missing the point B4. We’re not talking about how many the club will allow to attend, we’re talking about how many will actually want to. I’m not sure it will as low as @rammieibpredicts but no way will it be anywhere near a full house.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Is it too early for a “predict the crowd” competition for the first home game? I’d go for around 21,500.

On 18/07/2021 at 20:16, ollycutts1982 said:

Ah I thought as much reading on here after the game. He looked the best of the lot for me, wanting the ball and his first instinct was to drive forward. That will probably mean he won’t get in the team any time soon ??

I was impressed with Thompson in the U23s games I saw last season. 

I enjoyed the game and thought we looked like England for the first 20 minutes in the Euros and brought the ball out very well at a controlled and organised manner and knocked the ball around well. I think @Carl Sagan was watching the same game as me. We played well, look like we have trained well, we were set up well, and look like we are coached well.

I was annoyed at the time, watching Max Bird play with his head down, and sloppy play from him, on both occasions gifted Man Utd both of their goals. The first goal was very casual from Max and I think the second goal was even worse, where he tried to play a pass to a player that was already being closed down, and with other Man Utd players pressing, when a few simple pass options where available to him, especially giving the ball back, where it had come from, just like England were doing in the Euro's, understanding the importance of keeping possession, especially in defence, when nothing is on, at times, is so important, and something Max has to improve on and learn fast.

Simplicity is Genius Max, and those in the crowd, that choose to groan, at such, unfortunately don't understand that keeping the ball, is more important than taking unnecessary risks at certain times, within a game, especially when the ball is lost to the opposition, and the opposition score cheaply from another avoidable mistake, from our players, our team.

Max also struggled to close down, or get his body in the way, when Jesse Lingard had a free shot on target, curling it, on to the bar in the second half.

Many folk would also argue that Max should have been taken off, when the players were swapped out, but I think he needs all the practice he can get at the moment, because he's clever enough to realise, he could of and should of done better in these 3 occasions at least.

The team looks happy, playing for Wayne Rooney and the rest of the coaching staff and I'm happy with that performance and WR is now asking Mel and the club for help, to get the required players we need, for the Huddersfield fixture and beyond, and I'm right behind the club and will continue to support the mighty rams.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

I'm not going to waste my time, moaning and groaning, we will be in a superstate before we know it, last season is a blur already............lets all go into town for a spot of yoga.......to calm down!

Edited by Inverurie Ram

Sorry to bump an old thread , but im planning on going to the Real Betis game if i can get a ticket.

I was wondering if you HAVE to have a printed ticket or if its possible to do it on your phone? Mainly because i dont have a printer

4 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Sorry to bump an old thread , but im planning on going to the Real Betis game if i can get a ticket.

I was wondering if you HAVE to have a printed ticket or if its possible to do it on your phone? Mainly because i dont have a printer

Seems fairly inflexible, printed on white A4 paper. Do you know anyone with a printer or the PO or library?

"How will I receive my ticket?

All match tickets will be sent via the ‘Print at Home’ delivery method to the email address we have registered to your Fan ID. Supporters must print their tickets prior to arriving at the stadium on white A4 paper using black ink only. It is important that the ‘Print at Home’ tickets fill the full A4 page. There will be no facility for collecting tickets on matchday."

6 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Check the FAQ’s on the clubs website. It says there that you must print it off. So I guess you’ll have to find someone with a printer. 

I’ll do it for a £5.00 admin fee and £1 postage. ? Only kidding of course. I’m sure you’ll find a friend or family that can help. If not, one of us could do it for you (for free although I smell income opportunity - look out for me on Dragon’s Den).

On 19/07/2021 at 19:36, superzak said:

They are still the most vulnerable people though who,if not jabbed,would have been brown bread without the vaccinations.

Very,very few,in fact a minute number of people who have had both of their jabs are being hospitalised.

If you are in the most vulnerable groups then attending events with large numbers of people present would not be advisable in any case.