Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Some good play, better than expected but no final quality (CKR goal aside which was out of nowhere).

Aluko was good and deceiving in the middle of the pitch, but no end quality/good decision making.

Morrison - didn’t see the awe that some described his performance as.

Baldock - all effort, but didn’t have that pace and whoever described him as a Nugent, spot on.

The lad who impressed me was Hutchinson. Not afraid to get forward and take people on.

Bird - slow and ponderous. We’re worse off for him being in the team. 

We are not going to score many.

I dont know about that we created quite a few chances I throught morrison did well personal.

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He played up front when he was chucked on a couple of times at the end of last season too.

I don’t know a lot about him except one youth team game I saw. Just think he is a man now and looked a handful. Very determined and good feet. .. dunno, it was 30 minutes in a friendly but my instinct is that he is more than useful. 

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t know a lot about him except one youth team game I saw. Just think he is a man now and looked a handful. Very determined and good feet. .. dunno, it was 30 minutes in a friendly but my instinct is that he is more than useful. 

He’s always looked lively whenever I’ve seen him. Would need to see him start some first team games to properly assess though.

It’s interesting that he’s playing all over the place because it might have been difficult for him at right back with McDonald seemingly having the deputy spot nailed down.

4 hours ago, Rample said:

Pretty good for a first stretch out.  Fitness and sharpness should come, and will improve us a bit, as will returning players and more understanding.

Based purely on that, we could do worse than all trialists signing up. Jagielka was composed and even ventured into midfield, Stearman seems adequate back up. Baldock would be a useful sub/option, and Aluko looked willing at least. Ravel stood out massively, found space, linked up play, and got a few good tackles in. IF he could do it week in week out he'd be a huge positive.

Hutchinson was impressive and Forsyth actualy shepherded things really well in defence.

Buchanan, Bird and Sibley all displayed naiavity at times.

Bit out of the loop here, can I ask who Hutchinson is? Trialist or u23?

With bielik, joz, Knight to come into the squad adding to the trialists we may stand some chance of a decentish season, here's hoping 

No Duncan in the squad though, sure he was un the training camp, didn't play vs matlock the other day either

Echoing what many have already said... We played some decent stuff but there was a familiar lack of threat up front. Honourable mention for Ravel Morrison, who did a lot better than a lot expected. Are there any decent target men out there without a club? Diedhiou? Gestede? Hell, even Andy Carroll?! We relied far too much on CKR last season... he needs some help up there!

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

you said before that you estimated it was 10% in the ground that were wearing masks? I would imagine people popped them on as they were leaving the ground. I personally would have worn a mask in the concourse but wouldn't have bothered in my seat 

Apparently, every single person that attended todays game had to agree to abide by the Covid-19 Supporters Code of Conduct, which includes, amongst other things:

5. Supporters must wear a face mask, face covering or face visor (covering both their nose and mouth) at all times within the stadium and designated areas surrounding the stadium, unless consuming refreshments or medically exempt from wearing one.

Taken from:  
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-ticketing-plan-supporters-code-of-conduct

Glancing very briefly at posts in this thread, it appears that many were flouting the very rules they agreed to abide by, and DCFC don't appear to have been "policing" things too stringently?

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Thing is, you either want to go or not, no point in moaning about what others are doing, it’s your decision now.

In theory, you are right of course.

But when procedures and rules are put in place, and many (if not the majority?) flout those very rules (Having specifically agreed to obey them, in order to obtain a ticket), perhaps there is indeed a point to moan about it?  

*See my previous post above.