Jump to content

At What Point Do You Cancel Your Season Ticket?


Recommended Posts

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

Me personally, I refuse to be served up a poo sandwich. I won't be committing my money to watch a bunch of kids turn out and get turned over week in week out if we fail to invest in the playing squad. I don't think that makes me a glory supporter... but I don't think I'll have the right to complain each week if I buy a ticket knowing that the squad is under funded and left in a state. Effectively,  you know that you're getting yourself in for!

What's everyone else's considerations? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

Me personally, I refuse to be served up a poo sandwich. I won't be committing my money to watch a bunch of kids turn out and get turned over week in week out if we fail to invest in the playing squad. I don't think that makes me a glory supporter... but I don't think I'll have the right to complain each week if I buy a ticket knowing that the squad is under funded and left in a state. Effectively,  you know that you're getting yourself in for!

What's everyone else's considerations? 

I suppose at the point when I could be confident I will actually get the money back.

I dont want to cancel and I'd be happy to go and watch league 1, 2 or any football as long as Derby County are playing.

Imagine if Derby fail p&s by £499.99 and it's all down to you cancelling your season ticket of 500 quid 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

Me personally, I refuse to be served up a poo sandwich. I won't be committing my money to watch a bunch of kids turn out and get turned over week in week out if we fail to invest in the playing squad. I don't think that makes me a glory supporter... but I don't think I'll have the right to complain each week if I buy a ticket knowing that the squad is under funded and left in a state. Effectively,  you know that you're getting yourself in for!

What's everyone else's considerations? 

I would say you have even greater right to complain (or should I say moan) if you’re a paying supporter.

Same as @DCFC1388, I would only cancel due to personal circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well,I've already bought this year's by virtue of buying it last season but i spent thirty years on shifts not being able to buy one so to be honest,I'll keep on subscribing,whichever division we are in,whilst i can.

I enjoy the whole experience not just the football served up.

And if we go into league 1,at least they will be cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the majority of you would buy tickets regardless of the state of the team and ambition showed by the club? Fair play.

I just wouldn't get any enjoyment knowing we're going to get turned over every week. I'd rather wait until we were in League One and could be competitive for mid table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

So the majority of you would buy tickets regardless of the state of the team and ambition showed by the club? Fair play.

I just wouldn't get any enjoyment knowing we're going to get turned over every week. I'd rather wait until we were in League One and could be competitive for mid table.

Did you have a season ticket in the infamous 11 points season? Turned over every week but the fans were still class, plus many still renewed for the following season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Did you have a season ticket in the infamous 11 points season? Turned over every week but the fans were still class, plus many still renewed for the following season!

Well yeah... buying a season ticket during a premier league season isn't exactly a sign of loyalty though is it? 

However, buying it during a pre season where we have 10 players (?) And no sign of a takeover on sight and in the championship... That's showing loyalty. At What Point does loyalty turn to being daft? I suppose it's whatever gets you your kicks I guess.

I also feel like the only way to show Mel your displeasure though with the current situation is to vote with you feet and not give him anymore of our money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football is more than watching a game. You can do that on TV. But it’s the match day experience for me. Many a time the game is incidental but sometimes it’s all consuming. Meet your mates or go with family it’s where memories are made and if you don’t by a ticket what have you got?

 What else are you going to do on a cold Tuesday night in February?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Football is more than watching a game. You can do that on TV. But it’s the match day experience for me. Many a time the game is incidental but sometimes it’s all consuming. Meet your mates or go with family it’s where memories are made and if you don’t by a ticket what have you got?

 What else are you going to do on a cold Tuesday night in February?

Watch it on sky on the red button for free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s just how it is when you support your club. It’s doesn’t matter what is served to you, you still go back.

Football is unique like that.

I don’t live near enough to have a season ticket. But I’ll still try and go along and support my club when I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Sky is not free. It comes with a price of destroying the whole game.

You forgot to mention it’s involvement in the origins of COVID-19 and its contribution to the Global Warming crisis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would you cancel your ticket? What else is there to do on a Saturday other than go to the football, for me it’s not just about the 90 mins it’s the day around it. I know next season will be bad, probably our worst since the 11 point one, but there’s no way I’m not going to the match on a Saturday. I’m loving the Euros but can’t wait to get back to the normal match day routine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You forgot to mention it’s involvement in the origins of COVID-19 and its contribution to the Global Warming crisis.

I thought everyone knew those already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.