At What Point Do You Cancel Your Season Ticket?

Sheikh n Bake

I hope the club offers a discounted season ticket for the 3/4 of a season or other allowable proportion once restrictions on numbers are removed. 

I think there's actually something more appealing about being the underdogs everyone wants to fail. 

17 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

My guess is that concession and other none prime seating is also cheaper across all the other teams too... 

That’s a big assumption that I'm fairly confident isn't true. For example Huddersfield was flat rate £249 any seat in any stand, this year it's £249 for then cheapest seat £329 for the most expensive. I believe £342 was cheapest you could get at Pride Park last season.

Some clubs don't have much difference between the most expensive and cheapest, others have a gap of £200+

23 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

Me personally, I refuse to be served up a poo sandwich. I won't be committing my money to watch a bunch of kids turn out and get turned over week in week out if we fail to invest in the playing squad. I don't think that makes me a glory supporter... but I don't think I'll have the right to complain each week if I buy a ticket knowing that the squad is under funded and left in a state. Effectively,  you know that you're getting yourself in for!

What's everyone else's considerations? 

I would only give up buying my season ticket if I found myself sitting next to an onanist like you

I think what has been overlooked is the void that been created for a number of posters on here by not being able to attend football matches and in some of those cases how it has affected their mental health.

I know you're trying to have the debate about what point would you say that's too expensive for the product you are likely to get back in return but for a number of people that doesn't even factor into the equation as a consideration.

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think what has been overlooked is the void that been created for a number of posters on here by not being able to attend football matches and in some of those cases how it has affected their mental health.

I know you're trying to have the debate about what point would you say that's too expensive for the product you are likely to get back in return but for a number of people that doesn't even factor into the equation as a consideration.

My dad once knew a clinical psychologist and he said the best therapy most people could get was realistically a season ticket for a football club.... 

It's difficult to get an accurate reflection from this forum on when people stop buying a season ticket. We are by definition on here a somewhat self selecting group who are bothered enough to spend our time on a DCFC forum. I would therefore expect a higher proportion of more emotionally invested fans...and consequently a higher level of loyalty to keep buying.

Nearly all teams see a decline in tickets sold as they decline down the leagues. If for example Derby get relegated to League 1 how many seasons tickets would they sell. £15k? Clearly 5-10k less than the recent play off chasing seasons.

Taking COVID out of the equation If that were the case then in normal circumstances  around 20%-25% of season tickets holders would stop buying just because of lower level football.

2 hours ago, Allanthediver said:

It's difficult to get an accurate reflection from this forum on when people stop buying a season ticket. We are by definition on here a somewhat self selecting group who are bothered enough to spend our time on a DCFC forum. I would therefore expect a higher proportion of more emotionally invested fans...and consequently a higher level of loyalty to keep buying.

Nearly all teams see a decline in tickets sold as they decline down the leagues. If for example Derby get relegated to League 1 how many seasons tickets would they sell. £15k? Clearly 5-10k less than the recent play off chasing seasons.

Taking COVID out of the equation If that were the case then in normal circumstances  around 20%-25% of season tickets holders would stop buying just because of lower level football.

Good to see a sensible response other than "Id buy a season ticket no matter what".

I'm not suggesting you go support another team...