At What Point Do You Cancel Your Season Ticket?

Sheikh n Bake

4 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

Me personally, I refuse to be served up a poo sandwich. I won't be committing my money to watch a bunch of kids turn out and get turned over week in week out if we fail to invest in the playing squad. I don't think that makes me a glory supporter... but I don't think I'll have the right to complain each week if I buy a ticket knowing that the squad is under funded and left in a state. Effectively,  you know that you're getting yourself in for!

What's everyone else's considerations? 

I shall never never ever ever ever cancel like also buy mine.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Why would you cancel your ticket? What else is there to do on a Saturday other than go to the football, for me it’s not just about the 90 mins it’s the day around it. I know next season will be bad, probably our worst since the 11 point one, but there’s no way I’m not going to the match on a Saturday. I’m loving the Euros but can’t wait to get back to the normal match day routine. 

Exactly,I've missed the routine and spending time with my son (who is now at uni) and just the whole experience of it.

If i wanted to be a sheep and not a ram,i could have had an easy life following Man city or Liverpool bit i never wanted that,i wanted to follow my county's team,my team,for better or worse!

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

The post is to determine at what point you personally decide enough is enough. Currently were being expected to pay top end championship season ticket prices for a squad that wouldn't compete for promotion in League one. There must be a point where you refuse to buy one? If we got relegated twice on the bounce and the prices were £600 maybe?

I don't believe for one second that anyone would continue to buy regardless of the circumstances...

You obviously wasn't around in the early 1980's when the gumps were fluking cup wins and we were bankrupt and very nearly went out of business.

The only time I never had a ST was when my kids were toddlers and I couldn't afford one. Still went to as many games as my biscuit factory wage would allow though.

Do I detect a tiny bit of wumminess in your posts?

58 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Exactly,I've missed the routine and spending time with my son (who is now at uni) and just the whole experience of it.

If i wanted to be a sheep and not a ram,i could have had an easy life following Man city or Liverpool bit i never wanted that,i wanted to follow my county's team,my team,for better or worse!

Nrothing stopping continue doing that mate just perfect excuse for a good drinking session.

5 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Interested to hear peoples thoughts about at what point do you decide enough is enough and you cancel your season ticket? There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter...of which you're a chairman's dream!

LOL. Yeah, I'm sue the only reason fans religiously lay out for a season ticket it so they can tell people how loyal they are.

What a load of arse biscuits ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

It seems to me @Sheikh n Bake that you have almost moved away from a fair and reasonable opening question to a stage whereby you are challenging people when they declare their intention to continue to renew regardless (apart from for personal reasons). I don’t know if you’re a bit of a WUM, on some kind of evangelical mission or are simply trying to convince yourself. 

You may find it incredulous that some of us will always renew without much, if any, hesitation (and don’t really care much how the price of pies at PP compare with other grounds) but that’s just the way it is.

It's up to individuals when they want to stop funding the club for whatever reason that may be I think. The club is in an absolute dire state atm and whilst it's not as bad as it was under the 3 amigos I understand some fans want to pull the plug and say enough is enough. Personally, I'm hoping grounds will be back at capacity so I can get a season ticket and get back to enjoying my football- as others have alluded to and argued football is more than just the 90 minute game but everything that comes with it. 

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It seems to me @Sheikh n Bake that you have almost moved away from a fair and reasonable opening question to a stage whereby you are challenging people when they declare their intention to continue to renew regardless (apart from for personal reasons). I don’t know if you’re a bit of a WUM, on some kind of evangelical mission or are simply trying to convince yourself. 

You may find it incredulous that some of us will always renew without much, if any, hesitation (and don’t really care much how the price of pies at PP compare with other grounds) but that’s just the way it is.

That's what I'm thinking, otherwise why would you even start the topic? Fundamentally, the fewer people that buy season tickets, the less attractive the club is, the more money it is losing, the lower the standard of player we can acquire. It's some sort of doom mongering self fulfilling prophecy.

It's also the sign of the modern football 'fan', I do yearn for simply times - I started watching as a kid in the 80s, it was part of my life, my routine, that carried on even when I lived in Brighton (there's a club with modern fans!). It connected me with my home town, with my family, with my friends, that's what having a season ticket is all about.

All talk of investment, money, debt, that's a sideshow, for those 90 mins that's what matters, whatever crap is wearing the shirt.

I guarantee anyone that cancels their season ticket for same reason as this post topic would be the first regretting it when it comes to the season starting and seeing everyone go off to the game, even if we are "supporting the kids". 

1 hour ago, rustylee said:

Not really sure why the original poster is being called a WUM in lean times on the pitch season ticket sales and attendance drop it the same at all clubs.

Let me help you with that...

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There will always be those who say they'll fork out £500 a season because in their eyes they're the most loyal supporter

I dunno but I always thought fans bought season tickets as a cheaper way to watch more games. Feel a bit silly now I realise it's only so they can boast about being super-fans ?‍♂️