2021 / 2022 New kit

Charlie George

Rate the 21/22 Home Kit  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

My view is there is a subtle difference between sponsorship and advertising. I think sponsorship is all about brand recognition. I don’t think many (if any) people are going to see “Unibet” on a Derby shirt and think “I know, I’ll go and place a bet”. More likely, it is aimed at folk that already gamble and Unibet is now higher up the list of betting companies they’ve heard off. Advertising is a lot more dangerous as it is also designed to encourage you to go and actually place a bet.

That’s my theory and is probably total rubbish. 

I Remember my windscreen on my mini getting smashed in the late 90’s and the only company I called to replace It was Auto Windscreens, just because they sponsored the shirt. 
I can also vividly remember being in various bars and refusing to order a Labatts just because they were on Forests shirt…. Sponsorship on shirts works, if It didn’t they wouldn’t do It. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I Remember my windscreen on my mini getting smashed in the late 90’s and the only company I called to replace It was Auto Windscreens, just because they sponsored the shirt. 
I can also vividly remember being in various bars and refusing to order a Labatts just because they were on Forests shirt…. Sponsorship on shirts works, if It didn’t they wouldn’t do It. 

I agree. As I say, brand recognition. Some of us shy away from companies, however reputable they may be, simply because we haven't heard of them. I do the same on price comparison sites when renewing things like insurance. 

5 hours ago, Duracell said:

This forum hasn't been moderated sensibly for years. Living in the past mate. 

I wouldn’t say that mate. ?

Anyway, the point of my rambling in that post has been missed by all, probably because it wasn’t particularly witty but it was made in response to a typo by Tamworth Ram who wrote something about living in the post, hence the parcel, stamp, first class and express.

You know your reply is toss when you have to explain it. ?

On 06/07/2021 at 10:06, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

50 years since our first league championship win? Surely this would do as a home shirt with red numbers on the back and some sort of lettering 'League Champions 1971-72' around the Ram? All for the light blue charity away kit if that happens.

image.thumb.png.e3c20a403f5053c475baa4a5eff1bf90.png

Long sleeves please