Rams Trust: A Letter to the Club

Nuwtfly

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The "Rams Trust" sounds very impressive as an organisation purporting to represent the views of Derby County supporters. Out of interest, just how many of said supporters do they actually represent and how do they verify that number?

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/who-we-are/

They don't claim to represent the views of any Derby County supporters who are not members. You can snip all day long at their motives and aims (I don't agree with all of them) but this idea that they are the self elected voice of all Derby fans is just not the case. Interesting that this view is so widely held but yet is seldom levelled at the Supporters Club themselves - where the clue is in the title.

I see there’s an official response to the open letter https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/05/board-of-directors-response-to-open-letter

I can’t put my finger on why I don’t believe a word Stephen Pearce says and I wish I could. It’s just a gut feeling that’s served me well at various times throughout my life, a slippery detector if you will.

I appreciate that due to confidentiality clauses and not wishing to air our dirty laundry  in the public domain has has to be a bit vague but I think that statement is a load of lip service guff. 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Which fraud are you referring to here, the sheikh or Alonso ?

I mean I think it could arguably applied to both but I was really referring to Alonso. He screamed charlatan from day 1 and the fact Mel and serious people involved at Derby let it get that far is terrifying. 

So what did you buy from him?

A used car, A bridge in Brooklyn, A Fake diamond.

No you did not "buy" anything

The facts are he blew £150 million of his own cash trying to get Derby County  back into the Premiership.

Self entitled youngsters like yourself make me despair, he tried, he blew a fortune trying, and all he gets is snide comments from supporters who believe that they are entitled to tremendous success from the club as long as someone else plays for it.

10 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Would be interesting to gauge the reaction of those who sent the letter to the club. @therams69 and @HuddersRam are you happy with the response the club has provided? This isn't an inflammatory question but just one born out of curiosity. Hopefully it has helped to ease your concerns.

I'm definitely the least qualified to speak on it, but I'm at least glad there has been some level of communication from the club at least - I even voted for the 'there will be no reply' option in the follow up poll. The club have shot themselves in the foot because it's so noticeable that they are so quiet in comparison to previous years. When things were at their height on the field, communication was constant. I understand why it hasn't been of late, but at the same time, there's something really disappointing about learning every gritty detail of the club from the Daily Mail's reporter in the north east, or from a token Pearce appearance on TalkSport because he is likely prepped the questions in advance. So the fact the club have addressed a few things is at least a positive.

And yeah, as a couple of people including @Leeds Ramhave alluded to, the fact our current board were willing to put us into the hands of a fella who screamed chancer and didn't have a shred of legitimacy about him, is why this whole lack of communication thing has spiralled. But hey, anything is a bonus right now I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

The facts are he blew £150 million of his own cash trying to get Derby County  back into the Premiership.

Self entitled youngsters like yourself make me despair, he tried, he blew a fortune trying, and all he gets is snide comments from supporters who believe that they are entitled to tremendous success from the club as long as someone else plays for it.

Not sure if you're referring to me? 

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

Who are you talking to?

Tag users by using @David for example.

I’m clearly on another planet; I read the club’s statement & yeah,  it says what it can, but clearly there’s not much detail they can share at the minute, but I instantly felt a bit more connected again. The line about the lost £20m due to the pandemic really struck me. My daughter & I both said as soon as we read it that we’ll buy the new shirt as soon as it’s out! 

I grew up near the Baseball Ground & could hear the crowd from our house. The club is in my blood & always will be so I’ll always do what I can to support its future as it’s our future too ? 

14 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

If he blew £150m of his own cash and left us in a similar financial and footballing state (squad!) as when he bought us then everyone would be saying 'tough luck Mel'. But he's trying to leave us up poo creek without a paddle...

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he's trying to leave us up poo creek without a paddle...

If that was the case, all he needs to do is simply walk away. The club would automatically enter Administration (at best) or be wound up.

So no, I don't think that is what he is trying to do (the word implies intention) - but without a genuine buyer, that's where we are, one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So no, I don't think that is what he is trying to do (the word implies intention) - but without a genuine buyer, that's where we are, one way or the other.

The Sheik and Erik shows how hard he's trying not to!

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Sheik and Erik shows how hard he's trying not to!

Perhaps 'wishful thinking' was involved, i.e. Mel really wanted them to be genuine candidates for a takeover, and his judgement was somewhat clouded by those thoughts.

Coming soon:

Mel sells to a consortium of 419 Nigerian princes, wonders why his bank account is now empty.

Edited by Eddie

On 20/05/2021 at 11:08, RoyMac5 said:

To be sure you could easily join one of the supporters groups?

I'm not a member of Ramstrust or a poet, but I'm glad to see that their letter has encouraged the Club to re-engage with it's supporters. I'm sure (lol, not really) all Derby fans are encouraged by the communication, as it seems very positive.

Tbf I was a RamsTrust member for a good few years, back in the bad old days lol.... 

Thats why I put it as I know, on occasion, personal opinions were put forward as the wider group.