Rams Trust: A Letter to the Club

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The thing is though ultimately those fans didn’t trust Mel enough did they.

I find that very wrong after all he has done for Derby County 

Got to come across as trustworthy mate. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Please do not post the full statement, as this fringes copyright laws. 

1 hour ago, David said:

We just ask for a snippet to be posted, and a link to the source. Be it the DET, Athletic or Club Website. It’s all in the forum guidelines, I’m confused as to why this is even an issue. 

we were told it was copywrite reasons

1 hour ago, Philmycock said:

As a season ticket holder for 36 years, please my I be excused from joining a group? Am I allowed to just be a fan? Can I have my own voice? ?

Of course, you are an adult and make your own decisions. This is exactly why it was suggested that the club go on Radio Derby so season ticket holders like you with 36 years can call up and have your own voice. We all know Radio Derby have sportscene on a Monday evening and its for this exact reason. A great platform for the club to do a Q & A with fans who dont have anyone to go through or just prefer to be their own voice.

55 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

As a season ticket holder for 36 years, please my I be excused from joining a group? Am I allowed to just be a fan? Can I have my own voice? ?

Well, you can't have it both ways - if you want the supporters group to consult you before they write a letter I also think you need to make sure Rams Trust, Club 84, Owen Bradley, Punjabi Rams, Barry in Row 23 Seat 45 of the North Stand and the Heanor group of the Supporters Club to approve that voice before you say anything that might be construed as a view. Hope you understand....

(I'm joking btw - couple of smilie emojis just to reiterate the point!) ??

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Of course, you are an adult and make your own decisions. This is exactly why it was suggested that the club go on Radio Derby so season ticket holders like you with 36 years can call up and have your own voice. We all know Radio Derby have sportscene on a Monday evening and its for this exact reason. A great platform for the club to do a Q & A with fans who dont have anyone to go through or just prefer to be their own voice.

I presume you are not a member of Ramstrust  Nick?

17 minutes ago, Spanish said:

we were told it was copywrite reasons

Copyright Content

When sharing news stories/articles from other websites for discussion on the forum, please do not paste the full story/article, only an excerpt with a link to the original story/article.

As per the "terms of use" at the bottom of the page.

Also this link;

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Copyright Content

When sharing news stories/articles from other websites for discussion on the forum, please do not paste the full story/article, only an excerpt with a link to the original story/article.

As per the "terms of use" at the bottom of the page.

Also this link;

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

Also cause it’s bloody annoying scrolling past ten people quoting HUGE articles. 

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I presume you are not a member of Ramstrust  Nick?

No I am not Spanish. I have alot of time for Jim and will never criticise any fan for getting involved or trying to make a difference. I have always had someone at the club to go through myself with regards to campaigns or whatever so dont necessarily feel the need to be part of the group, that being said I have been asked to join and maybe what I get involved with can be interlined...

11 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Well, you can't have it both ways - if you want the supporters group to consult you before they write a letter I also think you need to make sure Rams Trust, Club 84, Owen Bradley, Punjabi Rams, Barry in Row 23 Seat 45 of the North Stand and the Heanor group of the Supporters Club to approve that voice before you say anything that might be construed as a view. Hope you understand....

(I'm joking btw - couple of smilie emojis just to reiterate the point!) ??

Whoa!  What the... 

Row 23?  Numbered rows?  Are you sure?  Have you ever even been?  LETTERS man... LETTERED ROWS!  Jeez!  

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

The content of the letter was provided, not the final draft.  For me, the important thing was the content, not how the letter looked.  There wasn't time to canvass opinion from all members so branch committees made the decision on their member's behalf, which is what they are elected to do.

Thanks Notts for the insight, a couple of the guys who weren't happy about the letter are also in the same branch as me.

i have contacted the Chairperson who said exactly the same as you have.

We will have to agree to disagree re the content.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I do trust Mel even though he has made mistakes as we all do. 

Every man and his dog is piling in on Derby County at the moment 

Yeah, so the letter's reply should help them feel more confident about the situation and help ignore 'the pilers' on'!

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, so the letter's reply should help them feel more confident about the situation and help ignore 'the pilers' on'!

No it’s just brought everything to the forefront and now the media are having a field day. 

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Or maybe copywrong, for some of our estemed posters ?

haha

only right/write it once every 10 years or so and always get it wrong.  Not sure who the estemed, esteemed, esteamed (this one is better) are though