Come on you Foxes!

Brammie Steve

Look what going into administration can do for you! There will always be a DCFC and one day that’ll be us at Wembley, just hope I’m still alive to see it ?

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

WHAT! It was clearly offside and should have been easily called by the linesman. That's what VAR causes, officials don't make the decision.

Apparently Chelsea broke with tradition and didn't have FA Cup suits made.

Clearly offside. A magnifying glass on a gnats baalock. Footballs finished

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah can understand that. But it was Hobsons Choice, Chelsea are that too. I still remember them being a little nobody London club coming up and trashing our ground!

I can remember that too. However I can also remember when they were a big side in the early 70s. There are also many on here who state that our win against them in the League Cup under Clough was when we arrived as a team.

I can’t stand Leicester, mostly because of the early to mid 90s and Steve Walsh. I always used to console myself that they were tinpot compared to us, but not anymore. Fair play to them. A club run properly from top to bottom - take not Mel Morris. I’m so jealous of what they’ve achieved. Will we ever do what they have done again - it’s a million miles away as it stands. That makes it even worse. Through gritted teeth - well done. 

Fair play to Leicester.  They’re a really well run club from top to bottom.  Some of my mates are Leicester fans and there’s a real connection between the owners and the fans.  It’s also nice to see different name on the trophy.

It was good to see fans in there celebrating too.  That’s what it’s all about and what we’re all missing.

Couldn’t care less about Leicester really but just very jealous.

There is absolutely no reason we or any other similar club couldn’t do what they have. A mid sized club just like us who are a model to everybody else over the last decade on how to run a club of that size. 

We should have got promoted the year they did. 

I was pleased when Leicester won the title. Football needed it, gave everyone hope. But want this poo to stop now. Thankfully my wife hates football but all her family and friends are Leicester. Only thing that would be worse is Forest or Leeds having similar success and I think we’ll be suffering Leeds success again imminently.

Leicester were the first football team to make me cry. 1994! bar stewards!  Brilliant owners but can’t escape the fact they got lucky both getting their owners and breaking FFP and getting away with it.

Cant believe I was supporting Chelski today, hate everything they stand for but love Mason Mount and was gutted for him, denied by a world class save. 

The only positive that I can take from Leicester winning today is that they brought Big Wes on for the last 10 minutes so he could win a Cup winners medal to put along side his Premier League winners medal. That is bound to cause the “one eyes” on LTLF heads to explode as most of them reckoned he wasn’t good enough for Forest when they sold him to Leicester 9 years ago. Every cloud and all that........?

5 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

The only positive that I can take from Leicester winning today is that they brought Big Wes on for the last 10 minutes so he could win a Cup winners medal to put along side his Premier League winners medal. That is bound to cause the “one eyes” on LTLF heads to explode as most of them reckoned he wasn’t good enough for Forest when they sold him to Leicester 9 years ago. Every cloud and all that........?

They were right.  Peschisolido rang him him ragged in the 4-2 and he was about 34.  When Leicester won the title he spent 9 months hugging strikers with Huth and would get 3 or 4 red cards in the current game .  Absolute donkey.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

12 minutes ago, enachops said:

I’m so jealous of what they’ve achieved. Will we ever do what they have done again - it’s a million miles away as it stands. That makes it even worse. Through gritted teeth - well done. 

We will never play in the champs league, win the league or get to an FA Cup final. They’ve rolled the dice, had a bit of luck but crucially done it at the right time when the money has rolled into the premier league and completely re-set the football order. I honestly don’t think we’ll get back in the premier league and if we do 4th bottom is our best hope. It’s gutting. 

But to be honest this season has completely re-set my expectations. I just want a football club to support going forward.

I don’t mind Leicester, I worked in the city during the premier league title and finding King Richard in the same year and I’ve never seen anything like it, the city was just buzzing for a solid 12 months, it’s a happy memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

That being said, it breaks my heart to see how well they are run and how far they have come, leapfrogging us because of switched on owners, phenomenal recruitment (pay attention Mel!!) and a solid business plan. 

It could have been us, how far we have fallen.  

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Just shows what you can do when you shaft the local businsses and get bought by a multi-billionaire. I live in in Leicestershire and they're so far up themselves, it's painful. Now they'll just be totally insufferable. Not the result I wanted.

Yep I’m with you Phoenix, going to school and college in N.W.Leics, half my mates were Foxes, along with pub regulars they’ve been insufferable since Walsh did us, over bearing since Tinkerman won the league, now this! I’m steering clear of my usual local next week. Gutted for Mason too, he connected so well with that volley only for Blobby to be right behind it; I’m not in the slightest bitter and twisted ?

I live in Leicestershire and have always looked upon Leicester City as a team to be tolerated fairly amicably. LCFC did send their best wishes when I was bowling for Leicestershire (Tenpin) in the county championship many years ago, so that's nice.  They despise Forest almost as much as we do, so I tend to apply the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy.

Of course, now they are good, so they'll probably be intolerable.

Edited by Eddie

Wanted Leicester to win. I have no ill feeling towards them except when they play us. I was happy for them winning the league too, as it showed what was possible. The daft BBC interviewer at the end annoyed me, asking all the Leicester people "do you think this is the start of something special at Leicester". I think Tielemans put her straight and said "No. It started when we won the league". Everyone still seemed to think Leicester were underdogs when they're above Chelsea and third in the table.

If Chelsea were going to win, I'd have liked Mason to have been the one to do it. He was Chelsea's most dangerous player, but not in the game enough. But what a save from him by Schmeichel at the end. And very poor not to start Chilwell and bizarre playing Werner and not Abraham, and not even putting Abraham on the bench.