Come on you Foxes!

Brammie Steve

If we're in the same league as Leicester I hate them, mainly because the always beat us.

Generally I support them in the way I'd support any team going up against the big 6. Happy they won today, not bothered enough about them to won't them to lose.

Even before he scored I said to Mrs B that I wished we had a player like Tielamans at Derby. His crosses put me in mind of Alan Hinton.

Watching Casper Schmeichel I thought of Jim Montgomery, as did the commentator.

I spotted Chelsea's offside before VAR confirmed it but it was Sooooo close!

An East Mids club winning the FA Cup?

Rams in '46,

Gumps in '59 (and 1898 beating Rams 3-0!)

Not a common phenomenon!

It is nice to see someone new at the top. Like even after 100+ years of football, there are still firsts to be seen and record to be broken.

Even Man City winning stuff, they seem like a Nuevo Riche club, but they have a distant history of winning stuff. Chelsea the same. If Derby ever won the fa cup again, commentators would say it’s the first time since 1946. It’s a rare thing to see a club with no history at all create their history in front of your eyes. These are the years that Leicester fans in 100 years time will be talking about, singing ‘Jamie Vardy’s watching’.

It makes me realise though, that until now, Leicester have really been the most ‘meh’ of all ‘meh’ clubs, dancing in the street at their one league cup success under MON, (they actually built a statue to commemorate that) until the last 5 years. 

I like it though, it really does give all other clubs hope. The premier league win was a bit of a once in a generation fluke, so that actually destroys hope for other clubs I think, cos something like that is unlikely to happen again in our lifetimes, so because it happened to Leicester, it won’t happen to anyone else. But the fact that they’ve established themselves in and around the top 4, through good scouting, good management and good ownership, gives hope that other clubs can come from nowhere and dine at the top table with the elite clubs. I think Leicester are definitely established in that group now, and if they challenge for another premier league title in the coming years, it won’t be a fluke, it will be because that’s the level that they’re at now. 

The freak league title helped get them to that level, but I think the good work behind the scenes would have got them there anyway. I’m so jealous that they were able to find players like Vardy, Kante, and Mahrez, and pick up managers like Rainieri and then Rodgers. If they can get players like that, anyone can, so why can’t we?!??

I'm really pleased for Leicester play some great football, got some brilliant players and a great manager in Brendan Rodgers, after Derby they've been my favourite team to play and hate Chelsea so perfect result for me. Great for the East Midlands to. It shows the smaller clubs can still win big trophies. Wouldn't it be great if our club was run like Leicester? 

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

I'm really pleased for Leicester play some great football, got some brilliant players and a great manager in Brendan Rodgers, after Derby they've been my favourite team to play and hate Chelsea so perfect result for me. Great for the East Midlands to. It shows the smaller clubs can still win big trophies. Wouldn't it be great if our club was run like Leicester? 

It's happened before, it can happen again,

We may not know how and we may not know when

Five decades ago glory came to my team

For five or more years we were up with the cream!

In two of those years we were top of the pile,

First by a whisker and then by a mile

Beating Benfica and both Madrid teams

Looking back now, how unreal it all seems!

And so all we seventies fans of the Rams

Now say to you young 'uns just out of your prams

Don't get downhearted, don't let sorrow fester

Miracles happen still, just look at Leicester!

Edited by Brammie Steve

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume every club that's been bad mouthing us for months is celebrating a club winning the FA cup who absolutely ravaged FFP on their way to promotion only three years after leaving local suppliers in wreckage by going into admin. 

Short memories

I know what you mean,  but doesnt that prove FFP isnt and never was fit for purpose

FFP is supposed to protect clubs from going out of business yet had FFP restricted Leicester they may have been in our shoes today not enjoying the riches of the premier league.

FFP should stop you borrowing, if you have rich owners like leicester, and us to a degree, you should be able to spend what you want provided the owners are happy to cover the costs

6 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

It's happened before, it can happen again,

We may not know how and we may not know when

Five decades ago glory came to my team

For five or more years we were up with the cream!

In two of those years we were top of the pile,

First by a whisker and then by a mile

Beating Benfica and both Madrid teams

Looking back now, how unreal it all seems!

And so all we seventies fans of the Rams

Now say to you young 'uns just out of your prams

Don't get downhearted, don't let sorrow fester

Miracles happen still, just look at Leicester!

I've supported Derby since 1971 and seen some great times and bad but what we are going through now is the worst I've ever seen as a Derby fan, I have become more disillusioned with the club. Another season like last season and I believe my love for the club will just cease to exist and I will probably end up watching local non league football. 

1 minute ago, GlastoEls said:

Off the top of my head, clubs who have made the League Cup or FA Cup finals in the last decade or so:

Leicester, Birmingham, Southampton, Millwall, Swansea, Bradford, Cardiff, Wigan, Crystal Palace…

Maybe one day.

And Fulham made the europa league final. Middlesborough had a pretty good run in the europa league as well.

Leicester have done so well and personally I don’t care how they won promotion. They could easily have dropped straight back down, but they didn’t. They managed to survive, learned from it and improved over time to exceed everyone’s expectations. 

The owners have done an absolutely outstanding job in my opinion and seem to very nice people too. 

I say well done to them. 

5 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

I know what you mean,  but doesnt that prove FFP isnt and never was fit for purpose

FFP is supposed to protect clubs from going out of business yet had FFP restricted Leicester they may have been in our shoes today not enjoying the riches of the premier league.

FFP should stop you borrowing, if you have rich owners like leicester, and us to a degree, you should be able to spend what you want provided the owners are happy to cover the costs

Yep, been saying this for 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yep, been saying this for 3 years.

Income is variable, costs tend to take longer to control.  I know it is unlikely but just say an owner spunked loads of cash but then lost interest or something similar.  The club would probably crash and burn the next season.  Like I say highly unlikely?