Come on you Foxes!

Brammie Steve

19 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

What about in 2007?

I mean, it’s another reason to say ‘well done’ you went from league 1 to champions in about 8 years, and fa cup winners 5 years later. But you definitely weren’t the top team in the East Midlands at that time. 

I lived in Leicester for a good chunk of my life from 2000 to 2013 and barely registered that Leicester city existed. 

Yes because in Derby everyone wears Derby shirts everyday of the week and everywhere you go there are Derby flags hanging out of people houses. Get real, you’re trying so hard to pretend Leicester are some small club and Derby county are on Man Utd scale of support. You struggle to take 1500 to Leicester most years in the championship. Derby the city and the club are completely forgettable. I genuinely couldn’t tell you anything about Derby in terms of fame. Is there anyone famous from Derby ? Proper nothing City stuck in between two big city in Leicester and Nottingham. 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterchampions said:

Yes because in Derby everyone wears Derby shirts everyday of the week and everywhere you go there are Derby flags hanging out of people houses. Get real, you’re trying so hard to pretend Leicester are some small club and Derby county are on Man Utd scale of support. You struggle to take 1500 to Leicester most years in the championship. Derby the city and the club are completely forgettable. I genuinely couldn’t tell you anything about Derby in terms of fame. Is there anyone famous from Derby ? Proper nothing City stuck in between two big city in Leicester and Nottingham. 

Are you still here. Can you not go and bore the Forest forum for a bit.

Leicester City? Meh. Not interested really, but nothing against them since I forgave Robbie Savage for diving like a bitch in the late 90's. Turns out they have at least one clinically insane supporter though. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterchampions said:

You’re really trying to start an argument where there isn’t one. You’re not wrong. Derby doesn’t have a lot going for it that anyone other than the locals would care about. But nor does Leicester. We could both list off a bunch of ‘famous’ or historical people, but very few would actually be particularly well know beyond the borders of our own cities. There’s a lot of small cities in the UK like this  the East Midlands itself is fairly unremarkable. They had to call East Midlands airport Nottingham East Midlands despite it being in Leicestershire with a Derbyshire post code. Nottingham is probably the only place of note in the East Midlands (I’ve accepted this through gritted teeth).

ive not made any claims about fan base etc. All I’m saying is that the vast majority of Leicester City’s history and heritage has been largely unremarkable. I never saw Derby County’s hey day, it may never come around again, it’s actually quite exciting to see an East Midlands club, one I actually have a soft spot for, have it’s hey day right now, and I can bare witness to it.

my grandkids will ask me about when Leicester won the league, and I’ll be able to say I was there, and it was exciting to watch.

but (and this where the compliment becomes double edged), I do believe that will come from the same perspective as when I ask my dad about when Derby won the league. As in, it will all be a bit of a distant memory.

actually, my dad comes from Reading, so he doesn’t really care much about Derby’s exploits. But reading, now that’s a ‘meh’ club of ever I saw one.

23 minutes ago, Leicesterchampions said:

Yes because in Derby everyone wears Derby shirts everyday of the week and everywhere you go there are Derby flags hanging out of people houses

Yes, actually. Derby is famously a one club, one sport team. If you’re from Derby, you support Derby county. It’s as simple as that really. 

In Leicester, you’ve got a few more things going on besides football (as evidenced by your status to your sporting achievements), so it’s not always been that simple. 

Im sure, since the title win, you’ve got fans coming out the woodwork. But it’s not been that way forever. 

42 minutes ago, Leicesterchampions said:

Derby and Derbyshire have some very famous people but i guess unless you come from here you wouldnt really know, in fairness the only person i can think of who is famous from Leicester is Gary Lineker, im sure there are more i just dont know, like you dont know who comes from around here.

Agree Derby is nothing to write home about but neither is Leicester. Nottingham City beats both hands down. When it comes to the counties though Derbyshire is far superior in my opinion than both Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. Derbyshire is stunning in parts where Notts and Leics are quite boring in comparision.

Edited by MrPlinkett

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, actually. Derby is famously a one club, one sport team. If you’re from Derby, you support Derby county. It’s as simple as that really. 

In Leicester, you’ve got a few more things going on besides football (as evidenced by your status to your sporting achievements), so it’s not always been that simple. 

Im sure, since the title win, you’ve got fans coming out the woodwork. But it’s not been that way forever. 

Yet Leicester and Derby attendances have always been similar and Leicester all time home attendances is higher then Derby’s. I don’t get why you’re acting like Derby have a big fan base when they clearly struggle to take more then 800 away fans midweek.