Yankee Doodle Derby

1 hour ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

nothing will happen and we will be left scraping the bottom of the barrel again on transfer deadline day. 

Think it’s just under 6 weeks until the season starts..... that’s absolutely plenty of time for the EFL to set the punishment, a takeover to be started and completed, accounts to be submitted and approved, embargo to be lifted, players to be signed and bedded in with the rest of the squad...... isn’t it???

Not sure this idea of Leonsis AND Avison AND Horton rings true. Perhaps Horton as the party to put the roof on PP but why would two American billionaires join forces to buy DCFC? 

That said, the idea of either (or both) would be exciting. Despite the debts they would be getting the club at a low price. You could see Mel selling for £1 just to get out. If they believe they can generate money using the ground the current issues would be insignificant. The lowest the wage bill has been in 10 years probably. 

After weeks of nothing, now lots of rumours about the EFL punishment doing the rounds which leads me to suspect that the club already know the outcome and conversations are ongoing, possibly along the lines of takeover almost complete, can we announce it all together in a massive corner flag day.

23 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Think it’s just under 6 weeks until the season starts..... that’s absolutely plenty of time for the EFL to set the punishment, a takeover to be started and completed, accounts to be submitted and approved, embargo to be lifted, players to be signed and bedded in with the rest of the squad...... isn’t it???

I think it's too much time to be honest....

12 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Not sure this idea of Leonsis AND Avison AND Horton rings true. Perhaps Horton as the party to put the roof on PP but why would two American billionaires join forces to buy DCFC? 

That said, the idea of either (or both) would be exciting. Despite the debts they would be getting the club at a low price. You could see Mel selling for £1 just to get out. If they believe they can generate money using the ground the current issues would be insignificant. The lowest the wage bill has been in 10 years probably. 

After weeks of nothing, now lots of rumours about the EFL punishment doing the rounds which leads me to suspect that the club already know the outcome and conversations are ongoing, possibly along the lines of takeover almost complete, can we announce it all together in a massive corner flag day.

Won't be long before Horton hears a boo. 

19 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Besides the fact I believe the story lacks credibility the possibilty of multiple investors is not a strange one. QPR had it with Fernandes and Briatore, Liverpool with Gillett and Hicks, even on Dragons Den they will halve the investment for various reasons (normally followed by a pun from Evan Davis that even this board would cringe at). Sad truth is that while it is possible, it seldom ends well.

5 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Besides the fact I believe the story lacks credibility the possibilty of multiple investors is not a strange one. QPR had it with Fernandes and Briatore, Liverpool with Gillett and Hicks, even on Dragons Den they will halve the investment for various reasons (normally followed by a pun from Evan Davis that even this board would cringe at). Sad truth is that while it is possible, it seldom ends well.

Would definitely take their combined billions. Pride Park becomes Carnival Park, a land-locked county's premier team shirts sponsored by P&O, pre-season tours around Washington. It can't be any worse than the uncertainty we have at present. They would be wanting to make money and to do that DCFC would need to be successful.

On 22/06/2021 at 05:42, RammingStone66 said:

The Mikey Arison one would be interesting. He employes a high end set of executives for the Miami Heat, a top coach and he spends to make sure that the Heat are perennial contenders in the NBA. He is generally considered a good owner who isn't stingy, got the best player on the planet to join his team and won a few championships over the years too.

Would be interesting to see if his strategy would be the same for us.

As someone who has followed the Miami Heat for about 15+ years, I will agree with some of this. He is a good owner, and he certainly tries to attract big names to the franchise, but he certainly doesn't do it himself. Pat Riley is the man they rely on to attract the big stars, and this is helped by the Miami location and tax breaks, etc. Riley was the one who got Lebron in, for instance, along with with D Wade's help. Miami have also had a number of lean years, never the worst team but certainly outside of a real chance at the playoffs. Even least season, when they reached the finals, was seen as fortunate as they seemed to be the team that adjusted the bubble the best.

All this doesn't mean that Arison wouldn't be a good owner. He does like to employ competent, ambitious people. He backs them to make a big splash. He expects results but has a sense of realism too so wont be trigger happy. Should give any manager/coaching team time to put their plans in place.

22 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Certainly can’t afford them at the minute! Was meant more as the opposite to a trigger happy owner

how likely is this? is it pie in the sky or is there any substance to this?

Edited by Woodley Ram
should not multi task

Don’t believe the Aronis and ted Leonis link tbh. With there kind of money 40 million debt worth wouldn’t need to be discussed over weeks as let’s face it the debt is what it would take to buy most championship clubs these days as you would at least expect to pay around 40m to buy an average championship clubs these days. Our wage bill is 14 mil could be even lower with the out of contract players going. We are either dealing with people from America with low wealth or people who don’t want to spend much money is my guess. I might be wrong just my hunch.