Yankee Doodle Derby

48 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Don’t believe the Aronis and ted Leonis link tbh. With there kind of money 40 million debt worth wouldn’t need to be discussed over weeks as let’s face it the debt is what it would take to buy most championship clubs these days as you would at least expect to pay around 40m to buy an average championship clubs these days. Our wage bill is 14 mil could be even lower with the out of contract players going. We are either dealing with people from America with low wealth or people who don’t want to spend much money is my guess. I might be wrong just my hunch. 

Any multi million pound deal is not going to take a few days to complete.  Especially something as complicated as a football club in our current position. There is nothing you can garner from the length of time a deal is taking

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Don’t believe the Aronis and ted Leonis link tbh. With there kind of money 40 million debt worth wouldn’t need to be discussed over weeks as let’s face it the debt is what it would take to buy most championship clubs these days as you would at least expect to pay around 40m to buy an average championship clubs these days. Our wage bill is 14 mil could be even lower with the out of contract players going. We are either dealing with people from America with low wealth or people who don’t want to spend much money is my guess. I might be wrong just my hunch. 

It’s not that simple though. I don’t care how much money you’ve got, buying an asset that is £40million in debt is a red flag and needs careful consideration. This wasn’t a one off expense, which could be paid off and start fresh. This club is in a financially bad place and a careful plan needs to be put in place. I’ll be glad if we’ve got people possibly buying us who are taking their time and drawing a plan to run us sensibly, instead of a buy now, fix later problem.