Yankee Doodle Derby

Apart from a single twitter gossip source, do we actually know a takeover is underway? 

I get the need for NDAs and keeping this one quiet - I like that way of conducting business, as long as we are actually conducting business.....

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

In his mid 40s, and lives in a reasonably modest 4 bed house in Oakwood. Doesn't strike me as a potential owner. He will just be the lawyer fronting a deal I suspect

Might not even be that guy either, that's the only thing Google bought up

31 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Now I'm not totally sure on what this means, but a quick google tells me he is a barrister?

I think this might be a red herring. Derby County Limited was formed in 2015 according to companies House and was a dormant company for years. Just happened to be this person was put in control of the dormant company today. 

Just gone on CH again - maybe not actually.... Looks like it's had a lot of changes this month. 

Edited by alexxxxx

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Newly formed company? Erm.... 

Screenshot_20210614_120147_com.android.chrome.jpg

Its this kind of basic stuff that makes me not believe a lot that KM says. 

From what I can tell this company has never done anything. 

All three directors are just directors of Derby county limited and k Stevenson limited, both dormant companies. 

Registered office is just a standard registered office service to cloak the real location.

Other companies at this address include 'BT telecom limited' which was formed in 2020...

Edited by alexxxxx

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In terms of a new owner, we are in a decent position for them to take over with such a low wage bill compared to previous years plus unlike the past 2 that fell through we know we have Champ football for next season.

How many clubs, when being purchased, have 14 first team players, 1 of which has an ACL injury and the another has ongoing issues which has written off the best part of 2 years of football.

They are going to need to chuck a few quid at it to get us competitive.

4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I think this might be a red herring. Derby County Limited was formed in 2015 according to companies House and was a dormant company for years. Just happened to be this person was put in control of the dormant company today. 

Just gone on CH again - maybe not actually.... Looks like it's had a lot of changes this month. 

It's been restored having been previously dissolved so is effectively a new company from 4th June. 

Looks like a SPAV to me (special purpose acquisition vehicle). 

Directors look like a father and son duo with a third lady. 

Now, can anyone connect the stevensons with any interesting investors? 

19 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's been restored having been previously dissolved so is effectively a new company from 4th June. 

Looks like a SPAV to me (special purpose acquisition vehicle). 

Directors look like a father and son duo with a third lady. 

Now, can anyone connect the stevensons with any interesting investors? 

But from what I can tell the guys been on the books there for 6 years?? 

So surely that would mean that they were interested since then? 

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Maybe Mel used him in his corporate transaction to buy dcfc from the yanks and he's being resurrected. 

Or maybe some random simply registered the company name years ago just because they could.

There's nothing the link this to the football club at all.

I could register a company call Derby County 1884 Limited tomorrow if I so wished, means nowt.