Yankee Doodle Derby

On 14/06/2021 at 16:38, DCFC1388 said:

In terms of a new owner, we are in a decent position for them to take over with such a low wage bill compared to previous years plus unlike the past 2 that fell through we know we have Champ football for next season.

There is a downside in that we have a low wage bill.  We lack quality and numbers all of which will need to be paid for

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

There is a downside in that we have a low wage bill.  We lack quality and numbers all of which will need to be paid for

Yeah I get that but any new owner is starting from a low wage bill, will know what they have in mind for a wage bill so can bring players in accordingly. The alternative is a high wage bill and have to hope you can slash it massively to fall in line with their own budget as well as helping Rooney fund a team he wants.

On 14/06/2021 at 15:51, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How many clubs, when being purchased, have 14 first team players, 1 of which has an ACL injury and the another has ongoing issues which has written off the best part of 2 years of football.

They are going to need to chuck a few quid at it to get us competitive.

How many Championship clubs have a wage bill as low as ours in relation to (non-covid) revenue?

Hint: none

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why is so laugh able guys he has shown he can cope at premiership level and still young enough to get even better with better players.

You are probably nearer the mark in a couple more years especially if he continues to play in the premiership and his defending improves.

10 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

income should be for the 21/22 season in the championship about £28 million split £8 million attendance, £8 million TV money, £8 million corporate, £4 million player sales.

How do you reach those figures (barring in mind the 'free' STs?

17/18 was:
Match receipts = £9.1m
TV = £8.1m
Commercial = £4m
Sponsorship = £5m
Other = £3m

Total of £29.6m (not including player sales), and sponsorship income would have increased with the arrival of Frank and then Rooney.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it is. Deadline 30th June.

Is it fair to say this is a positive? 

If money was so tight I'd imagine they would wait for a takeover to be done before filling positions and certainly cant imagine they would create new positions. You would think Mel would take any saving he could get.

On 16/06/2021 at 07:16, Spanish said:

A clear opportunity for some enterprising person with wads of dosh to invest in us abd create the dream

Since other thread gone does anyone here have any info regards the American, Miami heat+leonsis twitter rumours.

Very quiet at the moment in the press and from the club official lines so I'm clinging to the hope they are desperate to keep a deal quiet.

The topklobber guy on twitter doesn't have a history of wind ups or rumour posts seems a decent bloke (dont know him personally) so he has a few people, like me, clinging on to his tweet.

36 minutes ago, KBB said:

Since other thread gone does anyone here have any info regards the American, Miami heat+leonsis twitter rumours.

Very quiet at the moment in the press and from the club official lines so I'm clinging to the hope they are desperate to keep a deal quiet.

The topklobber guy on twitter doesn't have a history of wind ups or rumour posts seems a decent bloke (dont know him personally) so he has a few people, like me, clinging on to his tweet.

There has to be some truth in it.  Ted Leonsis has been mentioned lots, he likes owning stadiums that can double as performance venues so maybe he sees Pride Park as a latest edition to his portfolio, who knows.

Mike Horton is a fair shout too. I've read more than one person suggesting a local businessman had joined forces with an American consortium, so this ties in with that.

The one I find strange is this Mickey Arison bloke, multi-billionaire, could easily buy out Man United, Liverpool etc and here he is linked with us. Although, his name is so far fetched, who knows.

I’m inclined to think that if serious buyers were in the process of buying Derby then they would be professional enough to keep their business activities quiet until everything had been concluded.

The problem with “No News” is that it is neither good or bad, it’s simply neutral, hence the comfort I take from the first sentence in this post?