Yankee Doodle Derby

On 28/06/2021 at 14:26, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We're in constant cycle of nonsense until the EFL put a stop to it. A takeover likely wont happen until the inevitable appeal from the EFL is concluded. Nobody with a fully functional head would buy a football club at this point not knowing which division it will be in. You'd have to have rocks for brains to buy us unless the EFL actually turn around and say "if you take over we will not appeal". 

The EFL process could take weeks or months, a time in which we are in a state of paralysis. If the appeal doesn't go the EFL's way they will no doubt look to drag it out beyond even that somehow and on we go, round and round ad nauseam.

For a governing body that professes to look out for its member clubs they do an absolutely shocking job of looking out for its member clubs. 

I really don’t think the EFL will appeal mainly because they think we will be toasted when those 3 years of revised submissions are put in.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I really don’t think the EFL will appeal mainly because they think we will be toasted when those 3 years of revised submissions are put in.

They have backed themselves in to a corner at this point with their dual fixture list stunt. They do not care if they ruin our summer keeping us embargoed and tied up in appeals and clubs like Wycombe and Boro will have a piss fit if they don't. As we have already seen the EFL bend like a palm tree in a hurricane when clubs like Boro kick off, which is exactly what will happen if they don't appeal.

They will 100% appeal.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They have backed themselves in to a corner at this point with their dual fixture list stunt. They do not care if they ruin our summer keeping us embargoed and tied up in appeals and clubs like Wycombe and Boro will have a piss fit if they don't. As we have already seen the EFL bend like a palm tree in a hurricane when clubs like Boro kick off, which is exactly what will happen if they don't appeal.

They will 100% appeal.

We will see but I don’t think they will, they are spending members money on all this process and have to justify it as well as passing on the legal bill to all clubs, in all reality they would be appealing a technical error/ misunderstanding on whoever’s part. So that in all reality means they should appeal for every single error technical or not in the future for the whole of the EFL. They are hoping to see us breech the restated 3 years whilst they should actually be hoping we don’t breech them as a governing body unless they have completely lost their focus on who they are and what they should be doing? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We will see but I don’t think they will, they are spending members money on all this process and have to justify it as well as passing on the legal bill to all clubs, in all reality they would be appealing a technical error/ misunderstanding on whoever’s part. So that in all reality means they should appeal for every single error technical or not in the future for the whole of the EFL. They are hoping to see us breech the restated 3 years whilst they should actually be hoping we don’t breech them as a governing body unless they have completely lost their focus on who they are and what they should be doing? 

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Getting the jitters now, when all I really want is to look forward to preseason tomorrow! #COYR

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We will see but I don’t think they will, they are spending members money on all this process and have to justify it

I don't think they are.

The buck for that passes to us as the guilty party, part of that judgement is that we pay the legal costs of the whole thing, or at least that's what I seem to remember.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

That @DERBY5HIRE fella is pretty active today isn't he. Not sure how informed he is but he certainly talks a good game and spends a lot of his time digging around for information.

Didn't know about him, thanks for the tip.

I am at the stage where any rumour that things are happening is a comfort! 

This is my biggest hope, that we are quiet because we are busy sorting out new owners. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I don't think they are.

The buck for that passes to us as the guilty party, part of that judgement is that we pay the legal costs of the whole thing, or at least that's what I seem to remember.

Can’t see that in terms of an appeal as it makes no sense and discriminates against one side hugely

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Didn't know about him, thanks for the tip.

I am at the stage where any rumour that things are happening is a comfort! 

This is my biggest hope, that we are quiet because we are busy sorting out new owners. 

He does post some interesting things when he finds them! 

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They will 100% appeal.

I suspect they didn’t have any choice but to mention that the fixtures for us and Wycombe were inter-changeable. If they hadn’t they they would have been effectively ruling out any appeal which obviously they can’t until the full hearing report has been published. Hopefully I’m not in for a nasty shock but, I think that was just done to keep their options open and I’m about 75% certain they will not appeal.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

yep, some are relevant, and some aren't outside of just him speculating on links from one thing to another.

Something is definitely happening, and I'm glad it's all happening in private and not in the public domain. 

I just wonder if the whole affair goes away under new ownership and that's where everybody is looking right now. 

Promise of a fresh start, apologies for any past transgressions, real or assumed and financial reassurance that it won't happen again. 

Surely external parties like our sponsors, Sky and others will be claiming for lost income opportunities during this impasse if it continues? 

It's in all parties' interests that it's resolved and everyone can move on. 

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They will 100% appeal.

Well I think Derby should keep fighting they signed off those accounts and signed them off. 

And sorten things in writing saying we could sell pp and lease it back and they said it was fine and that git gibson that kicked off and I wander how much boro loss if I was mel I say to efl go look into boro accounts if dont we shall sue.

I used the guys findings, Arison owns Miami Heat. Michael Horton who was involved with Derby in the 90s and the original consortium with Mel was chairman of the British Basketball League from 98-02. There could be a link there.

Take this as it's meant, this has come via two pretty influential figures in DCFC history over the past 30 years, not claiming to be ITK and am just repeating what I've been told from sources that I rate highly.

Been told today that it is a Washington DC based consortium/investors that are behind the bid for the club, knew Rooney when he played for DC United, and are just waiting to see which division we are in next season, it's expected to be the Championship.  Led to believe that one of the investors is an agent.

IF we are relegated then Rooney walks, that is not thought to be expected though.

All ready to go and waiting on the EFL appeal and conformation of Championship status.

No idea of money to spend, but given the past few years spending then maybe that doesn't really matter and frugality could be the key.