Yankee Doodle Derby

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If it was a fine or points they would have done ages ago I personal think not got leg stand punishment at worest be dont do it again. And as for legal costs that banker gibson should be made to pay it.

He is a banker? i thought he made his money in the transport industry.? You learn something new every day on here.

46 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Come and buy Derby County - of you do this is what you face:

- £10-£15 Million annual loss at the moment
- Massive Cash Flow Issues
- Legal bill to pay out to a former employee of £2.3 Million
- EFL Legal proceeding has been lost - awaiting punishment, worst case but unlikely relegation, realistically - a fine, A harsh punishment - points deduction for this coming season
- A possible future punishment if newly presented accounts show us not to be in line with P&S
- A business that is two years late publishing accounts
- A playing squad in need of serious investment, investment that you cannot make because of P&S
- A Playing squad that's actually just short of man power generally
- an impending season where 15,000 ST's have already been sold for last season - the cash flow taken last year but the sales probably pushed into this season
- Reduced Crowd Numbers before a Pandemic hit
- A Global Pandemic with uncertainty on crowd attendances
- A stadium that due to the Pandemic is probably 80% down on commercial revenue
- You have a CEO in place but no COO (As Morris would leave) or CFO

on the plus side.....u wont have to walk far for a greggs

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

If it was a fine or points they would have done ages ago I personal think not got leg stand punishment at worest be dont do it again. And as for legal costs that banker gibson should be made to pay it.

We are defo getting a punishment even if its just a small fine.

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Most mega rich people don't get rich by throwing money away.

Come and buy Derby County - of you do this is what you face:

- £10-£15 Million annual loss at the moment
- Massive Cash Flow Issues
- Legal bill to pay out to a former employee of £2.3 Million
- EFL Legal proceeding has been lost - awaiting punishment, worst case but unlikely relegation, realistically - a fine, A harsh punishment - points deduction for this coming season
- A possible future punishment if newly presented accounts show us not to be in line with P&S
- A business that is two years late publishing accounts
- A playing squad in need of serious investment, investment that you cannot make because of P&S
- A Playing squad that's actually just short of man power generally
- an impending season where 15,000 ST's have already been sold for last season - the cash flow taken last year but the sales probably pushed into this season
- Reduced Crowd Numbers before a Pandemic hit
- A Global Pandemic with uncertainty on crowd attendances
- A stadium that due to the Pandemic is probably 80% down on commercial revenue
- You have a CEO in place but no COO (As Morris would leave) or CFO

But on the plus side, if you can fix all of the above, without throwing money at it, you could in a few years reach the promised land where one season can 'fix' you financially. Own a stadium asset which in the longer run, with the correct decisions could become a massively important asset to the city of Derby.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to get a sales job selling the club with the above.

Otherwise not too bad

Oh wait I forgot we have an expensive  novice so called  manager with equally  inept so called coaching team

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No not at all, sorry, the GIF just made me laugh.

I was sent a text yesterday morning that said Leonsis and Arison with Horton are the people buying the club and it will be announced this week, but I refuse to believe it until I see it. 

Was it from Barry the Ram ???

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No not at all, sorry, the GIF just made me laugh.

I was sent a text yesterday morning that said Leonsis and Arison with Horton are the people buying the club and it will be announced this week, but I refuse to believe it until I see it. 

Who sent the text ? Just asking for a friend…

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Leonsis' vehicle monumental sports and entertainment sounds interesting - making their money through owning iconic sports franchises and multi purpose arenas. 

Sort of makes sense with pride park but they are currently very us centric. 

Yeah when your business is set up to exploit the asset that is the stadium you then you probably dont have to care as much about the team that plays in it.

Especially as that team loses money and putting gigs in there makes you money. As a business man you would assume Derby County it's self may not be the top priority for his business unless we started to make money as a club. 

Could be wrong just trying too look at it from a perspective of someone who has no emotional link to the club or the sport and comes from a country where the business of sport is done very differently.

Its like i did see people slagging off Jaime Vardy for buying a USL club in America and saying "why bother buying a club in a league with no promotion or relegation, waste of time"........ probably because the costs are generally fixed Inna contained league and he believes he can make consistent money with a team in that league ?. Promotion is not the goal there, making consistent money in a specific market is.

Not every club is run for love, especially in America. But it does highlight our very different philosophy on Sports business in general.

25 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yeah when your business is set up to exploit the asset that is the stadium you then you probably dont have to care as much about the team that plays in it.

Especially as that team loses money and putting gigs in there makes you money. As a business man you would assume Derby County it's self may not be the top priority for his business unless we started to make money as a club. 

Could be wrong just trying too look at it from a perspective of someone who has no emotional link to the club or the sport and comes from a country where the business of sport is done very differently.

Its like i did see people slagging off Jaime Vardy for buying a USL club in America and saying "why bother buying a club in a league with no promotion or relegation, waste of time"........ probably because the costs are generally fixed Inna contained league and he believes he can make consistent money with a team in that league ?. Promotion is not the goal there, making consistent money in a specific market is.

Not every club is run for love, especially in America. But it does highlight our very different philosophy on Sports business in general.

I Hope u are wrong 

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Leonsis' vehicle monumental sports and entertainment sounds interesting - making their money through owning iconic sports franchises and multi purpose arenas. 

Sort of makes sense with pride park but they are currently very us centric. 

"Iconic"??sorry just made me giggle based on end of last season