Yankee Doodle Derby

42 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

No idea of money to spend, but given the past few years spending then maybe that doesn't really matter and frugality could be the key.

Return to the early Nigel Clough years. As long as there's enough support to drag us out of the current dregs and start some sensible building with an actual plan. At least there's a pretty clean slate in terms of squad.

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Take this as it's meant, this has come via two pretty influential figures in DCFC history over the past 30 years, not claiming to be ITK and am just repeating what I've been told from sources that I rate highly.

Been told today that it is a Washington DC based consortium/investors that are behind the bid for the club, knew Rooney when he played for DC United, and are just waiting to see which division we are in next season, it's expected to be the Championship.  Led to believe that one of the investors is an agent.

IF we are relegated then Rooney walks, that is not thought to be expected though.

All ready to go and waiting on the EFL appeal and conformation of Championship status.

No idea of money to spend, but given the past few years spending then maybe that doesn't really matter and frugality could be the key.

We won't know for definite what league we will be in until the 3rd game of the new season, if we have to wait till then administration will be right around the corner 

3 minutes ago, Sport Billy said:

We won't know for definite what league we will be in until the 3rd game of the new season, if we have to wait till then administration will be right around the corner 

Why will administration be right round the corner?

The only person /persons that can put the club into administration is Mel Morris, why would he do that?

He would lose all of his investment if he did that, and as I understand it the rams are paying their bills as they fall due.

I believe that 90% of the posters on here do not understand anything about administration/insolvency.

47 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Return to the early Nigel Clough years. As long as there's enough support to drag us out of the current dregs and start some sensible building with an actual plan. At least there's a pretty clean slate in terms of squad.

Wont need to go to the early Nigel Clough years as that involved a lot of having to clear the squad & trim the wage bill, we're at that point now, so its time for a sensible rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Take this as it's meant, this has come via two pretty influential figures in DCFC history over the past 30 years, not claiming to be ITK and am just repeating what I've been told from sources that I rate highly.

Been told today that it is a Washington DC based consortium/investors that are behind the bid for the club, knew Rooney when he played for DC United, and are just waiting to see which division we are in next season, it's expected to be the Championship.  Led to believe that one of the investors is an agent.

IF we are relegated then Rooney walks, that is not thought to be expected though.

All ready to go and waiting on the EFL appeal and conformation of Championship status.

Does this imply that they'll only buy if we stay in the Championship, or they'll buy but pay less if we're relegated?

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Does this imply that they'll only buy if we stay in the Championship, or they'll buy but pay less if we're relegated?

Not explicitly mentioned but given that it's suggested that Rooney walks if we are demoted I would assume that it all hinges on being a Championship club this season, given that the parties involved are all close to Wayne. Although that is my interpretation of what I've been told.

For what it's worth there is confidence that we will not be demoted.

32 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Not explicitly mentioned but given that it's suggested that Rooney walks if we are demoted I would assume that it all hinges on being a Championship club this season, given that the parties involved are all close to Wayne. Although that is my interpretation of what I've been told.

For what it's worth there is confidence that we will not be demoted.

Thanks for that. I would have thought that if you were an American buying a non Premier League English football club, it wouldn't make too much difference which of the 2 divisions we were in, with it being a comparatively 'big' club. In fact there'd be possibly be more long term potential if we were in the lower division.

However, if one of the key factors is, as you suggest, Rooney, that puts a different slant on it.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Thanks for that. I would have thought that if you were an American buying a non Premier League English football club, it wouldn't make too much difference which of the 2 divisions we were in, with it being a comparatively 'big' club. In fact there'd be possibly be more long term potential if we were in the lower division.

However, if one of the key factors is, as you suggest, Rooney, that puts a different slant on it.

How would being in the lower league help, surely any investor would prefer the prem millions coming in wouldn’t they ?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wont need to go to the early Nigel Clough years as that involved a lot of having to clear the squad & trim the wage bill, we're at that point now, so its time for a sensible rebuild. 

Drop that bolded and underlined word out and I'm with you!

Face Palm No GIF

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Although why has it suddenly changed to Rooney leaving if we get relegated, when at the end of last season he was staying whatever? So with new owners if we got relegated it's make more sense for him wanting to stay? So it just sounds like more gossip to me.

1 hour ago, Sport Billy said:

Where the heck did you get this from?  A tip, if it was a friend never trust a word they tell you

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although why has it suddenly changed to Rooney leaving if we get relegated, when at the end of last season he was staying whatever? So with new owners if we got relegated it's make more sense for him wanting to stay? So it just sounds like more gossip to me.

Calm down, calm down ???

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although why has it suddenly changed to Rooney leaving if we get relegated, when at the end of last season he was staying whatever?

Because at the arse end of a relegation scrap, he's hardly going to say, 'oh by the way, if I do manage to get us relegated, the first thing I'll do is duck off and leave you lot to it' is he?