Yankee Doodle Derby

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There has to be some truth in it.  Ted Leonsis has been mentioned lots, he likes owning stadiums that can double as performance venues so maybe he sees Pride Park as a latest edition to his portfolio, who knows.

Mike Horton is a fair shout too. I've read more than one person suggesting a local businessman had joined forces with an American consortium, so this ties in with that.

The one I find strange is this Mickey Arison bloke, multi-billionaire, could easily buy out Man United, Liverpool etc and here he is linked with us. Although, his name is so far fetched, who knows.

It’s all Twitter rumours though everyone mentioned there was started by a few on Twitter and everyone seems to be believing them, I’d love if it was them but I really can not see it

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There has to be some truth in it.  Ted Leonsis has been mentioned lots, he likes owning stadiums that can double as performance venues so maybe he sees Pride Park as a latest edition to his portfolio, who knows.

Mike Horton is a fair shout too. I've read more than one person suggesting a local businessman had joined forces with an American consortium, so this ties in with that.

The one I find strange is this Mickey Arison bloke, multi-billionaire, could easily buy out Man United, Liverpool etc and here he is linked with us. Although, his name is so far fetched, who knows.

Never heard of Mike Horton but according to his LinkedIn profile he's already been the owner of Derby County. 

When would that have been? 

The Mikey Arison one would be interesting. He employes a high end set of executives for the Miami Heat, a top coach and he spends to make sure that the Heat are perennial contenders in the NBA. He is generally considered a good owner who isn't stingy, got the best player on the planet to join his team and won a few championships over the years too.

Would be interesting to see if his strategy would be the same for us.

7 hours ago, JfR said:

If Leonsis is involved, it won't be for love of the game

I've been wondering if Horton really is the main man and he is just lending some cash from the likes of Leonsis and Arison.

When GSE took over we had some big rich people involved, Tom Ricketts for one, but we never saw or heard much if anything from them.

9 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Is there anything concrete on any of this? I mean are we even sure there’s any kind of takeover on the way??

The only 'official' news is that we're in talks with an American Consortium, that was part of a DET article yesterday, other than that it is potential ITK or potential bull

10 years ago, even in there current state , someone would have bought this club in the knowledge that promotion was likely one way or the other in couple of years.  Size of club and higher levels of gate receipts, tv money, sponsorship and good old pull for a better standard of player counted.  Now Bournemouth can hang around in this division for 3 years with a 70 million wage bill for 2 years and not be arsed. West Brom got 78 milion pounds in parachute money for 2 years for example .  Bournemouth will get around 80 mill in 2 years.  Any one looking at Derby will be thinking a 60 mill outlay and a fortune just compete in the top half.  Increased and longer paid parachute money means we are stuffed. There's no incentive to buy any club without parachute payments.

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

10 years ago, even in there current state , someone would have bought this club in the knowledge that promotion was likely one way or the other in couple of years.  Size of club and higher levels of gate receipts, tv money, sponsorship and good old pull for a better standard of player counted.  Now Bournemouth can hang around in this division for 3 years with a 70 million wage bill for 2 years and not be arsed. West Brom got 78 milion pounds in parachute money for 2 years for example .  Bournemouth will get around 80 mill in 2 years.  Any one looking at Derby will be thinking a 60 mill outlay and a fortune just compete in the top half.  Increased and longer paid parachute money means we are stuffed. There's no incentive to buy any club without parachute payments.

Not neccisley mate if the owner or owners got meger money behind them it could compete with these clubs but at the moment mend and make do.

A Trappist monastery makes more noise than the DCFC ivory tower these days. 
I’m guessing that the person(s) interested in taking us over lives in America, so geographically it narrows the probables somewhat. 
My ear is to the ground right now and more information will be divulged in due course. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Not neccisley mate if the owner or owners got meger money behind them it could compete with these clubs but at the moment mend and make do.

Most mega rich people don't get rich by throwing money away.

Come and buy Derby County - of you do this is what you face:

- £10-£15 Million annual loss at the moment
- Massive Cash Flow Issues
- Legal bill to pay out to a former employee of £2.3 Million
- EFL Legal proceeding has been lost - awaiting punishment, worst case but unlikely relegation, realistically - a fine, A harsh punishment - points deduction for this coming season
- A possible future punishment if newly presented accounts show us not to be in line with P&S
- A business that is two years late publishing accounts
- A playing squad in need of serious investment, investment that you cannot make because of P&S
- A Playing squad that's actually just short of man power generally
- an impending season where 15,000 ST's have already been sold for last season - the cash flow taken last year but the sales probably pushed into this season
- Reduced Crowd Numbers before a Pandemic hit
- A Global Pandemic with uncertainty on crowd attendances
- A stadium that due to the Pandemic is probably 80% down on commercial revenue
- You have a CEO in place but no COO (As Morris would leave) or CFO

But on the plus side, if you can fix all of the above, without throwing money at it, you could in a few years reach the promised land where one season can 'fix' you financially. Own a stadium asset which in the longer run, with the correct decisions could become a massively important asset to the city of Derby.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to get a sales job selling the club with the above.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Most mega rich people don't get rich by throwing money away.

Come and buy Derby County - of you do this is what you face:

- £10-£15 Million annual loss at the moment
- Massive Cash Flow Issues
- Legal bill to pay out to a former employee of £2.3 Million
- EFL Legal proceeding has been lost - awaiting punishment, worst case but unlikely relegation, realistically - a fine, A harsh punishment - points deduction for this coming season
- A possible future punishment if newly presented accounts show us not to be in line with P&S
- A business that is two years late publishing accounts
- A playing squad in need of serious investment, investment that you cannot make because of P&S
- A Playing squad that's actually just short of man power generally
- an impending season where 15,000 ST's have already been sold for last season - the cash flow taken last year but the sales probably pushed into this season
- Reduced Crowd Numbers before a Pandemic hit
- A Global Pandemic with uncertainty on crowd attendances
- A stadium that due to the Pandemic is probably 80% down on commercial revenue
- You have a CEO in place but no COO (As Morris would leave) or CFO

But on the plus side, if you can fix all of the above, without throwing money at it, you could in a few years reach the promised land where one season can 'fix' you financially. Own a stadium asset which in the longer run, with the correct decisions could become a massively important asset to the city of Derby.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to get a sales job selling the club with the above.

If it was a fine or points they would have done ages ago I personal think not got leg stand punishment at worest be dont do it again. And as for legal costs that banker gibson should be made to pay it.