Yankee Doodle Derby

Alan Nixon mentioned 3 different parties interested in the club, but one is a non-runner (his words were do not have the legs). There was a mention of interest of MSD being involved with the fact Derby have had a total of £18m in loans (they don't want to lose their money). Who ever takes on the club have that £18m loan to sort out, plus paying Keogh his £2.3m and paying off Cocu and his 2 dutch coaches which amounts to approx £8m.

11 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There was a mention of interest of MSD being involved with the fact Derby have had a total of £18m in loans (they don't want to lose their money). Who ever takes on the club have that £18m loan to sort out...

I understood the MSD £18m loan was secured on the stadium, which the club do not own?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
16 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There was a mention of interest of MSD being involved with the fact Derby have had a total of £18m in loans (they don't want to lose their money). Who ever takes on the club have that £18m loan to sort out...

I understood the MSD £18m loan was secured on the stadium, which the club do not own?

Yes and if the takeover was club, stadium, training ground etc all rolled into one big deal, then it could make a difference to MSD loans.

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

That loan is guaranteed by the club and secured on all of its assets according to the filings 

I wouldn't shout that too loudly. If the club still own the stadium and the EFL find out we could see another investigation into charge 1.

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

From what I can tell Mel bought the freehold to the stadium and then the mortgage is against the very long commercial lease that the club owns. 

Much like how you buy a flat or leasehold property where you can still get a mortgage against the property even if you don't technically own the freehold title. 

Could be wrong though. 

Getting quite bored of all the 'nobody's going to want to buy us' BS. To my mind, most recently, there were three really significant inhibitors to what I would term, serious investors; firstly, the imminent threat of relegation'; secondly, the fear of a significant points deduction for next season and a possibly another season-long relegation fight as a result; and lastly, the fact that a deal had already been struck with Alonso pending EFL ratification. In the last few weeks, two of those factors have already been mitigated and we are now told we have multiple credible suitors. Happenstance?

As regards the last outstanding issue, that being our punishment for our supposed FRS 102 'non-compliance', gimme a break! Does anyone really believe the original DC are suddenly going to turn around and ratify a 12 point deduction, or anything like it? 

My predictions for the immediate future: A) The club will be under new, EFL approved and sanctioned ownership inside 3 months. B) There'll be no significant FFP punishment, if for no other reason than we've done nothing wrong. C) The current never-ending pile-on from some on here will thankfully peter out and melodrama and inter-fan sniping levels will return to something like those prevalent before the original FFP charge.

And breathe....

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Getting quite bored of all the 'nobody's going to want to buy us' BS. To my mind, most recently, there were three really significant inhibitors to what I would term, serious investors; firstly, the imminent threat of relegation'; secondly, the fear of a significant points deduction for next season and a possibly another season-long relegation fight as a result; and lastly, the fact that a deal had already been struck with Alonso pending EFL ratification. In the last few weeks, two of those factors have already been mitigated and we are now told we have multiple credible suitors. Happenstance?

As regards the last outstanding issue, that being our punishment for our supposed FRS 102 'non-compliance', gimme a break! Does anyone really believe the original DC are suddenly going to turn around and ratify a 12 point deduction, or anything like it? 

My predictions for the immediate future: A) The club will be under new, EFL approved and sanctioned ownership inside 3 months. B) There'll be no significant FFP punishment, if for no other reason than we've done nothing wrong. C) The current never-ending pile-on from some on here will thankfully peter out and melodrama and inter-fan sniping levels will return to something like those prevalent before the original FFP charge.

And breathe....

It's still the case that DCFC would be cheap championship club to buy, even if you're taking on some issues (debt, efl, squad not good enough, manager and coaches not good enough, ground owership to resolve etc)

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I agree with all bar C)....that just won't happen..

It seems to me that the clickbait gutter journos are just having a field day inventing whatever baalocks they want...it is then relayed on as some form of clinical fact...

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And breathe....

• I guess it depends on how full your glass is. I agree with you that the EFL appeal will not be season limiting, whatever that is, for next year.
  • I am in no doubt we will be in a perfectly fine position to set out our stall with the same aim next season (be that survival or promotion) as we did without it.
  • I think relegation is as much of a threat as it was - the side now is weakened even from the one that played against the Wendies so something does need to change in that aspect, but we have time.
  • I don't think 'nobody wants to buy us' but I do think you've maybe missed out two pretty big inihibitors - one being there being someone willing to invest in any football club in these turbulent times. So much is unclear about future revenue streams that it is going to be a punt for anyone and while many businesspeople have made a lot of money selling PPE contracts there are also a lot of others who will be running businesses that have suffered - particularly if they are already in this space.
  • Second factor is what value we, specifically, offer at the price Mel is willing to sell at. Nobody really knows the answer to that but it is, quite literally, multi-million pound question. And it is linked to the debt associated with the club, again very few people really know what that looks like but all the rumours (and credible ones) suggest it is horrid.

My thing that I'm getting quite bored of (and I'm not saying you are one btw) is the 'but we're Derby, we've got a great stadium, we won the league forty years ago, people must be queuing up to buy this wonderful club. And if it costs them £20 or £30m over market price well that's fine - they're rich, they don't need it' sort of approach. So, in conclusion and like most things, we're probably a lot closer than we give each other credit for - it's just how full your glass is that seperates us a bit.

52 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

My thing that I'm getting quite bored of (and I'm not saying you are one btw) is the 'but we're Derby, we've got a great stadium, we won the league forty years ago, people must be queuing up to buy this wonderful club.

I don't see anyone banging on about what a wonderful club we are or how we won the league 40 years back. Only post I've seen mentioning those things is yours. Even if there are a couple, compare that to the absolute litany of 'woe is us' posts like we're the first and last club ever to have these problems. I don't buy that at all. 

I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Let's see if we're left unsold, unwanted and hurtling towards the trapdoor. I've a hunch we won't be.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I don't see anyone banging on about what a wonderful club we are or how we won the league 40 years back. Only post I've seen mentioning those things is yours. Even if there are a couple, compare that to the absolute litany of 'woe is us' posts like we're the first and last club ever to have these problems. I don't buy that at all. 

I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Let's see if we're left unsold, unwanted and hurtling towards the trapdoor. I've a hunch we won't be.

Not sure I'd have it at 'banging on' but if that's how it sounds to you then fair enough.

>99% of the information that will be used to guide any decision on the future of this club is way out of sight of either you or me. Hunch away, I'll hunch as well but that's all it will ever be - and others will come to whatever conclusion they feel suited to.

But you're >99% likely to be right on one point, this club is very unlikely to hurtle towards any trapdoor, and I'm probably right that any investor coming in will be doing this for financial reasons and some of the names mentioned (Ted Leonsis for example) are about as likely to happen as Rafa was to become our next manager.

6 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Not sure I'd have it at 'banging on' but if that's how it sounds to you then fair enough.

>99% of the information that will be used to guide any decision on the future of this club is way out of sight of either you or me. Hunch away, I'll hunch as well but that's all it will ever be - and others will come to whatever conclusion they feel suited to.

But you're >99% likely to be right on one point, this club is very unlikely to hurtle towards any trapdoor, and I'm probably right that any investor coming in will be doing this for financial reasons and some of the names mentioned (Ted Leonsis for example) are about as likely to happen as Rafa was to become our next manager.

Did you say Rafa is going to replace Wazza ?

I saw the name Ted Leonisis mentioned on Twitter, it seemed to be a random named plucked out the air.

But, he is an owner of a few sports clubs as well as owning more than a couple sports and entertainment venues.

He is a decent shout, especially if he would want to break into English 'soccer' at a team with a stadium easily altered for entertaining.

11 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You stated you were bored of the 'what a wonderful club we are or how we won the league 40 years back' schtick. In so much, the conclusion that there are a plethora of posters repeatedly running this line does not seem unreasonable, even if I've seen nothing to evidence this.

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hunch away

Why thank you! 

others will come to whatever conclusion they feel suited to.

As is their prerogative. I've expressed disdain for the volumes of such posts, not the subtext.

I think the use of 'hunch' implies clearly enough that it's merely an opinion. I've also not I've questioned anyone's belief that any investor would be 'in it to win it', so to speak.

As for Mr Leonsis, I have no idea who he is and as consequence, I'm fairly certain I've not commented on the likelihood, or otherwise, of him buying the club, any more than I have that of Rafa becoming our coach. Probably also worth pointing out that my post wasn't even directed at you, but rather a general observation on the amount of folk taking issue with the current running of the club. Frankly, I've seen very few posts, if any, that dispute the seriousness of our predicament.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands