Yankee Doodle Derby

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Regarding Mel Morris, I wonder if he does have health problems whether he'd be prepared to still fund the club but take a step back and appoint a person/team to manage the off field business side ?

In the meantime, they could still search for a legitimate new owner

I'm clutching at straws but i'm desperate for some kind of resolution here

So, either Sam "I always get my man" Rush (yes, he won his unfair dismissal case, but still left the club in what was to become it's current state) or someone who quite feasibly could leave us in an even worse state. There are no guarantees.

There is an article that quotes a Sun article by Alan Nixon today, which infers that the EFL will be kinder to us if Mel can sell quickly, and that talks are underway again.

Shouldn't think it's any more or less reliable than the Daily Mail stuff.

I Don't think it's been posted on here, but there are so many different threads springing up it's hard to tell! 

Edited by angieram

1 minute ago, angieram said:

There is an article that quotes a Sun article by Alan Nixon today, which infers that the EFL will be kinder to us if Mel can sell quickly, and that talks are underway again.

I Don't think it's been posted on here, but there are so many different threads springing up it's hard to tell! 

EFL source tacitly admits "get Mel" was a part of it......the only legitimate line is either"no comment, it's ongoing" or "that is a separate issue, the DC must judge the case in front of them"

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

We might not get a points deduction, think he makes things up as he goes along. More interested in what Percy has to say....

I can't see any realistic way how that could possibly be true. If the multiple bidders part is true, then that's good news, I just hope Mel is able to get a credible buyer this time.

However I really cannot see the EFL even being able to hint at reducing whatever punishment we receive if Mel sells up quickly. Firstly, there is no indication that we would definitely get a points deduction, it's just one of numerous possibilities. Secondly, the points deduction is not something that can, or should, be made up on the spot. As much as they may like to, the EFL Gods cannot sit in their Ivory tower and think "hmm, Mel Morris? We'll hit him with the maximum penalty!" purely because he's caused a stir in the past and there's ill feeling. Penalties are based on facts. It can't be impacted by having a favourable, or unfavourable owner.

The Club should be sold for the good of the Club. I really hope being stung twice publicly will encourage Mel to really want to choose the best person for our future, however the indication that he could almost be blackmailed into rushing a sale through so we only get deducted 3 points rather than 9 for example, is absolutely farcical and sounds like it should be illegal.

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

If there's any truth in those rumours then the EFL are publicly showing that there is a vendetta against Mel - what a steaming pile of horse droppings that organisation is.....

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Who would Nixon find to talk to at the EFL, the cleaner? 

The bit about MSD seems confused as the stadium isn't owned by the Club.

Utter clickbait of the worst kind.

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

How can Nixon know anything about potential points deduction, before the original panel have reconvened and discussed the facts ?

Two buyers in talks ?

I wonder if he knows what the EFL are asking for as a punishment?

By that I mean, I think both sides have their say and the EFL put forward what punishment they want us to have (but the final decision on what punishment is handed down is with the DC) maybe he means they will ask for a lesser punishment if Mel no longer owns us?

Just now, RandomAccessMemory said:

By that I mean, I think both sides have their say and the EFL put forward what punishment they want us to have (but the final decision on what punishment is handed down is with the DC) maybe he means they will ask for a lesser punishment if Mel no longer owns us?

They still have to base it on whether we're guilty and what of if so.

3 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

That's still not an appropriate stance for a regulator to have, and effectively that's what the EFL are in terms of the football league. It implies that the relationship between the club and the EFL will change how the rules apply to you.

2 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Yes, they do, but the EFL might ask for maximum punishment as there is no precedent. It doesn’t necessarily mean the DC will think they are right to do so.

The maximum punishment is still based on what was wrong - which from the appeal report suggests its accounting. Only if we resubmit and go over P&S can we be looking at points deduction.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, the appeal has just found us guilty, so yes we are. We know what of.

Yes, but there might still be more 'guilt', if we have to resubmit accounts was the only way I could see a points deduction.

Edited by RoyMac5

My understanding was that the EFL don't decide the punishment anyway do they? The disciplinary commission decides and they were mostly on our side in the initial hearing, so I can't see why Mel Morris being here or not will have any impact on the outcome. 

I think maybe people are taking what Nixon is saying a bit too literally. I personally think that he is implying that the EFL will be more favourably disposed towards us generally once Mel is gone.

This might mean pressing less about the punishment, which could in turn influence the DC's decision; or just agreeing to the DC setting the punishment rather than the LAP (which I am not sure if they have done as yet?)

I don't think it's right that there is this issue between the EFL and Mel,  but people would be naive to think that it is not there, or that it hasn't influenced the EFL's recent behaviour.