Yankee Doodle Derby

18 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

don’t understand how a successful appeal against a points deduction, that hasn’t been imposed yet, could be contingent on a new owner. 

Makes perfect sense

if a reputable new owner wants to protect the club he says to efl: we were wrong, we’ll pay a big fine and we’ll say sorry, publicly  

(sorry B4 I know that would upset you)

in response it’s quite possible the efl would stop pressing for a points deduction. The point is, the tribunal sets the sanction by reference to the rules/precedent. But the sanctions process is still adversarial in that we’re arguing for leniency and efl the opposite 

btw, reading about MM’s recent TalkSport interview I wondered if he’s sending an olive branch to the efl. Would be sensible... swallow your pride Mel

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Makes perfect sense

if a reputable new owner wants to protect the club he says to efl: we were wrong, we’ll pay a big fine and we’ll say sorry, publicly  

in response it’s quite possible the efl would stop pressing for a points deduction. The point is, the tribunal sets the sanction by reference to the rules/precedent. But the sanctions process is still adversarial in that we’re arguing for leniency and efl the opposite 

btw, reading about MM’s recent TalkSport interview I wondered if he’s sending an olive branch to the efl. Would be sensible... swallow your pride Mel

Sorry, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Despite what we all think about the EFL I don’t think they would suggest that if Mel confesses, says sorry and offers to pay a fine they’d continue to pursue a points deduction but, if a new owner said the same they’d treat it differently.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Despite what we all think about the EFL I don’t think they would suggest that if Mel confesses, says sorry and offers to pay a fine they’d continue to pursue a points deduction but, if a new owner said the same they’d treat it differently.

EFL just wanted a win of any kind to avoid all the legal fees in my most humble opinion 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

agreed

The rest of the league are holding their feet to the flames, they expect the EFL to hand down the correct punishment not come up with some mates deal.  The EFL are under some pressure here to do the right thing whatever that is.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yeah. Afterall a new owner might dislike the EFL even more! ?

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Ah ok I see your point. I think the journalists  who have said change of ownership could reduce sanction assume MM’s relationship w the regulator has broken down. I agree that MM can also improve the position. If he rolls over, shows his tummy submissively to Mr Parry and agrees to pay all EFL costs, I guess he may be able to stop them arguing for a points deduction. But easier for a new owner to do - ‘Clean sweep of the brush’  etc

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ah ok I see your point. I think the journalists  who have said change of ownership could reduce sanction assume MM’s relationship w the regulator has broken down. I agree that MM can also improve the position. If he rolls over, shows his tummy submissively to Mr Parry and agrees to pay all EFL costs, I guess he may be able to stop them arguing for a points deduction. But easier for a new owner to do - ‘Clean sweep of the brush’  etc

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

agreed

The rest of the league are holding their feet to the flames, they expect the EFL to hand down the correct punishment not come up with some mates deal.  The EFL are under some pressure here to do the right thing whatever that is.

bump

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

EFL just wanted a win of any kind to avoid all the legal fees in my most humble opinion 

Yes, in this climate the longer this rumbles on and the greater the impact on Derby County as a club the more opinion will turn on the EFL who are, at the end of the day, supposed to be helping their members. They need something, though, to justify pushing this so hard so a new owner having their knuckles publically rapped for misdemeanours that didn't happen on their watch is a perfect climb down for all sides. New owners insist it is financial in structure and they just add it to the bill.

Not saying it's happening but it makes for a good outcome for all sides.

Just now, BaaLocks said:

That's journo code for 'dunno what's going on but not going to admit it'

Yeah but I was hoping he might play a 'The mists are clearing...I think I see a colour blue in there somewhere' type game'. ?

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Makes perfect sense

I still say that mel should fight and If we have to take them to court and get what ever over turned and they signed it off and we have that in writing I still think that efl is doing is wrong and can not be allowed to get away with it.