Yankee Doodle Derby

6 hours ago, Spanish said:

agreed

The rest of the league are holding their feet to the flames, they expect the EFL to hand down the correct punishment not come up with some mates deal.  The EFL are under some pressure here to do the right thing whatever that is.

At one end of the spectrum - Gibson and others who are vindictive and will fight for a points deduction

at the other: clubs who have little beef with us who would be happier for us to pay the large legal costs and a fine. 

there’s a range and we can certainly influence the outcome by being conciliatory. And you would surely expect a new owner to do this 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

At one end of the spectrum - Gibson and others who are vindictive and will fight for a points deduction

at the other: clubs who have little beef with us who would be happier for us to pay the large legal costs and a fine. 

there’s a range and we can certainly influence the outcome by being conciliatory. And you would surely expect a new owner to do this 

Why should we be paying legal costs if anyone should pay legal costs is boro.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why should we be paying legal costs if anyone should pay legal costs is boro.

We’ll pay most of the costs because we mostly lost. Not all of them. If we agree to pay all of them i think it reduces the chance of a points deduction. 
B4 you might be right when you say it’s unfair. But it’s not a great idea to keep fighting your regulator because they have a lot of power over you 

It’s clear from this and the keogh debacle that MM gets on a mission of principle and won’t listen to advice. I think it’s been a problem for us 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

We’ll pay most of the costs because we mostly lost. Not all of them. If we agree to pay all of them i think it reduces the chance of a points deduction. 
B4 you might be right when you say it’s unfair. But it’s not a great idea to keep fighting your regulator because they have a lot of power over you 

It’s clear from this and the keogh debacle that MM gets on a mission of principle and won’t listen to advice. I think it’s been a problem for us 

Well if the efl were not happy with our accounts they should not signed them off in the first place the only kicked off was boro and there owner for me if I was in charge of the efl I be asking to see theres as well.

And if I was mel I be showing this to efl and other clubs to show we did nrothing wrong.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s not a beef it is ensuring there is one less competitive team in the league.  I can’t see why any f them would prefer money rather than points

11 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

A transfer embargo through most of the summer could cost more points than “the points”. Maybe our foes will push for this.

We'll still be under an embargo until we submit our accounts anyway arent we? At the moment our foes don't have to do anything if thats what they want. If we dont get taken over it doesnt really matter though since we wont be buying anyone

Gibson's a pussy...why isn't he pushing for expulsion from the league. 

That's the maximum punishment and for an unprecedented situation like this why doesn't he aim high? 

Isnt it clear that by wiggling some connexions around on our schedules of amortisation we were guilty of creating the financial conditions for Frank to bring in zoon, malone and the waggster? 

I mean, hanging is too good for us.... ?

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But it’s not a great idea to keep fighting your regulator because they have a lot of power over you 

Most definitely. From memory, Mr Morris was having a dig at the EFL not long after he had become owner. Those with power and influence don't often take kindly to dissent, and are happy to wait patiently to take revenge. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Most definitely. From memory, Mr Morris was having a dig at the EFL not long after he had become owner. Those with power and influence don't often take kindly to dissent, and are happy to wait patiently to take revenge. 

This was to do with poor negotiations  with EPL and tv rights I think?

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

This was to do with poor negotiations  with EPL and tv rights I think?

Yes, right, I think that was it. Perhaps Mr Morris had a point there, but our relationship with the EFL has significantly deteriorated. What have we gained from it?? Again if my memory serves me correctly, previously, Tom Glick was on more cordial terms with the EFL. 

Isnt the embargo the same a lot of other clubs have in terms of us using the governments extended timeline to submit accounts whereas the EFL stuck to their own meaning any club who went beyond it got given an embargo.

Its not to do with the accounts we havent previously submitted as we havent been in an embargo and signed players last summer & in Jan so we must have some form of agreement with the EFL over the late submission of and no embargo

Edited by DCFC1388

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

so we must have some form of agreement with the EFL over the late submission of and no embargo

Why must we? The report earlier this year stated that 10 clubs including us were under embargo due to us submitting accounts late due to efl policy not coinciding with goverment policy.

I don't really know much about this sort of stuff, but surely we must be coming up to the date we need to submit even with the extension?

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why must we? The report earlier this year stated that 10 clubs including us were under embargo due to us submitting accounts late due to efl policy not coinciding with goverment policy.

I don't really know much about this sort of stuff, but surely we must be coming up to the date we need to submit even with the extension?

I meant in terms of last years accounts which havent been submitted but havent resulted in an embargo.

The current embargo is based off this years delayed accounts like other clubs. 

Not entirely sure when the date is/was, I guess we dont know if we have submitted what was required already to lift the embargo.