Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

I think that’s nathan byrne 

Byrne has been back in training, I believe? Although, I’d imagine a similar deal can be cut with him if he so wishes.

Fortunately, we are not talking about once in a lifetime, generational players. Byrne is obviously a different issue to Buchanan, as he’s a significantly better player and more important to our team.

Another disappointing fee for a youngster for non footballing reasons, I suspect on of DC's priorities will be to make sure this is the final one

Has plenty of potential, but the one thing we did very right over the last 12 months or so is almost no one involved with the squad was pushing to leave or having their attitude questions, literally only Festy I can remember even having question marks on that? So if he's willing to push for it, unfortunately, off you f.... Go 

Fozzy extension and Dylan Williams back on loan? Plenty good enough for L1 and minimises the turn over of "new" pleayers

I can’t control what everyone else does, IF he leaves and the newspaper speculation around his contract is true I’ll remember Buchanan’s efforts for the club during difficult times and wish him well.
If by chance he is considering staying at the club to help us get out of league one, one read of his mentions on Twitter and here might make his mind up for him, there’s a rapid nastiness to some people’s opinions sometimes which baffles my brain. 

No point forcing someone to stay... move on and find another left-back.

There's not many freebies in that position (just looking on Transfermarkt). Ben Jackson on loan from Huddersfield would be my shout (like I've said before, I watch a lot of football!)... looked great down the left side in a struggling Doncaster team last season. 

Don't really rate him tbh. Overhyped as a player. If he wants to go then by all means he can. I will thank him for his time here under difficult circumstances, but I shall definitely not lose any sleep over him leaving. I am sure we can find better on loan or as a freebie.

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

No point forcing someone to stay... move on and find another left-back.

There's not many freebies in that position (just looking on Transfermarkt). Ben Jackson on loan from Huddersfield would be my shout (like I've said before, I watch a lot of football!)... looked great down the left side in a struggling Doncaster team last season. 

I was having a look earlier too, not lots out there on freebies when you consider the work permit restrictions. It would ideally have to be a UK based player or someone from abroad who qualifies as a UK resident. There must be options from league 1 or 2, or like you said a loan alongside re-signing Forsyth maybe. 

Bremen will be a great place for him. Will get game time and play against some of the best players in Europe.

Shame we have been done over by agents pushing for moves and resulting in us getting significantly less than he’s worth, but he needs to look after himself in a short career and staying here would see a lot of fans getting on his back with every mistake.

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I can’t control what everyone else does, IF he leaves and the newspaper speculation around his contract is true I’ll remember Buchanan’s efforts for the club during difficult times and wish him well.
If by chance he is considering staying at the club to help us get out of league one, one read of his mentions on Twitter and here might make his mind up for him, there’s a rapid nastiness to some people’s opinions sometimes which baffles my brain. 

The contract dispute has been engineered by his agent with Lee's consent I would assume, so I think he's wanted out for some time. Perhaps he was unhappy he wasn't allowed to leave when Forest and others showed an interest in him. Whatever, it's clear nothing fans say here or on social media could change the strategy he's pursuing. My guess is he's heard what Festy got from the Udinese deal and fancies a big pay day. There's nothing wrong with that - which of us would turn down a €1M signing on fee and €0,5M pa salary? 

But when a local man has just put his personal fortune at risk in order to save a vital part of the local community and in doing so restore the mental health of thousands of people, neither he or anyone else should be surprised if a few fans think he's being selfish, greedy and disloyal. They're not usually regarded as virtues worthy of applause. 

I can't understand why were not playing hardball if his extension is binding.  Did it fully laps by 1/7 ?.  If not, Make him stay, play and sell in January for more money.  Why should we weaken the squad further when he agreed to the extension.  Put him out in front of the mob for a few games.  Loads of clubs have done it.  Dale Stephens at Brighton and Francis at Bournemouth come immediately to mind .  Eventually after a bit of moaning they got on with the job.   

27 minutes ago, roboto said:

If there’s not much in the way of free agents, perhaps a youngster on lob is needed. I hear that Chelsea have a bright young left back that knows the area well… ?

Come home Dylan!

Good shout. Havent heard anything about him since he left. Guessing he's languishing in the u23s?

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can't understand why were not playing hardball if his extension is binding.  Did it fully laps by 1/7 ?.  If not, Make him stay, play and sell in January for more money.  Why should we weaken the squad further when he agreed to the extension.  Put him out in front of the mob for a few games.  Loads of clubs have done it.  Dale Stephens at Brighton and Francis at Bournemouth come immediately to mind .  Eventually after a bit of moaning they got on with the job.   

But what would be the point?  No time - need those who want to be here, and fast. 

He's actually going to the bundesliga that's interesting. To be honest I'm not too bothered. He's shown flashes but not consistent and doesn't do anything particularly well. If he doesn't want to be here then he needs to move. We only want players who are fully committed to the club.