Relegation watch

Spanish

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We all want Rotherham to lose and that the gap between us and them remains. But does it not make sense, as an insurance policy, just in case Rotherham were to pick up some wins, that the likes of Brum, Coventry and Huddersfield don’t get ahead of us? None of us know what is going to happen so it is common sense to want that isn’t it? I really struggle to understand any Rams fan wanting anything other than that....

I don’t hope Brum win or anything. I’m just not going to hang myself if they do win. 

so many people already crying that we’re back in it now. Did anyone really, really expect us to beat Reading away today. This result alone doesn’t guarantee our relegation. Nor does Brum winning tomorrow. 

I learnt a valuable lesson during CBT. Don’t worry! If you can change it, do something about it, if you can’t change it, worrying about it is just wasted energy and creates anxieties. Change what you can, don’t worry about what you can’t. Thinking about all the what ifs will send you mad.

At the minute we’re 8 points off the relegation zone, which is 3 points more than where I thought we’d be. As long as that stays how it is, we can even afford to lose a couple when Rotherham win. We’re still a game clear of Brum and Coventry too. 

reading this thread, you’d assume were as good as down. I don’t know if some people just like to create drama. 

this season has been abysmal, but we are doing just enough to survive. No more, no less. Let’s just hope for a better season next time.

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t hope Brum win or anything. I’m just not going to hang myself if they do win. 

so many people already crying that we’re back in it now. Did anyone really, really expect us to beat Reading away today. This result alone doesn’t guarantee our relegation. Nor does Brum winning tomorrow. 

I learnt a valuable lesson during CBT. Don’t worry! If you can change it, do something about it, if you can’t change it, worrying about it is just wasted energy and creates anxieties. Change what you can, don’t worry about what you can’t. Thinking about all the what ifs will send you mad.

At the minute we’re 8 points off the relegation zone, which is 3 points more than where I thought we’d be. As long as that stays how it is, we can even afford to lose a couple when Rotherham win. We’re still a game clear of Brum and Coventry too. 

reading this thread, you’d assume were as good as down. I don’t know if some people just like to create drama. 

this season has been abysmal, but we are doing just enough to survive. No more, no less. Let’s just hope for a better season next time.

Think your complacency is staggering. We are really struggling, compounded by lots of injuries, relying heavily on youngsters and not far ahead of the drop. We are a point ahead of Coventry and 2 ahead of Brum, both of whom have a game in hand. We have Norwich next so the gap if anything will get tighter. Let’s hope at the very least Rotherham don’t go on a run, if they do we could be in real trouble ?

Most fed I've felt today. With injury issues really feel we are up against it. Teams around us seem to be up for the fight, even if its not consistent. Cant see us winning 3-0. Perhaps only upside is that injuries mean less tinkering as we will have a steady team that just need to somehow find the will to fight to stay up together

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think your complacency is staggering. We are really struggling, compounded by lots of injuries, relying heavily on youngsters and not far ahead of the drop. We are a point ahead of Coventry and 2 ahead of Brum, both of whom have a game in hand. We have Norwich next so the gap if anything will get tighter. Let’s hope at the very least Rotherham don’t go on a run, if they do we could be in real trouble ?

If they go in a run, I’ll worry about it then.

new might not get another point, but Rotherham would still need to pick up 8. They might not get another point. There’s as much chance of that happening as there is of us not picking up another point. 

what annoys me is the fact that people in this thread in particular will look at one weekends worth of results and extrapolate the whole season from that. It’s like my wife, she’ll have one bad day, then that means every day if her life has been bad, and every day from now on is going to be bad.

we were always likely to lose to Blackburn. And we will almost certainly lose to Norwich (maybe we won’t, but if you were a gambling man, you wouldn’t bet on us). So after the next match, there’s going to be even more doom and gloom on here, but the situation won’t have actually changed. 

we’ve all identified 2 to 3 more wins to be safe. We’ve all identified Blackburn and Preston as games we can get points from, and Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday are 6 pointers. 

do our jobs in those games, and we don’t really have to worry about anyone else. So the inevitable meltdown after Norwich is going to annoy me too. 

IF we lose to Blackburn, and then to Preston, and IF Rotherham start closing the gap to just 1 or 2 points, THEN I will start to worry, but until then, there’s really no need to be so dramatic. 

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We'll be a lot wiser by Friday of next week, Blues, Hudders, Cov and Weds will have played their game in hand Rotherham will have played 2 of their 4 games in hand, 2 of them against Hudders and Cov.

Rotherham have 2 home games against QPR and Coventry in the week next week, case of ?

new might not get another point, but Rotherham would still need to pick up 8. They might not get another point. There’s as much chance of that happening as there is of us not picking up another point. 

what annoys me is the fact that people in this thread in particular will look at one weekends worth of results and extrapolate the whole season from that. It’s like my wife, she’ll have one bad day, then that means every day if her life has been bad, and every day from now on is going to be bad.

we were always likely to lose to Blackburn. And we will almost certainly lose to Norwich (maybe we won’t, but if you were a gambling man, you wouldn’t bet on us). So after the next match, there’s going to be even more doom and gloom on here, but the situation won’t have actually changed. 

we’ve all identified 2 to 3 more wins to be safe. We’ve all identified Blackburn and Preston as games we can get points from, and Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday are 6 pointers. 

do our jobs in those games, and we don’t really have to worry about anyone else. So the inevitable meltdown after Norwich is going to annoy me too. 

IF we lose to Blackburn, and then to Preston, and IF Rotherham start closing the gap to just 1 or 2 points, THEN I will start to worry, but until then, there’s really no need to be so dramatic. 

If we do our jobs yes, an already poor side is now decimated by injuries too, I am not totally convinced we are better than anyone in the division currently. Rotherham have home games against QPR and Coventry next week, 2 of their games in hand. Let’s really hope both those games go our way...

if you extrapolate their form from the last 5 games then they'll be sitting on 40 from 40 with 6 to play. One of the downsides of CBT is that it isn't responsive to structural issues that exist and cannot be changed, merely it alters your attitude to them. I think the same is true here, the structural issue is the lack of assurance of our place in the league and our generally poor performances in the last dozen games. Those fundamental areas of concern are not going away and cannot be wished away, it is the very fact our squad and performances have been so weak that means we're generally doubting we can get those points in those games (which is why most people are concerned). 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't know why you're so confident about this season and if you're relying on "serious" investment (especially given P & S rules), I think you'll be disappointed. We're a poor team but I'm not sure we're nailed on for 24th next season even with this squad.

We won't have 'this squad'. Take away the out of contracts, loanees and a couple sold to keep the ship afloat and we are far weaker.

P&S will be relaxed due to Covid or 20 teams will fail it. Our wage bill is now low for a Championship team in normal financial times. I'd suggest that P&S isn't going to be an issue. It will just be a question of whether we have an owner/s who is willing and able to finance a rebuild. I think there'll be lots of bargains to be had so a 'little' investment will go a long way, but we will still need several million to avoid the drop, and I don't think that cash is coming from Mel.

As for this season, I think we would actually stay up without gaining another point. We're 8 points clear and sides at the bottom just don't win many points.