Relegation watch

Spanish

Wycombe has done us a favour today. Knew we would be scrapping for a possible 1 point but it wasn't to be. Norwich is a free hit as no one would expect us to get any points from them on Saturday. At least we had some shots on target so that's a bit more encouraging. The worrying thing for me is Byrne going off. He is one of the few plusses of this sorry season. We need him back asap. Two more wins will do it but I don't know which matches? Luck is also needed and from looking at the Sheff Wed v Cardiff game Wednesday seem to have found some currently 5-0. WTF

Just now, eccles the ram said:

Wycombe has done us a favour today. Knew we would be scrapping for a possible 1 point but it wasn't to be. Norwich is a free hit as no one would expect us to get any points from them on Saturday. At least we had some shots on target so that's a bit more encouraging. The worrying thing for me is Byrne going off. He is one of the few plusses of this sorry season. We need him back asap. Two more wins will do it but I don't know which matches? Luck is also needed and from looking at the Sheff Wed v Cardiff game Wednesday seem to have found some currently 5-0. WTF

Losing is not a free hit

1 minute ago, eccles the ram said:

Swansea are in awful nick but you know what happens when teams who can’t buy a win play us 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We won't have 'this squad'. Take away the out of contracts, loanees and a couple sold to keep the ship afloat and we are far weaker.

P&S will be relaxed due to Covid or 20 teams will fail it. Our wage bill is now low for a Championship team in normal financial times. I'd suggest that P&S isn't going to be an issue. It will just be a question of whether we have an owner/s who is willing and able to finance a rebuild. I think there'll be lots of bargains to be had so a 'little' investment will go a long way, but we will still need several million to avoid the drop, and I don't think that cash is coming from Mel.

As for this season, I think we would actually stay up without gaining another point. We're 8 points clear and sides at the bottom just don't win many points.

I hope you're right about this season. I have us down for two more points before the last game and then, if we lose to Wednesday, it going down to goal difference or a single point.

I can't see a big investor coming in and splashing the cash in the summer and next season will be tough but I'm not sure I've got us penciled in for 24th yet.

As for P&S, I wonder if they'll relax it to an extent to allow for Covid but not completely. I can imagine the EFL making allowances for loss of income this year but not allow clubs to spend freely.