Relegation watch

Spanish

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Wednesday making scoring look incredibly easy tonight. How do we make it look so difficult

By not trying to do it. 

By obsessing so much about the opposition's game that we forget about our own?

By having a manager who wants so desperately to be a tactical genius at the expense of trying to win?

By being awful?

I'm not that concerned about Wednesday. They had 8 losses in their previous 10 games before today. If we let a team like that turn an 8 point deficit around in 6 games, we don't just deserve relegation, we deserve winding up.

32 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'm not that concerned about Wednesday. They had 8 losses in their previous 10 games before today. If we let a team like that turn an 8 point deficit around in 6 games, we don't just deserve relegation, we deserve winding up.

Deserve winding up? Don't talk soft.

Its all about points in the bag at this stage of the season. Games in hand are good to have providing you've got some good form or able to find some form. Its easy to look at the table and state Rotherham and others have games in hand, They've got to win them. The key date will be Tuesday the 13th (unlucky for some) Hudderfield who have 2 games in hand over the Rams, play Bournemouth that night. Sheff Weds who have 1 game in hand over the Rams, play that game against Swansea. Meanwhile (Covid card tricks) Rotherham play 1 of their 4 games in against QPR.

Key games up to the end of the season are Hudderfield v Rotherham this Saturday. Other matches Huddersfield v Coventry, Birmingham v Rams, Rotherham v Birmingham, Rotherham v Coventry, Rams v Sheff W.

Rotherham from this Saturday included, play 5 games in 11 days, 3 of them matches are against Hudderfield, Coventry and Birmingham. Somebody or both teams could be dropping points there. There is so many things against the current bottom 3, Wycombe Have a terrible goal diff of -32 and have tasted defeat 23 times, with 6 games left I predict they will finish bottom on approx 42 points. Sheff Wed have done really well tonight thumping Cardiff 5-0 but including that match have only picked up 7pts in their last 7 games. I can't see any change in their form and predict them to finish 23rd on approx 43 points.  Rotherham have a massive 10 matches to cram in 28 days, its a big ask to win more than 2 of their 4 games in hand over Derby. I predict they will finish on 46 points maximum having only won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10 matches.

So not having to rely on the down fall of teams below us, because its still in our hands. 50 points is the magic figure and with injuries currently in our squad I think we can only reach around that magic number.

15 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Its all about points in the bag at this stage of the season. Games in hand are good to have providing you've got some good form or able to find some form. Its easy to look at the table and state Rotherham and others have games in hand, They've got to win them. The key date will be Tuesday the 13th (unlucky for some) Hudderfield who have 2 games in hand over the Rams, play Bournemouth that night. Sheff Weds who have 1 game in hand over the Rams, play that game against Swansea. Meanwhile (Covid card tricks) Rotherham play 1 of their 4 games in against QPR.

Key games up to the end of the season are Hudderfield v Rotherham this Saturday. Other matches Huddersfield v Coventry, Birmingham v Rams, Rotherham v Birmingham, Rotherham v Coventry, Rams v Sheff W.

Rotherham from this Saturday included, play 5 games in 11 days, 3 of them matches are against Hudderfield, Coventry and Birmingham. Somebody or both teams could be dropping points there. There is so many things against the current bottom 3, Wycombe Have a terrible goal diff of -32 and have tasted defeat 23 times, with 6 games left I predict they will finish bottom on approx 42 points. Sheff Wed have done really well tonight thumping Cardiff 5-0 but including that match have only picked up 7pts in their last 7 games. I can't see any change in their form and predict them to finish 23rd on approx 43 points.  Rotherham have a massive 10 matches to cram in 28 days, its a big ask to win more than 2 of their 4 games in hand over Derby. I predict they will finish on 46 points maximum having only won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10 matches.

So not having to rely on the down fall of teams below us, because its still in our hands. 50 points is the magic figure and with injuries currently in our squad I think we can only reach around that magic number.

Won’t need 50 points I don’t think, 48 should do it, a win and 2 draws....

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I hope you're right about this season. I have us down for two more points before the last game and then, if we lose to Wednesday, it going down to goal difference or a single point.

I can't see a big investor coming in and splashing the cash in the summer and next season will be tough but I'm not sure I've got us penciled in for 24th yet.

As for P&S, I wonder if they'll relax it to an extent to allow for Covid but not completely. I can imagine the EFL making allowances for loss of income this year but not allow clubs to spend freely.

Every Championship side must have made a loss this season and I am certain we have not spent freely.

29 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

But our goal difference ain't as bad compared with Wycombe, Birmingham & Coventry. Also if Wednesday lose their game in hand it could be worse again.

If Rotherham and/or Weds get level on points with us, their GD will be much better than ours.

23 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Every Championship side must have made a loss this season and I am certain we have not spent freely.

I wasn’t suggesting we have spent freely. I was replying to a comment that suggested we required a big investment in the summer. I was saying I didn’t think the EFL would allow such free spending even if P&S rules were relaxed in any way.

16 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If Rotherham and/or Weds get level on points with us, their GD will be much better than ours.

And Birmingham, Coventry Only 2 and 1 point behind us would also have to get above us. Its not going to be a goal difference thats going to save them two if they finish on the same points as either Sheff Wed or Rotherham.

With our final 6 games as they are, including home games against Birmingham and Sheff Weds, if we cant get the results from those games we will deserve to go down.

It’s in our hands. It’s all about us. Play like the past 2 games we will be fine. Play like the 7 games before the international break then it will be touch and go. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Won’t need 50 points I don’t think, 48 should do it, a win and 2 draws....

Depends where we get those points from. Beat Brum and draw against Wendies for that to be true I think. If the teams below us win their games in hand then we are in the bottom three. Just saying for a friend