Relegation watch

Spanish

Too many IF's for me. If teams win their games in hand. If Rotherham go on a run. If Sheff Wed go on a run. If 3 teams below us, finish above us at the end of the season. If Derby lose all 6 matches they have left to play.

We are staying up......................................................................IF we get more points than just 3 teams in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

A big 3 games ahead, we only need to get 3 points from those games. One win, surely we can do that. 

We should then be looking to get at least 4 points from Birmingham or Sheff Wednesday at home. Swansea away we can kiss goodbye to any points there. 

I wouldn't write off the Swansea game entirely. We've had a good recent record against them, having taken something off them the last seven times we've played them, and their form has started to stutter a bit. They've gone four games without a goal, and there always seems to be one team at the top that tanks at the end of every season.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Its all about points in the bag at this stage of the season. Games in hand are good to have providing you've got some good form or able to find some form. Its easy to look at the table and state Rotherham and others have games in hand, They've got to win them. The key date will be Tuesday the 13th (unlucky for some) Hudderfield who have 2 games in hand over the Rams, play Bournemouth that night. Sheff Weds who have 1 game in hand over the Rams, play that game against Swansea. Meanwhile (Covid card tricks) Rotherham play 1 of their 4 games in against QPR.

Key games up to the end of the season are Hudderfield v Rotherham this Saturday. Other matches Huddersfield v Coventry, Birmingham v Rams, Rotherham v Birmingham, Rotherham v Coventry, Rams v Sheff W.

Rotherham from this Saturday included, play 5 games in 11 days, 3 of them matches are against Hudderfield, Coventry and Birmingham. Somebody or both teams could be dropping points there. There is so many things against the current bottom 3, Wycombe Have a terrible goal diff of -32 and have tasted defeat 23 times, with 6 games left I predict they will finish bottom on approx 42 points. Sheff Wed have done really well tonight thumping Cardiff 5-0 but including that match have only picked up 7pts in their last 7 games. I can't see any change in their form and predict them to finish 23rd on approx 43 points.  Rotherham have a massive 10 matches to cram in 28 days, its a big ask to win more than 2 of their 4 games in hand over Derby. I predict they will finish on 46 points maximum having only won 2 and lost 8 of their last 10 matches.

So not having to rely on the down fall of teams below us, because its still in our hands. 50 points is the magic figure and with injuries currently in our squad I think we can only reach around that magic number.

Cannot see Rovrum winning only two out of ten games

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think they'll do a little better than that, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. They've only won 2 out of their last 10 games, the other 8 being losses.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I just checked the fixtures and instantly fell into a deep depression. 

Not with the games per se, but with the realisation this dreadful season has another month to limp along before we reach its pitiful conclusion.... ?

The season needs putting out of its misery....... 

Yep, just want it to end....quite hopeful for Derbyshire this season ?

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You've read it wrong, I stated that "its a big ask to win more than 2 of their 4 games in hand". I predict they will finish on 46 points maximum, which means they will pick 11 points from now until they end of the season. Seeing they have 35 points from 36 games, they are averaging approx a point per game. So predicting them to get another 11 in their remaining 10 games, I'm being rather generous when you consider they only have 28 days with 10 big games to play. Besides all that, their last 10 matches produced only 2 wins and 8 lost.

It really is starting to look grim now isn’t it. I feel like it’s our time to go down. I really do. It’s a toss up between us and Rotherham. I think blues will somehow survive and cov to clinch it. Hopefully Rotherham stumble. But I want to see us attack because at the moment we play for draws basically. If we somehow limp our way into next season I want Rooney to change his tactics otherwise we’ll go down simple as that. 

15 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's really good Rotherham lost today but they still have 4 games in hand on us. They've still picked up 6 points from the last 5, if they replicate that they'll be 3 points shy of us with 6 games to play. The thinking that we're '8 point clear' is flawed, I don't think they're going to lose every single game they have in hand even after todays result. Realistically we're anywhere between 6 or 2 points clear of the drop with 6 to play- we're going to need to pick up points at Preston (who just beat swansea) and Blackburn I think if we want to survive. If it goes down to the last couple of games I really don't like our chances as I don't have any confidence this squad can perform under pressure. 

Rotherham have won 2 of their last 10 games and lost the  last 5 at home they have a run of 4 games  in 8 days with a small squad. Rotherham’s form is not one of a club going to get the points required and law of averages says that with such a run of games in a short space of time they will pick up injuries and be fatigued. 
I think Rovrum will struggle to get the points we have now , if they do fair play .

27 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If we can't beat them at home, we deserve to go down and as much as I'd hate it, we wouldn't deserve to stay up. 

What, even if we beat Norwich, Blackburn, Swansea and Preston or, they both lose every other game apart from beating us? 

I know neither of those things are likely to happen but it just reinforces the point that the teams that “deserve to go down” are simply those that end up in the bottom three regardless of how they actually perform against each other.