Relegation watch

Spanish

1 minute ago, Rev said:

C'mon mate, you're amongst friends here, you can say it, you'll feel better I promise.

Your wife is from Yorkshire, isn't she?

How dare you! She's from the West Midlands. Her parents moved down before she was born. 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Stranger things have happened. Do we really want to be leaving such things to chance?

While there is a mathematical possibility, we have to get results to make absolutely sure nothing like that can hamper us, especially as we play them on the final day.

I’m agreeing with you on that point, we need to get a win it’s just 1 might be enough now instead of 2.

We have a massive opportunity this week now to put this to bed - but how many times have we said that this season?! 

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I'm not obsessed or 'owt, but make that after 44 mins.

Thank you for the update. Rovrum or Rams appear to be going down. Would help if we beat PNE and Boro beat Rovrum but hey who knows. The teams above us have upped their game but we have not.

Surviving relegation after winning some crucial, high pressure games, could really give us some momentum going into next season.

I'm not sure how that works though if you end the season with about 7 defeats on the row, but stay up cos Rotherham failed to get more than 6 points from their 18 games in hand.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

There’s no point getting ahead of ourselves just yet.

Yes, Rotherham and Wednesday have dropped the ball in recent days.

But we can’t afford to get complacent. That is what got us into this position in the first place.

We still need a minimum of 4 points from our last four games to put things beyond any doubt.

That we not be mathematically true. Rovrum have 18 points to play for this season.

28 minutes ago, Rev said:

C'mon mate, you're amongst friends here, you can say it, you'll feel better I promise.

Your wife is from Yorkshire, isn't she?

Yes she is and she frequents this establishment ?.

She’s actually from the Wybourn which will only mean something to people who know Sheffield.

16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

That we not be mathematically true. Rovrum have 18 points to play for this season.

True. They do have 18 points to play for and can still turn things around.

I just wonder how damaging the past two results will have been. Even two draws would have put them in a position of real strength, belief and confidence. Now surely that will be flagging?

I actually think Wednesday are the team to watch. Everyone thinks they are down and they are not a threat but they still have two winnable home games left and they travel to Boro too who are in rotten form as of late.

They can still feasibly put themselves in a position where they need to win on the last day to overtake us and that is a worry for me.

But again it is down to us to put things beyond doubt, be it 4 points or 14 points needed. Until we put the work in, I won’t relax.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

We have absolutely no need to keep in touch with teams above us though, there are no prizes for finishing 19th rather than 21st!

The only thing that matters is keeping the team in 22nd as far away from us as possible.

I’d far rather have three or four teams in the mix than rely on one as most of you are! Not a mention for Coventry, far from safe. Read a comment if we win on Tue we are safe. Wow I think not, far from it even with a W. 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I sometimes wish I wasn’t....I definitely wish I had told my son to support someone else...it’s a lifetime of let down and misery..... i have spent more money, time and energy following them all over the world than you will ever get the chance to don’t you worry about that. 

Misery? I thought you loved midtable mediocrity.