Relegation watch

Spanish

8 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We have absolutely no need to keep in touch with teams above us though, there are no prizes for finishing 19th rather than 21st!

The only thing that matters is keeping the team in 22nd as far away from us as possible.

If they’d drawn we’d have had to do slightly better than EITHER R or B to avoid relegation. 
If we lose touch with B, we have to do better than R alone. 

hopefully Barnsley will put Cov well in the mix in a few minutes. tho on your logic you don’t care about that match.

Any road up, not a great way to spend a sunny Sunday 

Talk about over-exaggerated optimism on here. Perhaps we should rest a few players against PNE, Birmingham and Swansea so they are good and ready for the Owls if need be. 

Should be fine being as our remaining opponents are planning, for various reasons, to give us a free pass.

There’s no point getting ahead of ourselves just yet.

Yes, Rotherham and Wednesday have dropped the ball in recent days.

But we can’t afford to get complacent. That is what got us into this position in the first place.

We still need a minimum of 4 points from our last four games to put things beyond any doubt.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

That's crazy thinking. We only have to finish 21st. Just keep Rotherham below us.

Also, if Brum are safe when we play them we have more chance of them slacking off, experimenting with the team.

We’ll see. It is in the lap of the Gods whether or not R go on a charge. Out of our hands. But if they do, it’s still quite possible that, say, Cov will lose 3 of their last 4 games. The more routes out of jail we have, the better 

17 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Even more importantly, after we beat Preston on Tuesday, I'll only ever have to watch one more Rotherham game this season as they pee away yet another 2 or 3 points to Middlesbro on Wednesday.

Any reason they keep getting to play there matches behind us or do they normally play Wednesday. Are they getting additional space due to fixture backlog. The games in hand are advantage enough without knowing the points difference eveytime they play Never happen in the league above 

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There’s no point getting ahead of ourselves just yet.

Yes, Rotherham and Wednesday have dropped the ball in recent days.

But we can’t afford to get complacent. That is what got us into this position in the first place.

We still need a minimum of 4 points from our last four games to put things beyond any doubt.

No one is getting ahead of themselves and no one is complacent but this result is seismic. You’re saying minimum 4 points to put things beyond doubt, I think you’re right with this but before the game it was probably 6 or 7 points to make sure. 

We have an opportunity to bury Rotherham now in the next 2 games and make the end of the season more comfortable. But we need to get this done, scraping draws here or there is dangerous and could lead to us going down (and deservedly so).

We will get it done this week but then I’m an optimist.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Any reason they keep getting to play there matches behind us or do they normally play Wednesday. Are they getting additional space due to fixture backlog. The games in hand are advantage enough without knowing the points difference eveytime they play Never happen in the league above 

I think the Thursday game meant Sat game got moved to Sun so their Tues game got moved to Weds. Back to normal from Sat though I believe other than their games in hand.

Edited by DCFC1388

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think the media, the efl, the bbc and NASA fixed it cos they all hate us.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Win our next 2 and we are safe, get 4pts and we're almost there. 3pts not bad if Roth only pick up max 1, 1 or 2pts whilst not great will do if Roth get 0pts.

I want mathematical certainty before I start using words like 'safe'