Relegation watch

Spanish

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If the big 6 do leave it could end uo meaning that there is no relegation from the Prem which in turn will mean more teams promoted from the Championship and hopefully no relegation for this season, wlcould be good news for us!

In the very short-term, possibly, but poo for the long-term future of the game......

On 16/04/2021 at 17:59, Kernow said:

This weekend’s games look pretty straight forward in terms of who we want to win and not to win, unlike last night.

I thought I’d look at them before we played so I’m not too negative or positive about our fate based on whatever the score is tonight.

Saturday:

Forest v Hudds - Come on you Reds!

Sheff We’d v Bristol City - Brizzle win

Stoke v PNE - Potters win

Sunday:

Rotherham v Birmingham - Brum win

Coventry v Barnsley - Tykes win

All the above, combined with 3 points tonight would go a long way to ensuring fans will be returning to the likes of Sheffield United & Fulham at Pride Park rather than Cheltenham & Cambridge.

You got one right, Kernow. About the same as me.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, I meant the breakaway league will be very bad for the game...

I disagree, there would be better competition in the top league rather than it being based on the richest. Sky deal would be lower but would mean that the whole financial structure of the domestic leagues can restructured and more fairly.

Also, if players get banned from international football if they play in the 'Super League' it wont last very long and when these clubs come crawling back they can start at the very bottom of the football pyramid!

29 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I disagree, there would be better competition in the top league rather than it being based on the richest. Sky deal would be lower but would mean that the whole financial structure of the domestic leagues can restructured and more fairly.

Also, if players get banned from international football if they play in the 'Super League' it wont last very long and when these clubs come crawling back they can start at the very bottom of the football pyramid!

Have to agree to disagree, totally ?

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

If the big 6 do leave it could end uo meaning that there is no relegation from the Prem which in turn will mean more teams promoted from the Championship and hopefully no relegation for this season, wlcould be good news for us!

Down side to that is strong chance of Leicester City then being premier league champions for the next 12 year.

well not much to say really.  The ones in front just about have a cushion.  We need to win to make tomorrow nights matches important (apart from Rovrum)

Sheff Wed19:00Blackburn

I don't feel Wendy have a chance of survival

Wycombe are effectively down if we win tonight.  They will only be able to match our points and the goal diff is too much.  Officially they will get another game

Edited by Spanish

20 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Down side to that is strong chance of Leicester City then being premier league champions for the next 12 year.

The so called big six are not leaving the premier League, this super League will be a midweek fixture for them. Well that's my understanding of it anyroad ?

20 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

The so called big six are not leaving the premier League, this super League will be a midweek fixture for them. Well that's my understanding of it anyroad ?

The Premier League rules state they will be removed with it not being a UEFA/FIFA sanctioned competition.