Relegation watch

Spanish

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

True. They do have 18 points to play for and can still turn things around.

I just wonder how damaging the past two results will have been. Even two draws would have put them in a position of real strength, belief and confidence. Now surely that will be flagging?

I actually think Wednesday are the team to watch. Everyone thinks they are down and they are not a threat but they still have two winnable home games left and they travel to Boro too who are in rotten form as of late.

They can still feasibly put themselves in a position where they need to win on the last day to overtake us and that is a worry for me.

But again it is down to us to put things beyond doubt, be it 4 points or 14 points needed. Until we put the work in, I won’t relax.

You can relax if it becomes impossible for us to go down even if the Rams don't put the work in

Im sure last week Cov fans thought they couldnt see a win coming and they have won 2 in a row. Im sure Huddersfield fans thought the same and they beat Forest away. 

I know a lot of fans think that they cant see us winning but that doesnt mean we cant or wont. We have played pretty well in all 4 games since the international break and have deserved more than 3pts from them. Carry on playing like we have then a win will come, we just need to tighten up defensively. All the talk is us not scoring enough goals but we have scored 4 in 4 but only kept 1 clean sheet, dont concede = dont lose. Covs last 2 wins both 1-0, Hudd whose defence has looked awful recently won 2-0 this weekend. Birmingham have kept 4 clean sheets in a row.

What could be in our favour, we play Tuesday against Preston and if we win it puts more pressure on Rotherham to get 3 pts against M'Boro on the Wednesday. The big problem is, if we lose at Preston, Rotherham will be up for it. Still a big ask for Rotherham to play 6 more matches in 19 days especially with 2 matches against teams in the play off mix. Another stat on Rotherham, the current top half of the table (top 12) Rotherham have only beaten 2 teams, a 3-0 win over M'Boro and their recent 3-1 win against QPR. Out of their 6 remaining fixtures they have 4 teams to play from the top half of the table. On the worrying side, their last 3 matches Blackburn, Luton and Cardiff will have nothing to play for. So I hope by then they are down and we are not at a disadvantage.

23 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

Derby four games left,

Line Of Duty two more episodes.

I cannot take much more suspense.?

You’ve got to admit this is a much more engaging end to the season than mid table mediocrity (I’m assuming we will survive). My wife kept asking why I was watching Roverham on the telly at lunchtime on a lovely spring Sunday 

12 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

There are nearly as many twists and turns in Line of Duty, than Derby’s back and sideways passing.

Isn't it about time we got an OCG buying our club? Forget changing the amortisation rules and taking court action against former employees, let's start referee intimidation and blackmail oppo goalkeepers. Get some of the weaker academy prospects into football administration and in 20 years, we'll have our own people running the game on the inside. Forget crying about fair play in the media, if a rival is spying on our training session, beat up one of their people.

If we controlled the police, by now Keogh would have returned from his freak shower injury and be leading us to glory. Or not.

18 hours ago, Coconut said:

If you extend your logic further it's better for us to be 22nd going into the final game (which is what would happen if Rotherham pick up points and we don't) with the possibility of needing to outperform 2-3 teams to stay up, than it is to go into the final game in 20th with just needing to equal the result of the team below us.

But you wouldn’t need to outperform 2-3 teams to stay up. I’m happy to crawl out of the bottom three above one team I’m not greedy. 

15 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

You’ve got to admit this is a much more engaging end to the season than mid table mediocrity (I’m assuming we will survive). My wife kept asking why I was watching Roverham on the telly at lunchtime on a lovely spring Sunday 

This is a good valid point...imagine no promotion and relegation like the big boys want.....would make most of the season a bore....promotion/relegation/play offs etc keep the interest for the majority for most of the season ....FWIW we will beat PNE and it won't go to last game just my opinion