Relegation watch

Spanish

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ah the much maligned Rowett who has a load of League one players, our cast offs and Wallace whose pretty decent in 9th place.

Glad he's not here anymore.

Thank you for the cast-offs!!! It's not often you get a decent Championship players for free or less than a £500k, let alone pick up 3 decent Championship players!!!

Brentford commentators were full of praise for Malone today, and easily one of our players of the season. 

Got anymore?

You'll probably stay up if Rotherham don't win tomorrow, 10 games in 28 days is a lot for a squad the size of Rotherham to go through. I'd be concerned for now though, but I don't see Rotherham getting enough points to trouble you. My 2 cents worth, then again I thought you'd be in play-offs this season, so what do I know. 

Edited by Allovertheplace

20 minutes ago, Allovertheplace said:

Thank you for the cast-offs!!! It's not often you get a decent Championship players for free or less than a £500k, let alone pick up 3 decent Championship players!!!

Brentford commentators were full of praise for Malone today, and easily one of our players of the season. 

Got anymore?

You'll probably stay up if Rotherham don't win tomorrow, 10 games in 28 days is a lot for a squad the size of Rotherham to go through. I'd be concerned for now though, but I don't see Rotherham getting enough points to trouble you. My 2 cents worth, then again I thought you'd be in play-offs this season, so what do I know. 

You've had Evans who I saw on Sky make a mess of defending. What more do you want? ?

We need to at the minimum match Rotherhams points totals in their next 4 games in our next 2.

Bham (H)

Boro (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brentford (A)

Its not over for us yet, say if Roth draw their next 2 which may be hard with the amount of games they play and we can maybe get 4pts from Preston & Bham then that would put us 6pts ahead with us having 2 to play and Rotherham having 3 which are Blackburn (H), Luton (A) & Cardiff (A). I think (and hope) they will struggle after so many games to get anything away to Barnsley & Brentford.

33 minutes ago, Allovertheplace said:

Got anymore?

As much as the rest of us most likely....?

2 hours ago, Allovertheplace said:

Got anymore?

Evans was always tidy if injury prone. Malone had a few good games then was dreadful at times, but he seems to have been like that through his career.  At one time he was linked with Dortmund. Seem to recall he was with you before and a lot of your fans were not to keen. 

Bennetts pants and seems to have the mental capacity of an amoeba. No way your convincing me he's anything else.

You forgot Pearce who was always solid. Don't think we let him go as he wasn't decent, but under Lampard he never played.

If Rotherham win tomorrow we're done.  The fat ladies already warmed up her tonsils.

I have to say that anything other than relegation and I reckon I am going to be disappointed now. I have been looking at the teams we would get to play and I’m really looking forward to It. got to be better than playing Reading, Boro, Huddersfield, QPR, Preston every....single...week...

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I have to say that anything other than relegation and I reckon I am going to be disappointed now. I have been looking at the teams we would get to play and I’m really looking forward to It. got to be better than playing Reading, Boro, Huddersfield, QPR, Preston every....single...week...

I’ve got to admit, I’m quite looking forward to the idea if bossing league 1 for a season or 2, rather than the same old poo in the championship. 

Interesting Rotherham manager has said three wins which for them is 48 points. I think that’s what they will end up with. We need 2 wins in the last 4. Anything less and we’re probably relying on goal difference which isn’t in our favour. 

We have to win one of these 2 games as an absolute minimum, anything less we’ll be almost done. And that’s from an optimist. 

If Cov beat Barnsley today then it’s between us and Rotherham for that final spot. Can you imagine their chairman on the last day if that happens?! Let’s not let it happen boys!! 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I'm convinced you're not a Derby fan. Convinced. 

9 hours ago, Allovertheplace said:

Got anymore?

Always worth following Derby's squad. We buy high, sell low & are good for 'cast offs' that inevitably do well under stable & competent management elsewhere. It's the reason we're now skint & flirting with the drop.

Was particularly disappointed we let Evans go, thought he had the makings of a good Championship CB & Malone was nowhere near as bad as some on here thought, think stupidly high wages had a hand in that decision. Bennett had to go for off field reasons really & Pearce barely played.

Others? Marriott would definintely thrive in a Millwall side. Pretty ordinary as a lone man up top in a possession based team but in a side looking to counter with direct passes over the top, he'll bag plenty. Waghorn gets plenty of stick on here but he's another one I could see doing well in a more direct side.

32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve got to admit, I’m quite looking forward to the idea if bossing league 1 for a season or 2, rather than the same old poo in the championship. 

What makes you think we’ll be bossing it?  I rather suspect you’ll be disappointed but hope I’m wrong.

For my sanity I’m trying to convince myself that:

1. We’ll be an average team in the division (which is obviously an improvement on this year)

2. Some new grounds to visit (although, depending on relegation an promotion I’ve already been to about a dozen)

3. A chance to reset and rebuild (although it’s going to take a few years)

4. Less traffic getting away from PP (although Accrington Stanley at home on a Tuesday night doesn’t sound like much fun).

A rather pessimistic view but I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than depressingly disappointed.

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Always worth following Derby's squad. We buy high, sell low & are good for 'cast offs' that inevitably do well under stable & competent management elsewhere. It's the reason we're now skint & flirting with the drop.

Was particularly disappointed we let Evans go, thought he had the makings of a good Championship CB & Malone was nowhere near as bad as some on here thought, think stupidly high wages had a hand in that decision. Bennett had to go for off field reasons really & Pearce barely played.

Others? Marriott would definintely thrive in a Millwall side. Pretty ordinary as a lone man up top in a possession based team but in a side looking to counter with direct passes over the top, he'll bag plenty. Waghorn gets plenty of stick on here but he's another one I could see doing well in a more direct side.

Well said and a marked contrast to some of the arrogant and dismissive comments about our players (past and present) I read on the Forum.

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Agree with all that but actually with our recent move to playing with two strikers Marriott would actually have more joy now in our team I think. But like Malone, big wages.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well said and a marked contrast to some of the arrogant and dismissive comments about our players (past and present) I read on the Forum.

Thanks Angie

There's still a strong view on here that the main problem is the players. Countless comments about needing a 'squad overhaul' & 'a clear out' when the real problem is management, a settled style of play & value recruiting specifically to that.

We've been less than the sum of our parts all season & that's been the case for many years now.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree with all that but actually with our recent move to playing with two strikers Marriott would actually have more joy now in our team I think. But like Malone, big wages.

Definitely, Marriott playing off Kazim in theory should be a mouthwatering prospect.

Wages a definite factor but Marriott was also contributing very little even when he wasn't injured. Also seems apparent Rooney doesn't rate him/has fallen out with him which would be the main issue