Relegation watch

Spanish

Ignoring your pessimism over our form etc how many points can you honestly see Rotherham getting in their final 7 games? This is a team who have a small squad, fixture pile up & have recently lost at home to Wycombe & Cov.

Their remaining 7 -

Bham (H)

Boro (H) - 4th game in 8 days

Barnsley (A)

Brentford (A) - Game in hand

Blackburn (H)

Luton (A) - Game in hand

Cardiff (A)

I think they may get 6pts? 1 win and 3 draws seems a fair return from them 7.

We need 1 win based off that, can we get it though?! 

Edited by DCFC1388

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I sometimes wish I wasn’t....I definitely wish I had told my son to support someone else...it’s a lifetime of let down and misery..... i have spent more money, time and energy following them all over the world than you will ever get the chance to don’t you worry about that. 

Yep both my boys have opted for Liverpool and I nearly like them as much as you do!....

....I did really try to get them to support DCFC, (honest, your honour!) but I think them seeing me, looking depressed and suicidal on a very regular basis, put them off!

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yep both my boys have opted for Liverpool and I nearly like them as much as you do!....

....I did really try to get them to support DCFC, (honest, your honour!) but I think them seeing me, looking depressed and suicidal on a very regular basis, put them off!

I tend to think that being a Derby fan is character building and prepares you for the life of ups and downs that we all experience.   Well actually for a lot of us it is a genetic defect usually passed on by your parents 

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

My father and all his family are from Manchester, I could have had a lifetime of following United all over Europe....instead,look at the crap I got. Ha ha 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

My father and all his family are from Manchester, I could have had a lifetime of following United all over Europe....instead,look at the crap I got. Ha ha 

A return train fare to Crewe and a bag of chips is infinitely less expensive that an Easyjet tour of Europe and overpriced lager. Think of your wallet.

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It doesn’t really matter what happens today.  

Here goes the positive spin;

Brum win, great keeps Rov behind and 1 of the game in hand is gone

Draw, great keeps rov behind us and Brum remain in touching distance

Rov win, great back in our hands now, win the remaining games and we will finish in front of Brum.

Having said that, c'mon Brum.

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Rov win, great back in our hands now, win the remaining games and we will finish in front of Brum.

Absolutely. Any result could have positive or negative impacts. 

On balance, I think my order of preference would be:

1) A draw (as you say, likely to keep Brum in the mix and Rotherham don’t make up too much ground)

2) Birmingham win

3) Rotherham win

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely. Any result could have positive or negative impacts. 

On balance, I think my order of preference would be:

1) A draw (as you say, likely to keep Brum in the mix and Rotherham don’t make up too much ground)

2) Birmingham win

3) Rotherham win

subjectively I don't think Brum will get relegated.  It is a 2 horse race currently but Coventry could possibly join it if they are especially poo

23 minutes ago, Spanish said:

ROFL - funniest thing I've read all year....