Relegation watch

Spanish

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

My Sunderland mate thought that too

24 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

And my Sunderland mate also thought that...

To be fair they still finish top 6 every season and will likely be promoted in the next couple of years, if not this year. They'll come back in a better state than they were when relegated.

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Rotherham12:00Birmingham

Coventry15:00Barnsley

Here we go gain, another match day and the pressure continues to mount.  Obviously, Brum and Barnsley to win please.  I don't see Brum being relegated based on their form over the last 5 games

If Rotherham beat Birmingham then it's officially "back in our own hands" ?

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Always worth following Derby's squad. We buy high, sell low & are good for 'cast offs' that inevitably do well under stable & competent management elsewhere. It's the reason we're now skint & flirting with the drop.

Was particularly disappointed we let Evans go, thought he had the makings of a good Championship CB & Malone was nowhere near as bad as some on here thought, think stupidly high wages had a hand in that decision. Bennett had to go for off field reasons really & Pearce barely played.

Others? Marriott would definintely thrive in a Millwall side. Pretty ordinary as a lone man up top in a possession based team but in a side looking to counter with direct passes over the top, he'll bag plenty. Waghorn gets plenty of stick on here but he's another one I could see doing well in a more direct side.

Spot on. Marriott was good under Lampard when he actually played as he fit the style of play. He likes to play on the shoulder and run in behind, he's rubbish with his back to goal. He was useless under Cocu's slow possession game.You don't just become a bad player overnight.

Waghorn is a good player, I just don't know what's happened to him. Remember in the second half of this first season, when Lampard actually decided to play him down the middle, he was lobbing keepers and all sorts - that goal away at Birmingham.

It's what we do at Derby. Because we never have stable management we end up with problems like this. Players who just turn to crap. Not to mention our ridiculous transfer activity over the years, paying over the odds for average players with no resale value. It's just no way to run a football club. And now we're seeing the impact of all these terrible decisions. On the verge of relegation to League One.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. This group of players should not be going down. Still don’t think they will but a win for R today will give them v dangerous momentum. High noon 

The bigger issue is that it's hard to see where we're going to pick up any more points - for all the positive play we've seen in a few of the recent games we are still stuggling to put the ball in the net - and we're always liable to ship goals...

Effectively Rotheram only need 4 points (with their already superior goal difference) to overtake us....

Edited by Gaspode

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If Birmingham and Coventry win today then it will probably be a two horse race. Rovrum v Rams. Looking bleak unless we can get 7 more points imo.

To be honest given our form i think its been a two horse race for a while for the last relegation spot,I hope Birmingham do win today which leaves us with a better chance i think of staying up,win the two homes games we are on 49pts that would leave Rotherham 6 games to get 11 points which is a big ask,maybe 10 if goal difference plays a part

However given our form its a big ask to win our two home games

Surely the only option from our point of view is a Birmingham win, something I would have been horrified about suggesting even just a fortnight ago. We're struggling to win any points so I'm not optimistic about catching those above us in the table - our best hope of surviving the drop is if Rotherham fail to take advantage of their games in hand. If they lose today then barring a big win, they will need to get the full 6 points from their remaining 2 games in hand to overtake us.

We still need to pick up points to keep them at arms length - ideally 6 but a minimum of 4, but that's assuming Rotherhams' fixture backlog takes its' toll.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If Birmingham and Coventry win today then it will probably be a two horse race. Rovrum v Rams. Looking bleak unless we can get 7 more points imo.

I think 49 pts will just be enough, so 2 wins will do, but that is based on Brum winning today. Agree, it is going to be a shootout between us and Rotherham....and 2 wins in 4 games seems a mountain to climb to me...

If Rotherham win today it will make everything more tense and it will increase the pressure significantly, but it won’t change anything.

We won’t be relegated as a result of what happens today. We will be relegated if we don’t pick up a minimum of 6 points from our remaining fixtures which means we have to win 2 and maybe pick up another point to be certain. Whatever Rotherham do today will not change that. 

If we limp to the finish we go down pure and simple unless Rotherham’s last 7 games is a complete clusterfuck which I just don’t see.

So yes Brum please please win today but it won’t change anything if Rotherham win. We have to get ourselves sorted in remaining fixtures or we’re doomed.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I'm convinced you're not a Derby fan. Convinced. 

I sometimes wish I wasn’t....I definitely wish I had told my son to support someone else...it’s a lifetime of let down and misery..... i have spent more money, time and energy following them all over the world than you will ever get the chance to don’t you worry about that. 

5 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It’s not all bad if Rotherham win because it will bring Birmingham back into contention. A draw would be ok too. 
Agree that I’d prefer a Brum win as we have a real problem accumulating points so the less Rotherham get the better.

Heavy night last night? 

We dont want Rotherham to pick up a single point again this season if possible let alone them win