Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I do like the way the Mail backtrack on yesterday's headlines - our points deduction is now "likely next season if at all" as they move on to "fans refusing to buy season tickets if they are kept in the dark". Where on earth have they got that from? ?

No idea maybe some people wrote a letter 

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

It's all if's and but's. If my sister had a dick then she would be my brother. The final league positions have us as more points than the bottom 3. Saying it's because they cheated makes no difference, I could argue they should have been given the full 12 points originally deducted. Or if it's purely footballing reasons, IF we hadn't lost Beilik, IF we hadn't lost Davies, IF we hadn't lost Gregory after Rooney had a plan of using him and waggy as a front 2, IF CKR wasn't playing the last 6-7 games injured we would have been fine.

We can all point to why we stayed up, some choose to point it at Rooney (me too after the Preston game), some choose to point it at Mel, some choose to point it towards having crippling injuries to our better players.

You are entitled to lay the blame wherever you wish, as do I, and having had time to now look back, MY finger points to the off field chaos & crippling injuries.

That's my opinion & i'll Support Rooney going into next season if he gets his own players in. If after 10 or so games we're doing badly, then I'll be probably wanting a new Manager in.

I was mainly refuting your claim that it's footballing reasons we stayed up. It categorically is not, in pure football terms we picked up the 3rd least points in the division. 

Stop wasting your time bickering like 5 year olds in class about stuff in the past.

"Miss......Miss........I'm right, he's wrong! "...........................

None of us can change history. Our club with our support can change and will change for the better.

I don't worry anymore...........we stayed up, we still have a club to support and we start again with or without a point deduction.

We go again......fans get back in the grounds, home and away, we sing, we drink, we are merry, happy and proud to be D.C.F.C.

We will have a blank slate eventually and some of us will carry on honoured to stand firm with the Ram on skin, flag and shirt.

ROONEY...........ROONEY.............

Edited by Inverurie Ram

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think you need to get a bit of perspective and context on this Angie Ram. Revisit Roy Mac’s posts in the Cocu Out thread and the baiting that went on there. There was no respect for those that wanted to give him more time, no respect at all for other view points. We were actually ridiculed at times. Challenging hypocrisy and double standards isn’t trolling and is not baiting. It’s looking for an explanation to the views on Rooney that he keeps making that he can’t justify when challenged. Roy Mac could put an end to it in 2 minutes but he chooses not to ?

The true irony being that the mitigating factors he lambasted people for using to defend Cocu, he's now using for Rooney...

Lets face facts: Rooney chopped and changed the team more than Cocu, his managerial record is weaker despite having better players at his disposal (Bielik, CKR, Lawrence), and tactically he's more concerned with the opposition than even Cocu was...

Calling him out on the laughable double standards is more than warranted

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The true irony being that the mitigating factors he lambasted people for using to defend Cocu, he's now using for Rooney...

Lets face facts: Rooney chopped and changed the team more than Cocu, his managerial record is weaker despite having better players at his disposal (Bielik, CKR, Lawrence), and tactically he's more concerned with the opposition than even Cocu was...

Calling him out on the laughable double standards is more than warranted

It seems I have to question your statement, but yet I can't really be bothered to. But okay, Cocu had us in the relegation zone, Rooney hasn't.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It seems I have to question your statement, but yet I can't really be bothered to. But okay, Cocu had us in the relegation zone, Rooney hasn't.

I think I even asked at the time if you were a bully at school as some of your comments were pure hatred and vile but Rooney? ....no he’s ok lol ? 

it seems that once you dislike someone Roy then you just gnaw away and turn anything slightly positive into a negative regarding Cocu 

I will say this about Cocu I think he progressed our youngsters more so than Rooney has ...Max Bird for example was a different player under Cocu 

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

it seems that once you dislike someone Roy then you just gnaw away and turn anything slightly positive into a negative regarding Cocu 

I will say this about Cocu I think he progressed our youngsters more so than Rooney has ...Max Bird for example was a different player under Cocu 

Why would I dislike Cocu, he's a decent bloke. Just didn't rate him as a manager who's football I want to watch.

It seems that posters jump to conclusions based on minimal evidence. There's no way you can be certain how our youngsters will progress, as I said cf Will Hughes who was going to be sold for a fortune! Max Bird certainly was a different player under Cocu but then so was the football we played. Ph and of course he was playing beside better midfielders. ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would I dislike Cocu, he's a decent bloke. Just didn't rate him as a manager who's football I want to watch.

It seems that posters jump to conclusions based on minimal evidence. There's no way you can be certain how our youngsters will progress, as I said cf Will Hughes who was going to be sold for a fortune! Max Bird certainly was a different player under Cocu but then so was the football we played. Ph and of course he was playing beside better midfielders. ?

But a lot of people on here are saying the same so you did come across as being really anti Cocu 

for balance though I stuck up for Cocu even when some of our performances were not good 

I still think Cocu came here at the wrong time and got a raw deal and blame lampard for this ...Cocu never really seemed to get the players we needed and when he did I think he bought well in Byrne Jozwiak CKR etc 

when we tore Stoke apart at PP 4-0 I think it was we played some great stuff that night and Rooney was playing so well at that stage 

I also cannot for the life of me understand why Rooney did not keep himself fit enough to come on in games for the last 20mins and sit in front of the back 4 and use his experience to see games out ...but no ...instead we had a bench sometimes threadbare and full of youngsters not really ready for the first team ....

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

But a lot of people on here are saying the same so you did come across as being really anti Cocu 

No, not anti Cocu - I said that often enough in my posts at the time. Anti Cocu's football. I repeat just so you are really clear on this - Cocu is a very decent bloke.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, not anti Cocu - I said that often enough in my posts at the time. Anti Cocu's football. I repeat just so you are really clear on this - Cocu is a very decent bloke.

I think you're being battered enough @RoyMac5 so I'm not resuming my own accusations of inconsistency but I do want to ask:

Is your support of Rooney because you liked the football you saw over last season - or - because you think he has the potential to become a good manager for this club?

And, if the latter, I presume that's dependent on him having a transfer budget so that he can bring players in.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Is your support of Rooney because you liked the football you saw over last season - or - because you think he has the potential to become a good manager for this club?

And, if the latter, I presume that's dependent on him having a transfer budget so that he can bring players in.

Yep. No necessarily. I was quite impressed with the loans he got in considering the restrictions he was under - if they'd have been fitter/stayed fitter I don't think it would have gone to the wire like it did. BWTF it was an exciting finish! ?

I find it amusing when certain posters keep bringing up the supposed double standards I have between Rooney and Cocu, that they aren't willing to give Rooney the time and chances that they allowed Cocu. ?

Really looking forward to seeing who we get in and how we set up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though that next season Lady Luck is sitting in the stands with us!  

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I find it amusing when certain posters keep bringing up the supposed double standards I have between Rooney and Cocu, that they aren't willing to give Rooney the time and chances that they allowed Cocu. ?

Except I'm not 'Rooney Out', I'm giving Rooney a fresh slate to prove himself... 

Let's not pretend he's shown much promise so far though; Bielik is who kept us up. The 'double standards' comment is that despite remarkable similarities, you won't criticise Rooney for EXACTLY what you criticised Cocu for- constantly changing the team, overly-defensive/slow build up, poor substitutions. The only real difference is that Rooney had better players at his disposal.

It's just astonishing to see you so willfully defend Rooney in a way that you directly criticised anyone that did the same for Cocu. For what it's worth, I really hope Rooney succeeds, despite being fairly critical of him so far.

Edited by YorkshireRam

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

For what it's worth, I really hope Rooney succeeds, despite being very critical of him so far.

I've been very critical of Rooney but, like the vast majority, I hope he succeeds. If he succeeds - as manager of Derby - then, well you know.....

Final word on @RoyMac5 then I promise to leave him alone.........just imagine if Rooney does succeed with us next season, we play scintillating football, get promoted automatically - in January - then we will get the biggest ever "Told you so" and this...

smugface.gif.aaed7d1a9a826db61a77f292f37b7fd6.gif

Edited by IslandExile

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I've been very critical of Rooney but, like the vast majority, I hope he succeeds. If he succeeds - as manager of Derby - then, well you know.....

Final word on @RoyMac5 then I promise to leave him alone.........just imagine if Rooney does succeed with us next season, we play scintillating football, get promoted automatically - in January - then we will get the biggest ever "Told you so" and this...

smugface.gif.aaed7d1a9a826db61a77f292f37b7fd6.gif

Are there Rams fans that don’t want the team to succeed ? I would take Macca’s smug face every day of the week if it meant the team were doing well whether that be under Wazza or someone else...