Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

34 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Are you thinking of the takeover mk1 stuff where Rooney was quite open with what he had been told? 

Or something else? 

Being told the original takeover would be complete by Christmas...or have I made that up ? Having to deal with undoubted fallout of players not being paid, don’t try to kid me all of them said “Oh that’s alright” then the baalocks from Erik the fantasist, is that not enough ?

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Being told the original takeover would be complete by Christmas...or have I made that up ? Having to deal with undoubted fallout of players not being paid, don’t try to kid me all of them said “Oh that’s alright” then the baalocks from Erik the fantasist, is that not enough ?

I mean, they didn't say which Christmas!

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The first was what I meant.  Being misled implies some sort of deception. Do you think the club hierarchy told him anything they knew to be untrue? Or were they all victims of the fake Sheikh and so were all firefighting? 

Given the load of shizzle that went off up to Jan, why on earth did he still accept the permanent job in mid Jan.... 

He's had an "interesting" first few months for sure. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

The first was what I meant.  Being misled implies some sort of deception. Do you think the club hierarchy told him anything they knew to be untrue? Or were they all victims of the fake Sheikh and so were all firefighting? 

Given the load of shizzle that went off up to Jan, why on earth did he still accept the permanent job in mid Jan.... 

He's had an "interesting" first few months for sure. 

Oh I believe The Gullible Twins thought the Sheikh was the real deal and they told Rooney we’d won the lottery as it were. I don’t believe there was deception with intent but I believe they told Rooney all his prayers were just about to be answered. Hence him being mislead, given assurances, call it what you will.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh I believe The Gullible Twins thought the Sheikh was the real deal and they told Rooney we’d won the lottery as it were. I don’t believe there was deception with intent but I believe they told Rooney all his prayers were just about to be answered. Hence him being mislead, given assurances, call it what you will.

Seems to me they were all misled by the Sheikh and then in turn by Erik the knob. 

To be gullible once is naive, to be duped twice is really dumb. 

It’s possible I guess that Rooney rather regrets accepting the job, but knows that he hasn't been wilfully lied to. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Seems to me they were all misled by the Sheikh and then in turn by Erik the knob. 

To be gullible once is naive, to be duped twice is really dumb. 

It’s possible I guess that Rooney rather regrets accepting the job, but knows that he hasn't been wilfully lied to. 

There is a difference between wilfully lied to and being mislead. Well I think there is anyway but I’d like to leave it there if I may.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Is it just me who remembers George Burley just avoiding relegation and followed it up with an excellent season by only bringing in free transfers - keep the faith folks 

Comparing George Burley (who had a great record at Ipswich before taking over) and Rooney is laughable!! 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Is it just me who remembers George Burley just avoiding relegation and followed it up with an excellent season by only bringing in free transfers - keep the faith folks 

I suppose I have to admire your optimism, but there was a completely different feeling around the club and the squad back then. We won more than one of our last fifteen fixtures for starters. It was becoming obvious that Huddlestone was going to be a special player. We'd won the Kenco cup by beating Forest 4-2, whereas I can barely remember what winning against Forest feels like now. Reich was twice as exciting to watch as Jozwiak, and I say that even though I quite like Joz. And most importantly, as deanoakaram4life mentioned, we had an experienced and successful manager in George Burley.

With Rooney worth circa 150 million, I wonder what his driver is for success at Derby.

Rooney has his 20 million pound mansion.

I have read he has a great footballing mind, he was an England star, but are those the key things sought in a quality manager.

Analogy: When it comes to the world Cup or euros there have been sports writers who have said that England might do better if staffed with championship players, who have an incentive to out perform other teams. They would be willing to do their best because they are motivated to get offers from betters to play for.

When it comes to Rooney, what's the incentive other than continuing to be known in footballing circles.

How many former superstar players have really succeeded at football management.

Id like a progress update on rooneys fa qualification, I dont think he's qualified yet.

If Derby had failed to stay in the championship, with the money that he has would that have been something that would have bothered him as much as the fans.