Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

I’ve not gone through all the pages on this but can everyone chill the f out?

FWIW I thought at the time that Cocu was underachieving, in hindsight I was probably wrong and rated the squad too highly, didn’t appreciate the reality of our financial problems and how much his hands were tied in terms of players. Cocu with a budget (or even with key players fit) may well have been a different story. I’ll admit my opinion has changed in that respect. It’s partly due to that that I think Rooney should have time managing here with (fingers crossed) none of the issues that have plagued us for over a season. There’s been good and bad with Rooney, he’s made some good tactical decisions before and during games and also some stinkers but then a lot of managers do. It’s a fine line between success and failure, Lampard got us into the play-off final but would he have done without the transfers and loans he secured? 

We’re asking Rooney to make us dinner with whatever we have left in the fridge and hoping he comes up with a delicious meal we can all enjoy. It’s unlikely to happen, some items are past their best, others don’t go with each other having been purchased for difference recipes. Let him go shopping with a meal in mind and we’re likely to have a better meal and if not then we can call him a rubbish cook. 
(Sorry, I love an analogy)

But a good cook can knock up a half decent meal with left overs from the fridge, I have had to spit out what Wazza has had to offer.....and if I had the money in my pocket would try a different restaurant.....

1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

We’re asking Rooney to make us dinner with whatever we have left in the fridge and hoping he comes up with a delicious meal we can all enjoy. It’s unlikely to happen, some items are past their best, others don’t go with each other having been purchased for difference recipes. Let him go shopping with a meal in mind and we’re likely to have a better meal and if not then we can call him a rubbish cook. 
(Sorry, I love an analogy)

True. I just hope he remembers the vegans! ? #COYR

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oh.

Forgot as I was faffing about attaching the picture and getting error messages which wasn't improving my humour.

Which had already had most goodwill sucked out by roymacs annoying blether. 

But seeing as it's you......and a new day

?

My annoying blether was based around the fact it was late and you seemed to deliberately misinterpret what I said about Rooney not being given credit. Of course it's your right to just hate him whatever he does. Carry on mate.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My annoying blether was based around the fact it was late and you seemed to deliberately misinterpret what I said about Rooney not being given credit. Of course it's your right to just hate him whatever he does. Carry on mate.

Still waiting for an answer Roy Mac 5????

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Rooney on a budget of peanuts - no thanks. 

Rooney on a decent budget to bring in the calibre and character of players he wants to play his way - yes please. 

I think that sums it up for me. 

What is Rooney's way? After 35 games I still can't work out what that is. Cocu did better with similar challenges and quality of squad. Would have been nice to see what he could have done with a decent budget too maybe....but he was sacked so didn't get the chance.

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

? but you can with Wazza. You said in an earlier post that Cocu had to go because of results ?. Just answer a simple question for me, based on results, who has the better record as Manager of Derby, Cocu or Wazza? If it is the former how come you are not whining on that Wazza should be sacked, just like you did with Cocu? That would be logical and consistent surely ? Answer this simple question and we can at last move on ?

Still waiting for an answer to the above Roy Mac, it's not a difficult question is it?? The silence is deafening......

12 hours ago, David said:

To be fair he even admitted that, there was no attempt to apply any kind of style, he said that every game was just trying to get the points. 

Had he come out, tried to claim we're implementing a style and it's taking time, I could understand the frustrations, but he openly admitted to what was going on.

This has been my biggest issue with Rooney. If he had started to implement his style and you could see what he was trying to do then it would be easier to support him, but all we have is a couple of months decent results and few months of terrible results with worse football.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is Rooney's way? After 35 games I still can't work out what that is. Cocu did better with similar challenges and quality of squad. Would have been nice to see what he could have done with a decent budget too maybe....but he was sacked so didn't get the chance.

I suspect if he was honest he'd admit he's still learning that. 

However, he will want a group of players who work as a team but know their personal responsibilities. 

He will want stronger personalities in the dressing room and on the pitch. 

It sounds boring but the team that works the hardest usually wins. Look how much running Manchester City players do in a game. They have undoubted technical ability but that's no use unless you're supporting each other by making yourself available for an easy pass or tracking back during an opposition attack. 

Rooney will drum this into his group as someone who has known great success and what it takes. 

I think he will build from the back but will want more goalscoring options from midfield and pace up front. 

He has the work ethic in midfield from any two from Knight, Shinnie and Bielik so can afford a creative third midfielder. 

I think he will go for two quick forwards to run behind the opposition. 

If we go long ball to the big man again his reign may be short. 

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Still waiting for an answer to the above Roy Mac, it's not a difficult question is it?? The silence is deafening......

Hopefully he's chosen to just ignore you, this constant back and forth is tedious beyond belief. He's entitled to his opinion as you are yours, does it really need to be gone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hopefully he's chosen to just ignore you, this constant back and forth is tedious beyond belief. He's entitled to his opinion as you are yours, does it really need to be gone over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

Yes it does until he answers that question. He gave it large with his contempt to posters like me who wanted to give Cocu more time, with him stating over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over why Cocu, BASED ON RESULTS, should be sacked. I am merely asking, if BASED ON RESULTS, why he thinks now Rooney shouldn't go the same way as his results have been worse than Cocu's. Once I have an answer to that fundamental question we can conclude the matter and move on. I am afraid Roy Mac 5 has brought this on himself with the condescending and mocking posts he was making 6 months or so ago. Some of us haven't forgotten.....

Shaun Barker: “I believe that with the squad he wants, the type of players that he wants, the consistency within the club that he wants, it is quite clear how he wants to move the club forward,” added Barker...

“I can only see things getting better. Understandably, the players respect Wayne because of his career and what he achieved, but also how he has conducted himself both on and off the pitch. To keep the club in the division was the job this year and he has completed that. Now the next step is how he progresses with this club and with the group of players he is going to bring in.”

'Respect' - Former Derby County defender issues Wayne Rooney verdict - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

Edited by RoyMac5

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I hope you're both right. Of course I do.

I would also like to see how Rooney approaches the second season - especially if the off field issues are resolved (if only).

I just hope that, by trusting him, we don't lose Sibley, Buchanan, Knight or Jozwiak (or play Sibley and Knight in the wrong positions).

We need better players around them - and better tactics - then they'll come good.

Tell me about it! I think the way the youngsters aren't progressing is my biggest worry.

Just now, angieram said:

Tell me about it! I think the way the youngsters aren't progressing is my biggest worry.

Buchanan is the biggest worry, went from one of our best players and starting with England u23s to not playing for us, and when he did he was really struggling positionally and with his defensive duties. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

This has been my biggest issue with Rooney. If he had started to implement his style and you could see what he was trying to do then it would be easier to support him, but all we have is a couple of months decent results and few months of terrible results with worse football.

I also don't buy the theory that come August, we'll see a demonstrable change in style. The idea that a manager would use pure game to game pragmatism for 35 games (75% of a season) & then convert the side to a particular style strikes me as being unrealistic & a desperate bid to buy some time.

It also tallies with where I think Rooney wants to go. He doesn't want to stay at Derby any longer than necessary & the only way he's going to get to the top end of the Premiership is by sheer weight of results.

Strongly suspect a Rooney team is very similar to what we saw last season. Pragmatic, negative, not afraid to go long, hard working & ultimately pretty dull. If we relate that to previous managers he wants to go from being Phil Brown to being Gary Rowett.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Rooney on a budget of peanuts - no thanks. 

Rooney on a decent budget to bring in the calibre and character of players he wants to play his way - yes please. 

I think that sums it up for me. 

Based on what exactly? We don't know how he wants to play nor has he bought anyone - no track record on either. The idea we would theoretically give him millions to 'see what happens' strikes me as a sheer blind faith punt.