Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is it or do you just not want to give a real chance to someone who actually knows the challenges facing the Derby manager currently 

comparing someone who has never achieved anything in management and got us 7 points out of the last 45 available with a highly experienced manager who guided a newly promoted team in Ipswich (after 3 consecutive play off finishes) to a uefa cup spot before he took us over is laughable yes. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

comparing someone who has never achieved anything in management and got us 7 points out of the last 45 available with a highly experienced manager who guided a newly promoted team in Ipswich (after 3 consecutive play off finishes) to a uefa cup spot before he took us over is laughable yes. 

What was being compared was the situation they were in, not their managerial histories. 

Let's hope he managed a chat with Olie before the game! Thought Man U should have subbed Henderson on (well from the 1st minute :D) as well! 

Edited by RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was being compared was the situation they were in, not their managerial histories. 

Let's hope he managed a chat with Olie before the game! Thought Man U should have subbed Henderson on (well from the 1st minute :D) as well! 

the situation is actually worse now arguably than it was then and the reason we got ourselves out of it and had a much better next season was because Burley was a very good manager who had a fantastic eye for a player tbh. I can't see us digging up an Idiakez, Rasiak, or a Bisgaard. 

4 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Listening to McLaren the same applies to Derby.  Need players in and a good start to next season....

Can't see that happening Donnyram the club as no direction at all. Any players who do come in will be free transfers and loans. 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

McClaren is still here people 

5 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Listening to McLaren the same applies to Derby.  Need players in and a good start to next season....

If he knows what Man U should do, then it makes me wonder what his role at Derby really is. 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

If he knows what Man U should do, then it makes me wonder what his role at Derby really is. 

I could say that any team needs a proven goal-scorer/ striker/ centre forward.It is merely stating the obvious.

Like when a manager says "We need to start winning games!"

Rocket science it isn't.

And dertainly not worth £(1-7) figure salary with extra for failure!

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

I could say that any team needs a proven goal-scorer/ striker/ centre forward.It is merely stating the obvious.

Like when a manager says "We need to start winning games!"

Rocket science it isn't.

And dertainly not worth £(1-7) figure salary with extra for failure!

?

Agree, other gems he could offer are - we need to be tighter at the back, convert more chances, have a more balanced playing staff, work together better as a team and foster a winning attitude.