Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

12 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

the situation is actually worse now arguably than it was then and the reason we got ourselves out of it and had a much better next season was because Burley was a very good manager who had a fantastic eye for a player tbh. I can't see us digging up an Idiakez, Rasiak, or a Bisgaard. 

George Burley was a special manager and worked miracles during his time at DCFC whilst constantly being undermined by Murdo Mackay. No question about Rooney's playing credentials, but he's currently not managerial material. The results and performances in the last couple of months of last season were absolutely dire. Perhaps Wayne will make it in coaching / management in the future. Good luck to him, but the needs of DCFC are greater than those of a celebrity footballer with more ambition than relevant qualifications / experience. 

A lot of people want to blame the players.

A number of the players, played under lampard, when he took the club to the play offs.

Did I miss something, or does that call Rooneys ability into question.

In my opinion Rooney was not the right person to be the manager.

I dont see how that will change significantly in the coming season.

In my opinion, With the potential efl points deduction hanging over the club, its a massive gamble to continue with him as manager.

For me its fresh start time: New owners, significant team changes, new manager.

I dont see any area of the team that doesn't need to change, the efl charge just adds impetus to it all.

25 minutes ago, Oldben said:

A number of the players, played under lampard, when he took the club to the play offs.

In my opinion, With the potential efl points deduction hanging over the club, its a massive gamble to continue with him as manager.

I dont see any area of the team that doesn't need to change, the efl charge just adds impetus to it all.

I'm no fan of Rooney but it's not fair to suggest he's managing a similar squad to Lampard. Tomori, Mount, Wilson, Keogh, Bogle, Johnson, Huddlstone - these were all key parts of Lampard's squad.

Of the team that started the play off final against Aston Villa, only Roos and Lawrence are still here.

Wazza was in Poland supporting Man .U. He must be disappointed they ended up plotless. After telling all his staff they Would win the Prem this season as well. Steve Mac is all over Sky telling Man U what they need. Does make you feel we have been forgotten about.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

I absolutely agree.

However, whilst Mel is still in charge he won't stump up the cash to sack Rooney or to buy players (and who can blame him).

The pending EFL charge means our accounts still haven't been submitted and we're under embargo.

New owners are probably put off by the threat of a points deduction and subsequent relegation.

So we've got what 8 or 9 weeks until the new season - I can't see this all being resolved anytime soon. The squad that finished this season will be weaker than the squad that starts next season.

Happy Happy

48 minutes ago, Taribo said:

However, whilst Mel is still in charge he won't stump up the cash to sack Rooney or to buy players (and who can blame him).

The pending EFL charge means our accounts still haven't been submitted and we're under embargo.

New owners are probably put off by the threat of a points deduction and subsequent relegation.

This is the fear

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Were they playing 5-a-side? ? 

Waghorn scored 13 goals in the 2018/19 season, Frank Lampard's only campaign in the hotseat.

He wasn't a small part of the tean under frank

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

Waghorn scored 13 goals in the 2018/19 season, Frank Lampard's only campaign in the hotseat.

He wasn't a small part of the tean under frank

So he was pants all season bar the last couple of games. What's your point - all those players were two seasons older and many had major injuries.

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wazza was in Poland supporting Man .U. He must be disappointed they ended up plotless. After telling all his staff they Would win the Prem this season as well. Steve Mac is all over Sky telling Man U what they need. Does make you feel we have been forgotten about.

Maybe we’ll get some crumbs from the  table!

Maybe not

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

Nice idea however, I wouldn’t hold your breath regarding a new owner and I’m not sure how we could afford to pay off Rooney AND fund sign I can’t team changes unless we can pick up some decent free agents. 

4 hours ago, Taribo said:

I absolutely agree.

So we've got what 8 or 9 weeks until the new season - I can't see this all being resolved anytime soon. The squad that finished this season will be weaker than the squad that starts next season.

Happy Happy

Well seeing as Morris was responsible for giving Rooney the job and is also accountable for how he's performed in his role then yes he does have a moral obligation to finish off what he's started knowing what the likely outputs are going to be accordingly next season. 

And where does the abject output of trying to find a buyer lie with? If he's asking too much that's Morris, if it's because the club is such a poor proposition to take on as it's riddled with debt, wafer thin squad etc then it lies at the same persons door.

Not sure then why you are unable to blame Morris for the fix we are in now and knowing this my expectations would be that he takes ownership of the mess he has created before he leaves.

Edited by Tyler Durden

9 hours ago, Taribo said:

I absolutely agree.

So much for the creative accountancy that has proven to be not so clever after all. Admittedly a lot of fans wanted to see the investment in the push for promotion, but most wouldn't have bought into the high risk strategy played out by the owner, who now wants out. Hopefully Mr Morris will continue to at least keep the club afloat and in the championship, until credible new ownership is in place.