Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I can't say that we particularly did to be honest,we looked the relegation fodder that we were,no spark or inspiration,we just looked manic.

I just hope that wayne has learnt from this season and dramatically ups his game,no excuses.....If he does and we see a style of play and the players themselves responding to him positively and not just getting public bollockings then excellent.

Thought Preston away was particularly good...

14 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Lighten up lad.

With any luck we'll all be able to go and watch which will be a good thing won't it?

*(For clarity I believe the vaccines will work on the Indian variant so I think we'll be on track for a full stadium come August)

We’re surely in for a tough season though and everything points to the quality of football being similarly poor or worse.

Of course it will be great to have fans back at PP, but I remember how disenchanted and sour the atmosphere became under Brown, Clough, Jewell and Gregory. After an initial buzz around being back, I’d expect something similar.

For me the best thing anyone at the club with a modicum of power can do is put us in safe hands when it comes to the managerial position. It’s more important than any player we sign.

It doesn’t have to be Wilder. Swap Wilder for Nathan Jones or Mark Robins, the overall point remains the same. We need a manager with experience, with the ability to galvanise a group of players, and with the ability to flourish in challenging circumstances.

At least the clamour for such a manager comes from a place of sound evidence and proven results with a less than spectacular group of players.

The clamour for Rooney seems to come from a place of hope beyond hope and being wedded to his status rather than his actual ability to do the job. All the evidence we have needed from him points to the contrary.

Even a manager with a modest reputation at this level will breed more optimism than Rooney, because more than anything we need someone reliable.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We’re surely in for a tough season though and everything points to the quality of football being similarly poor or worse.

Of course it will be great to have fans back at PP, but I remember how disenchanted and sour the atmosphere became under Brown, Clough, Jewell and Gregory. After an initial buzz around being back, I’d expect something similar.

For me the best thing anyone at the club with a modicum of power can do is put us in safe hands when it comes to the managerial position. It’s more important than any player we sign.

It doesn’t have to be Wilder. Swap Wilder for Nathan Jones or Mark Robins, the overall point remains the same. We need a manager with experience, with the ability to galvanise a group of players, and with the ability to flourish in challenging circumstances.

At least the clamour for such a manager comes from a place of sound evidence and proven results with a less than spectacular group of players.

The clamour for Rooney seems to come from a place of hope beyond hope and being wedded to his status rather than his actual ability to do the job. All the evidence we have needed from him points to the contrary.

Even a manager with a modest reputation at this level will breed more optimism than Rooney, because more than anything we need someone reliable.

Wow.

I think I've said this before. No disrespect and all, but it much be really grim inside your head to be so negative about our situation.

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Just about sums it up ?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow.

I think I've said this before. No disrespect and all, but it much be really grim inside your head to be so negative about our situation.

No disrespect Roy Mac but your warped interpretation of how things have gone under Wazza and continual brown nosing of him doesn’t really cut it. We have lots to worry about with the thought of another season of the same on the pitch one of the biggest concerns for many....

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow.

Roy, with all due respect, you’re hardly the best person to question what is going on inside someone’s head.

You’re still in full support of Rooney after months of drab, listless football, 1 win in 15 games, and going from nine points clear of the relegation zone to within mere minutes of relegation to League 1, and having to rely on the intervention of other teams to stay up.

What’s going on in yours? ?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Roy, with all due respect, you’re hardly the best person to question what is going on inside someone’s head.

You’re still in full support of Rooney after months of drab, listless football, 1 win in 15 games, and going from nine points clear of the relegation zone to within mere minutes of relegation to League 1, and having to rely on the intervention of other teams to stay up.

Very well said that man?I am sure at some point Macca will come back down to planet earth.....

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Well until I see the world explode I'll go for there's still hope. ? There were periods last season where we played well, that gives me hope. Obviously all you can see are the periods were we didn't play well. Your choice.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well until I see the world explode I'll go for there's still hope. ? There were periods last season where we played well, that gives me hope. Obviously all you can see are the periods were we didn't play well. Your choice.

Did you have more hope when we were on the fringes of the play offs under Cocu rather than a few minutes from relegation under Wazza?? Seemed all doom and gloom from the Macca then, not full of hope like you are now ?Just trying to get my head around your hypocrisy....for a friend like ????

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, that’s not true.

Rooney did well to begin with. I have gone on record multiple times saying that he deserves credit for that.

The trouble is the manner of our implosion since spring-time overshadows all of that.

It showed us exactly what the initial run was - a flash in the pan and wildly unsustainable.

You would have more people in agreement with you if Rooney had managed even a fairly modest return in the final weeks of the season and had us ending the season in relative comfort compared to what actually transpired.

Finally managed to put this season behind us. We stayed up. That is all that matters. Points deduction next season better than relegation this season. The club will be sold for whatever someone will pay for it. We move on. 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Excuse me but I'm looking for the "doom mongers are us" thread. I think I've found it but if not could you point me in the right direction please...... 

Simples, look at the previous Cocu Out  thread ?

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Finally managed to put this season behind us. We stayed up. That is all that matters. Points deduction next season better than relegation this season. The club will be sold for whatever someone will pay for it. We move on. 

We try!

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

@Jimbo Ram, you're getting suspiciously close to trolling. Do us all a  favour and accept that you're not going to get an answer that you approve of from @RoyMac5 and let the rest of us get on with the discussion.

Disagree with his opinion, fine, but you're the one who is baiting him every post.

Get the ban hammer out.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

@Jimbo Ram, you're getting suspiciously close to trolling. Do us all a  favour and accept that you're not going to get an answer that you approve of from @RoyMac5 and let the rest of us get on with the discussion.

Disagree with his opinion, fine, but you're the one who is baiting him every post.

I think you need to get a bit of perspective and context on this Angie Ram. Revisit Roy Mac’s posts in the Cocu Out thread and the baiting that went on there. There was no respect for those that wanted to give him more time, no respect at all for other view points. We were actually ridiculed at times. Challenging hypocrisy and double standards isn’t trolling and is not baiting. It’s looking for an explanation to the views on Rooney that he keeps making that he can’t justify when challenged. Roy Mac could put an end to it in 2 minutes but he chooses not to ?

Meanwhile 

Rooney is important for three reasons, commercial, takeover and football.  

He achieved the main/sole aim when he took over, to stay up; some of the football his team played in many matches was more than OK; he knows the club, squad and the staff and its weaknesses and strengths. Prospective players will want to talk to him. The club and squad now know him.  We don’t have to start that cycle all over again. To the outside, whether we like it or not (and I don't particularly), we are Wayne Rooney’s Rams - he’s one of the main reasons why we are on Sky so much, why the newspapers cover us and not 99% of the Championship, and therefore he has a commercial value, home and abroad, as our manager and is an attraction to external investors.

So, ideally, you need Rooney to stay.  If he goes, and he must be thinking of it, the external perception will be of a club in further difficulty. 

6 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Meanwhile 

He achieved the main/sole aim when he took over, to stay up; some of the football his team played in many matches was more than OK; he knows the club, squad and the staff and its weaknesses and strengths. Prospective players will want to talk to him. The club and squad now know him.  We don’t have to start that cycle all over again. To the outside, whether we like it or not (and I don't particularly), we are Wayne Rooney’s Rams - he’s one of the main reasons why we are on Sky so much, why the newspapers cover us and not 99% of the Championship, and therefore he has a commercial value, home and abroad, as our manager and is an attraction to external investors.

So, ideally, you need Rooney to stay.  If he goes, and he must be thinking of it, the external perception will be of a club in further difficulty. 

We were on SKY a lot towards the latter part of the season as Wazza’s rams were in a relegation scrap. If Rooney was such a catch commercially why hasn’t Mel been able to attract a legitimate buyer for the club. I would prefer a manager who was tactically aware and someone who could motivate the team rather than just someone the players know. Unless we get new owners with big pockets he will stay as Manager. Let’s hope he learns from all of his mistakes and can turn things around.

48 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Meanwhile 

Players will want to talk to him? Based on what? Has he improved our young players? Have any of our key players flourished under him?

He knows the club, the squad, the staff, and their strengths and weaknesses, does he? Performances in the last 2-3 months suggest otherwise.

Commercial value? An attraction for investors? Maybe I am missing something but surely Rooney only makes us attractive to external investors if he can actually do the job well? Surely the brand power and status he has only matters if he has the managerial skills to match?

I can’t imagine anyone watched the last 15 games and thought ‘Wayne Rooney’s Derby County! Barbara, fetch the £100 million from the cupboard under the stairs!’

External investors will be looking at our prospects for promotion to the Premier League. It’s likely that any credible investors see us as more of a toil than anything else.

In recent months, we have been on Sky and in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. It’s nothing to do with the commercial value and appeal of Rooney and everything to do with the spectacular ineptitude of the people in charge, including Rooney himself.

We don’t need Rooney to stay. 1 win in 15 and being minutes from relegation after being all but safe in February is the kind of wizardry we could do without, thanks.

The truth is we have seemingly put ourselves in a position where Rooney has to stay irrespective of our needs and wants.