Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I TRUST Wayne Rooney. He is Derby County Football Club.

I TRUST Joel. He is Derby County Football Club.

I TRUST Derby County Football Club. My Football Club.

At a time when our club needs us supporters the most, at a time especially, supporting them for supporting us in our community.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reject this. Wayne Rooney is not Derby County. He is a temporary custodian.

The club has existed a long time before his arrival and it’ll exist a long time after he’s gone unless of course the new owners are as inept as our forward line.

Maybe I’ve got my grumpy pants on today but this unconditional support tosh isn’t washing with me any longer. It’s a two way street as far as I’m concerned. Give me something to be proud of and my support will be vigorous. The halfhearted bilge I’ve endured in recent weeks is unacceptable as is our hoping for other teams failure to cement our safety in a weak division.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’m in 

I don’t think for a minute that he is a genius. I think he has done ok with some of the youngsters. He has been measured in his post match stuff. He isn’t afraid to change things mid game or before a game. Sometimes well, sometimes not so. 
 

He’s been dealt a tough hand with the whole money thing, change of ownership, Bielik and Lawrence being injured, no way to bring in a serious goal threat. .. He’s a rookie in a poo storm and has done ok. Starting again with another face doesn’t seem like an intelligent idea right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I TRUST Wayne Rooney. He is Derby County Football Club.

I TRUST Joel. He is Derby County Football Club.

I TRUST Derby County Football Club. My Football Club.

At a time when our club needs us supporters the most, at a time especially, supporting them for supporting us in our community.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

Wayne Rooney is Derby County football club 🤔 What’s that mean exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the video. 

What I got from it is that top world class footballers think that he was a top world class footballer - not just in terms of skill, but attitude.

And in my mind, this means that he has the potential to be a world class manager.

I think too many people are comparing him with experienced managers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been underwhelmed with our form over the last 10+ games (7L, 5 out of six away). He inherited a poor situation, his press conferences were refreshing with his transparent honesty, but his managerial tenure is beginning to resemble his impact here as a player. Better than we hoped for before a dramatic tail-off into our worst fears.

Huddersfield have taken the lead as I write. Yesterday was the first time when I didn't believe him, i.e.  his comments about telling us not to panic. I listened to BBC Lancashire's coverage and after the late penalty appeal, Rooney & the coaching team raced to the referee to ask him about it.

The BBC Lancs commentator summed it up: "What's the point? It's gone."

It sounded like the act of a desperate manager. A natural response but a desperate one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

He inherited a poor situation, his press conferences were refreshing with his transparent honesty, but his managerial tenure is beginning to resemble his impact here as a player. Better than we hoped for before a dramatic tail-off into our worst fears.

The fact that our players, better and otherwise, are dropping like flies, so we have a bench full of teenagers, would have nothing to do with our difficulties?

We should have had at least a point yesterday. We didn't but it wasn't down to the manager - I imagine that takes some digesting, how to deal with that. He's not got that much managerial experience, he's undoubtedly got lots to learn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The fact that our players, better and otherwise, are dropping like flies, so we have a bench full of teenagers, would have nothing to do with our difficulties?

We should have had at least a point yesterday. We didn't but it wasn't down to the manager - I imagine that takes some digesting, how to deal with that. He's not got that much managerial experience, he's undoubtedly got lots to learn.

Come on, we haven’t had an injury crisis for the last 11 games.....and other than Bielik and possibly Waggers who else would have started yesterday.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.