El DerbyCo

roboto

7 minutes ago, enachops said:

Since when did football fans become so precious? What right do we have as fans to know how this guy is being financed? Who cares. As long as he has the money and can fund wages/ incomings I couldn’t give a monkeys where he gets the money from.

All I care about is what happens on the pitch. I’m finding all these question marks pathetic quite frankly.

Nobody wants this to be a failure but many people do care about things away from the pitch. And why shouldn't they? It's certyainly not pathetic to ask questions. I would still like to have a club to support long after this new lot have gone the way of Gadsby, Capn Bob, Lionel, GSE et al.

11 minutes ago, enachops said:

Since when did football fans become so precious? What right do we have as fans to know how this guy is being financed? Who cares. As long as he has the money and can fund wages/ incomings I couldn’t give a monkeys where he gets the money from.

All I care about is what happens on the pitch. I’m finding all these question marks pathetic quite frankly.

If you don't know about where the finance is coming from how can you possibly know if the club is stable, secure and debt free or up to its eyeballs in loans and about to go bankrupt? Given our recent history with owners I'm surprised by your attitude tbh. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

What does that mean ! 

You have a nice way of undermining me don’t you .

After the Fake Sheik debacle John Percy of the Telegraph suggested that there were two interested parties. One of which would be 'a dream come true' ...

14 minutes ago, enachops said:

I think the questions are mainly around "can he provide the funds for wages/incomings". You say "as long as he has these funds", which suggests you have similar questions yourself.

Why do you consider yourself pathetic?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think the questions are mainly around "can he provide the funds for wages/incomings". You say "as long as he has these funds", which suggests you have similar questions yourself.

Why do you consider yourself pathetic?

No. My point being I don’t care where the money comes from or who is the main backer, unlike some. As long as the money is there, then it won’t affect on the field matters. Pretty simple to understand I’d say. 

2 minutes ago, enachops said:

No. My point being I don’t care where the money comes from or who is the main backer, unlike some. As long as the money is there, then it won’t affect on the field matters. Pretty simple to understand I’d say. 

But many of the pathetic questions are will he actually be able to deliver this money? There is little evidence in his history of doing this.

31 minutes ago, enachops said:

whereas those of us looking at things a little more deeply find your unquestioning acceptance of the deal as being naive at best, quite frankly 

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'd have thought only caring about what goes on on the pitch is an attitude that has been a significant contributing factor to the current state of the club.

And what would you have proposed fans did about any off field matters they disagreed with then?

People can bleat all they like about how someone chooses to run their business and who they do or don't decide to sell it to, our only choice (in normal times) is either to go to games or not go to games. The rest is just white noise.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Being optimistic, I suppose that just because Matt Southall is trying to get in on the deal doesn't mean he will. I expect people who are in the market for clubs get approached by chancers all the time saying they can make introductions, or offering their 'expert' services as football executives or whatnot.

Hope you are right. 

What I'm struggling to get my head around is why on earth would you buy a second division club as an *investment* ?

There is Zero chance of making any sort of profit from Derby County. Will it just be a vanity project for Erik ? A few photos where he stands fist to fist with Rooney?

As an investor I would rather invest in a burger van and park it outside Pride Park on match day, that's where a profit is to be made. 

42 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nobody wants this to be a failure but many people do care about things away from the pitch. And why shouldn't they? It's certyainly not pathetic to ask questions. I would still like to have a club to support long after this new lot have gone the way of Gadsby, Capn Bob, Lionel, GSE et al.

Fair enough. I agree. I just don’t care where the money is coming from. Or his political beliefs. Or who the main backer is. As long as he can provide the tools on the pitch. Towards the end of Morris’ tenure this wasn’t the case. 

The whole Forum is suffering from Takeover Fatigue.

The AbuDerby thread, well over 500 pages and longer than your average Chrissy Martin discussion, started with the hope of mega bucks investment and finished as a damp squib, with a penniless Sheikh.

What should be good news has now descended into Derby fanatics having a pop at each other over a deal that has yet to be finalised.

Never boring being a Rams fan, we’ll probably beat Norwich on Saturday.

UTR.