El DerbyCo

roboto

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I don’t know who the right people would be but I’m hopeful Alonso is driving a good deal 

Up the Rams 

Bang on mate.

This Alonso fella seems straight as a die, hopefully the financially chicanery of the previous regime will finally be parked.

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Except it wasn't a 'tricky divorce' it was essentially him being fired from his old job of advising a club in our position because of false promises according to the owner. If someone got a reference from their old boss calling them untrustworthy, dishonest, and a liability I wouldn't be welcoming them with open arms. It's not a romantic relationship where feelings become much more personalised and difficult to untangle. The fact that the fans of sheffield wednesday don't seem to be great fans of this guy should give us some reason to think too. 

How do you not see the ridiculous nature of this statement? The man who is has 'fired' him is claiming he fired him for making false promises... Of course he would say that! ?

It's not some random on twitter lying about his political views, it can be seen through his own activity on social media. 

He claims it's not him and is taking legal action

One of our posters on here (I think @richinspain) has checked his public twitter profile which only follows the leader of VOX - Plenty of people follow Nigel Farage or Donald Trump but don't support them - Plenty of people follow Piers Morgan but think he's a total Bamford

What evidence do you have of his political leanings? I've only ever seen one dudes twitter account mentioned

I mean has anyone actually verified his dad's role at Madrid and what is was? Again, Spanish clubs appear to be amongst the most financially mismanaged on the continent so even if it is true that hardly inspires me with confidence. 

Sky are reporting his lawyer is Ramon Calderon - Former Real Madrid President - That's some decent advice...

34 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As far as I'm aware, there's no evidence to suggest that Sam Rush actually breached fiduciary duty.

I wouldn’t dream of voicing such a thing. Just a vague personal opinion and using him as an example of where questions have been asked. Forsooth young man, far be it from me to cast doubt on another’s integrity when clearly nothing has been shown to the contrary 

30 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How do you not see the ridiculous nature of this statement? The man who is has 'fired' him is claiming he fired him for making false promises... Of course he would say that! ?

He claims it's not him and is taking legal action

One of our posters on here (I think @richinspain) has checked his public twitter profile which only follows the leader of VOX - Plenty of people follow Nigel Farage or Donald Trump but don't support them - Plenty of people follow Piers Morgan but think he's a total Bamford

What evidence do you have of his political leanings? I've only ever seen one dudes twitter account mentioned

Sky are reporting his lawyer is Ramon Calderon - Former Real Madrid President - That's some decent advice...

It's no more ridiculous of your comparison of a failed marriage. If Alonso is so great and obviously telling the truth how come the sheffield wednesday fans aren't lining up to tell us how great this guy is? Instead they're all saying they've missed a bullet. Maybe because his companies are basically shells, he's pals with one of the chaps responsible for the nightmare at Charlton and he's got no track record (outside of being fired) except for his own claim of being a director of an Indonesian club when he wasn't even on the website. 

He's suing Vox for allegedly using his likeness and name isn't he? not the allegations that he's held dodgy political views.  I'm sure I have seen screen grabs of him liking and posting stuff on social media (now cleansed) that looks very dodgy. 

That doesn't answer my question about his dad. Wasn't Calderon forced out of Madrid after allegedly rigging a vote? He also appears to be the family lawyer not his personal one. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

After the Fake Sheik debacle John Percy of the Telegraph suggested that there were two interested parties. One of which would be 'a dream come true' ...

As I recall the actual quote was Alonso PLUS two other possible investors, one of which could be a dream come true.

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's no more ridiculous of your comparison of a failed marriage. If Alonso is so great and obviously telling the truth how come the Sheffield Wednesday fans aren't lining up to tell us how great this guy is? Instead they're all saying they've missed a bullet. Maybe because his companies are basically shells, he's pals with one of the chaps responsible for the nightmare at Charlton and he's got no track record (outside of being fired) except for his own claim of being a director of an Indonesian club when he wasn't even on the website. 

He's suing Vox for allegedly using his likeness and name isn't he? not the allegations that he's held dodgy political views.  I'm sure I have seen screen grabs of him liking and posting stuff on social media (now cleansed) that looks very dodgy. 

That doesn't answer my question about his dad. Wasn't Calderon forced out of Madrid after allegedly rigging a vote? He also appears to be the family lawyer not his personal one. 

I am also very concerned about these things (and others). I guess all we can hope is that most won't impact on the Club and that the EFL test includes checking that there's finance available to run the Club...

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

As I recall the actual quote was Alonso PLUS two other possible investors, one of which could be a dream come true.

I only know the tweet as I didn't listen to the whole interview.

Well, I wonder who the 'dream team' were?