El DerbyCo

roboto

A statement from Alonso said: “We are privileged to take ownership of one of the founding members of the Football League and to build a fresh future for the fans, staff and players of Derby County.

“It has undoubtedly been a difficult period both on and off the pitch for the club over the last two seasons and we recognise that all of the staff have been dedicated and worked tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the club’s first team and academy football operations were fulfilled.

“We are looking forward to working with Wayne Rooney and his team, and will do everything possible to support the club’s vision and ambition.

“We would like to thank Mel Morris and his team for their support in helping to facilitate a quick and smooth transaction.

“The sales and purchase agreement has been signed and we are now working with the EFL on the final stages of the EFL Owners and Directors Test.”

The way the statements are worded we seem to have taken the reverse approach with this transaction. Get the money sorted first and then go to the EFL for the Directors test. How long do we think that'll take? 48 hours?

2 minutes ago, Ziga Zaga10 said:

Who's ITK. Is this a good thing?

Too early to tell. He was involved with Sheffield Wednesday as an advisor to Chansiri up until a few months ago and things have been absolutely awful there. However, having a quick look through the replies from Wednesday fans to his Tweet (below) it seems he was doing his best for the club but Chansiri appeared to ignore his advice.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Too early to tell. He was involved with Sheffield Wednesday as an advisor to Chansiri up until a few months ago and things have been absolutely awful there. However, having a quick look through the replies from Wednesday fans to his Tweet (below) it seems he was doing his best for the club but Chansiri appeared to ignore his advice.

Yeah my mate said similar, that Chansiri was {quote} as mad as a box of frogs and that there was no dealing with him. 

Really, really, really want this to be good news.  I don't know much if anything about him or the company to gauge.  BUT, if anything in the short term, i.e. the rest of the season it will hopefully remove a huge uncertainty for the players, subject of course to our esteemed friends at the EFL signing it off. 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

"Morris could stay on at Pride Park in an advisory capacity."

I'd hoped with the Sheikh deal falling through so would the idea that Mel remains around but it appears not. ?

It'd be an honorary role at most I would imagine - Give him a guaranteed seat in the directors box for match days