El DerbyCo

roboto

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

It might not have worked out the way he or us as fans would have wanted but i just want to thank Mel for his efforts while he was owner of the club. Hopefully this move is a good one and it brings a bit more stability to the club. COYR

Stockholm syndrome.

If I remember correctly I believe Alonso has links to Malaysian / Thai businesses that were looking to purchase / finance a club so will be interesting to see who’s investing. 

part of me has a sick feeling in my stomach though, sorry but wouldn’t trust Mel to run a bath let alone choose a stable, sensible buyer for the club.

No doubt we’ll end up with SISU mark 2

not sure what to think about this one, lets home its more El Cid, than the 3 amigo's. At the very least it will give some short term stability and the possibility of the pick of a few up and coming players (not withstanding the Brexit issues).

give it a chance I say 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If I remember correctly I believe Alonso has links to Malaysian / Thai businesses that were looking to purchase / finance a club so will be interesting to see who’s investing. 

part of me has a sick feeling in my stomach though, sorry but wouldn’t trust Mel to run a bath let alone choose a stable, sensible buyer for the club.

I think Mel's choices can be characterised as "Hobson's Choice" - but I agree, I do not have huge faith that the land of milk and honey is now on the horizon. Best we can hope for is "we'll give them a budget for 2 seasons to go up, they make, or if they don't we get back what we can then get out".

BUt in the meantime, lets all fire up the dualingo and habla espaniol and see if we can get some puns on the run.

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Have to disagree he’s made questionable decisions but he’s always had Derby’s best interests at heart, look what he’s done for the academy, there’s no way he’d leave us in the wrong hands, if I’m wrong I’ll happily eat my own words.