El DerbyCo

roboto

42 minutes ago, Tombo said:

As a general rule, you should be wary of anybody who actively wants to own a football club as they are money sinks and make precisely nobody any money. Anyone who actively wants to be in that business has a screw loose.

That or just so much money that losses aren’t a concern. Maybe the two go hand in hand. 

It never cease to amaze me how suddenly people become experts in business, finance and football takeovers - when in reality, their only expertise is on kebabs, eBay and Amazon. 
All I care about is being able to watch my team, hopefully do well, be entertained - and that’s it. 

I’ll just chill my beanz and watch other ‘know it all’s’ go in to sizemic meltdowns ?

22 minutes ago, Dubiousmagoo said:

A quick look through companies house and it seems that Tajinderpal SUMAL is an important part of the new ownership team. But who is he?

Dunno but looks like also director of kevin pieterson cricket academy if same one

2 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

It never cease to amaze me how suddenly people become experts in business, finance and football takeovers - when in reality, their only expertise is on kebabs, eBay and Amazon. 
All I care about is being able to watch my team, hopefully do well, be entertained - and that’s it. 

I’ll just chill my beanz and watch other ‘know it all’s’ go in to sizemic meltdowns ?

Prove you know more than me about kebabs - I dare you. 

5 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

post of the day.

It’s pretty clear that Alonso is a middle man, he has no serious money of his own so the question is then who is he backed by? Is he backed by anyone?

Suppose we’ll find out soon enough. Can only trust right now that Mel has done the right thing by us.

The positive is now it looks like it’s been cleared up, we will hopefully soon have a clear direction on ownership and an understanding of what our aims, ambitions are for next season and what our budget is. But that’s next season - got to get this one done first and we still have a lot of work to do before we can say we’re safe.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s pretty clear that Alonso is a middle man, he has no serious money of his own so the question is then who is he backed by? Is he backed by anyone?

Suppose we’ll find out soon enough. Can only trust right now that Mel has done the right thing by us.

The positive is now it looks like it’s been cleared up, we will hopefully soon have a clear direction on ownership and an understanding of what our aims, ambitions are for next season and what our budget is. But that’s next season - got to get this one done first and we still have a lot of work to do before we can say we’re safe.

I wonder if the timing of this suggests we have been cleared re the EFL appeal ?

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I agree, he's brokered the deal but Mel would not sell to someone or his backers if they have no money. The EFL wouldn't allow it so what would be the point in going this far if they only had a few quid.

Just my opinion ?

12 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

n reality, their only expertise is on kebabs, eBay

I can never work out what the hell a kebab is just that they make me go to the toilet.

And the only time I sold something on ebay the buyer wanted me to give his courier 500 quid.

My chances of knowing what’s going on here are slim.

You just know it’s not going to be straight forward though.