El DerbyCo

roboto

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

There's no way a bloke who has fought in 5 professional boxing fights and is a small time agent has the money to run a football club. That's just not credible- the money is definitely coming from other backers. 

in the short term, as long as the money is there so be it. The EFL should take care of all that with their fit and proper test. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I mean that certainly hasn’t helped, but all clubs have been affected by that, and few are in as bad a position as we are. The problems started long before the pandemic hit.

I wouldn't be so sure about others not being in as bad a position as Derby seem to be. Perhaps we just know more about Derby's problems.

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

in the short term, as long as the money is there so be it. The EFL should take care of all that with their fit and proper test. 

You don't care about the source of the money? Thus not knowing anything about the stability or security of the club... 

24 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

But the same then might apply to Swansea on Saturday surely?

Yes but not sure all the other teams like Blackburn , Luton and Cardiff will be at it. 

We are in dire straits IMO 

If Rotherham win tonight that is. 

Edited by Curtains

Why would anybody buy a football club if they dont have the money or backing? If Alonso didnt have that then why would he buy Derby? Whats the gain for him? The only way anybody really gets any payback is if the club does well. I dont see the logic so he must have the money or backing or its just throwing money away surely. 

2 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Why would anybody buy a football club if they dont have the money or backing? If Alonso didnt have that then why would he buy Derby? Whats the gain for him? The only way anybody really gets any payback is if the club does well. I dont see the logic so he must have the money or backing or its just throwing money away surely. 

Weren’t we asking the same about Shaky...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Weren’t we asking the same about Shaky...

Yeah but they never bought the club. Same maybe true of Alonso but IF he buys the club then he must have funds or backing. If not he is just chucking money away surely. 

8 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I'm sure it was reported proof of funds has been shown but the EFL want to know where he got those funds from seeing as he has no obvious way of having made that money and is denying that his family or Indonesian millionaires gave it him.

3 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Yeah but they never bought the club. Same maybe true of Alonso but IF he buys the club then he must have funds or backing. If not he is just chucking money away surely. 

Yea, but as things stand we are in the same position aren’t we...other than the EFL gave Shaky approval...

4 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I'm sure it was reported proof of funds has been shown but the EFL want to know where he got those funds from seeing as he has no obvious way of having made that money and is denying that his family or Indonesian millionaires gave it him.

I also saw he had produced the funds. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, but as things stand we are in the same position aren’t we...other than the EFL gave Shaky approval...

As things stand yes. But what i mean is IF he buys the club hes got to have the funds or backers or its a complete waste of money for him. What are we being sold for £60m? Who would just pay that and not invest? Just seems the logic dont fit. 

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Doubled + 1 ????

Somewhere in that area.

These labels are often given for IQ scores:

1 to 24: Profound mental disability

25 to 39: Severe mental disability

40 to 54: Moderate mental disability

55 to 69: Mild mental disability

70 to 84: Borderline mental disability

85 to 114: Average intelligence

115 to 129: Above average; bright

130 to 144: Moderately gifted