El DerbyCo

roboto

22 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

Mel has invested well over £100 million in the club since he assumed overall control, the basic business of the  club, is in my opinion not in a mess, we have a great ground , great academy and the commercial side of the businesses is very well run which as a previous tenant of an executive box at the ground I have very good first hand knowledge of.

What is an issue is the unrealistic expectations and  demands of a supporter base that expects the rams to win every game and if that does not happen to get their pitchforks out to drive the owner/manager/players out of the club/town. I believe the squandering of Mel's cash was a direct result of that pressure and the decisions of some previous senior executives.

I would repeat what I have said before be careful what you wish for, because because both the fake sheik and the Alonso guy look far worse custodians of the club than Mel Morris, If I was Mel and getting this level of abuse I would liquidate and take whatever cash I could and spend the rest of my days with my feet up.    

You have your opinion I've got mine which is totally different to yours. 

5 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

You don't care about the source of the money? Thus not knowing anything about the stability or security of the club... 

you would hope that the EFL would following a fit and proper test have verified the source of funds and Alonso as an owner, otherwise they will have another Wigan on their hands. 

even with the right funds etc I doubt if this is a long term fix

People are saying Mel has plenty of money and already spent a lot, I would point out he hasn't spent much but instead injected alot of money in to the club through loans to himself as well as giving the Stadium to himself in order to reduce that loan amount. 

The fact we are for sale for £60m, suggests Mel wants his loan to paid back upfront. Instead of selling the club for nothing(which is typical) and take on the clubs debts, which potentially is a risk for him if we went in to administration. 

We haven't posted our accounts in 2/3 years, which is always a scary sign as well

The scary thing is that Mel apparently looked for help to buy that stadium back off the club, which is why there were reports of a land registry charge against the stadium 

We were walking a tightrope with FFP before Covid, unfortunately Covid hit us at the worse time imo since then we have had to get a loan on the training ground and apparently an additional loan on the stadium 

The best thing about the club is the fans, the fact we fill the stadium even when we are struggling, means its a revenue stream you could rely on. Right now it would be better to lease Mickleover Sports Ground than Pride Park. 

I fear if we get relegated, we go in to the same situation as Coventry unable to pay rent on a stadium we don't own. 

8 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

The fact we are for sale for £60m, suggests Mel wants his loan to paid back upfront. Instead of selling the club for nothing(which is typical) and take on the clubs debts, which potentially is a risk for him if we went in to administration. 

Samuel L Jackson What GIF by Coming to America

Do you really think people would give a football club away if there isn't any debt? 

8 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

We haven't posted our accounts in 2/3 years, which is always a scary sign as well

We can't post our accounts until the EFL appeal is complete. If we posted our accounts using the same amortisation policy then get found guilty we will get more EFL charges. So we need to wait for the outcome so we can file the accounts correctly. 

Rest of your post is just wild speculation of the worse case scenario without any facts to back it up. 

14 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Somewhere in that area.

These labels are often given for IQ scores:

1 to 24: Profound mental disability

25 to 39: Severe mental disability

40 to 54: Moderate mental disability

55 to 69: Mild mental disability

70 to 84: Borderline mental disability

85 to 114: Average intelligence

115 to 129: Above average; bright

130 to 144: Moderately gifted

145 to 159: Highly gifted

160 to 179: Exceptionally gifted

Those aren't IQ scores, they are based on Standard Deviations from the IQ score. Everywhere I've read, even a border collie would score about 70 on an IQ test. If they could hold the pen. Even a brick would score above 1.

10 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

I fear if we get relegated, we go in to the same situation as Coventry unable to pay rent on a stadium we don't own. 

Our ground is owned by Mel - Who is a Derby fan (and has shown that by pouring his money down the pipes trying to do good things for the club)

Coventry's ground was mostly owned by the council - Who decided they weren't in a position to keep doing them a favour

Our ground is owned by a chap who seems to indicate he's willing to do the club plenty of favours - So no doubt he'll provide a structured deal on rental based on game attendances (or something similar)

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Those aren't IQ scores, they are based on Standard Deviations from the IQ score. Everywhere I've read, even a border collie would score about 70 on an IQ test. If they could hold the pen. Even a brick would score above 1.

What about an exceptionally gifted brick?

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Our ground is owned by Mel - Who is a Derby fan (and has shown that by pouring his money down the pipes trying to do good things for the club)

Coventry's ground was mostly owned by the council - Who decided they weren't in a position to keep doing them a favour

Our ground is owned by a chap who seems to indicate he's willing to do the club plenty of favours - So no doubt he'll provide a structured deal on rental based on game attendances (or something similar)

What about an exceptionally gifted brick?

No comment!

15 hours ago, Ash_SJ said:

People are saying Mel has plenty of money and already spent a lot, I would point out he hasn't spent much but instead injected alot of money in to the club through loans to himself as well as giving the Stadium to himself in order to reduce that loan amount. 

The scary thing is that Mel apparently looked for help to buy that stadium back off the club, which is why there were reports of a land registry charge against the stadium 

We were walking a tightrope with FFP before Covid, unfortunately Covid hit us at the worse time imo since then we have had to get a loan on the training ground and apparently an additional loan on the stadium 

The best thing about the club is the fans, the fact we fill the stadium even when we are struggling, means its a revenue stream you could rely on. Right now it would be better to lease Mickleover Sports Ground than Pride Park. 

What loans are you referring to?

From the 2018 accounts, there was no change in loans due despite the stadium sale.

SmartSelect_20210428-144346_Drive.thumb.jpg.65d85fca46d64f0b74bd994569da1036.jpg

Now that Daniel Ek states he has secured money to buy Arsenal, can we ask him for some loose change to buy us? He doesn't want to buy a club whose not going to be in the top 4 places in the Premiership for years. Invest in ours and you will get your wish and financial reward in a few years!! Oh how I wish this could happen!??

On 27/04/2021 at 22:49, Ash_SJ said:

People are saying Mel has plenty of money and already spent a lot, I would point out he hasn't spent much but instead injected alot of money in to the club through loans to himself

Do you have anything to back this up? Any information available in the public domain does not support this.

Really not sure how you have concluded this.

The reason behind this has been explained already.

Dont understand what is scary about this?

Is it any different to the fact that Pride Park had a mortgage on the ground when MM took over the club?